Week 2 Other Games (Als vs Ott Sask vs TO Ham vs BC)

Jpan85

6 hours ago, johnzo said:

Gotta reserve judgement until we actually see them on the field...

..but I've gotta ask, has anyone seen Gary Etcheverry lately? Are we certain that this "Chris Jones" isn't just Etch in a rubber mask?

this does reek of that, in a big way....

22 hours ago, Noeller said:

their depth chart is fantastic. The kid they drafted at WR this year is starting at S and a kid that was WR/TE for BC is ahead of Lemon at DE......

Well, the one on the right was on the left
And the one in the middle was on the right
And the one on the left was in the middle
And the guy in the rear was a Methodist

Johnny Cash said it best

Ottawa at Montreal 

Harris vs Glenn - Glenn threw to 8 different receivers last week against the Bombers, and was fantastic in his ability to get the ball away..even if it was just in time. Harris came on in relief of Burris and promptly rolled up 17-19 in his relief time...for 292 yds and 3 TDs. But Harris will be game-planned by Thorpe this week, and that will be different than coming in against an unprepared defence. Harris had an outstanding game, and was QB of the week, but I doubt it will be as easy this week.

Montreal just might surprise.

Toronto at Sakatchewan

Everybody with any interest in CFL games, or not, will want to tune in to this game if not only for the sheer lunacy that the Riders, under Jones, have created. The soap opera that Jones has created will unfold tonight. Millions and millions of Rider supporters (jock-straps for short) will tune in to see their new hero lead the newly arisen 'vanquishers'.

Saskatchewan had the bye in week 1

Toronto got steam-rolled by Hamilton last week and Ricky Ray's rust was exposed. Ray got sacked 6 times and looked Willied (if I can borrow that expression). Ray still threw for 282 yards and was 26-36 for 2 TDs, so he wasn't completely ineffective. He should be much better against a questionable secondary. The question is - will he have time to throw this week? This is an unknown defence in Sask., because they haven't played together or haven't played much at all. I suspect Ray will be ready this week. Will Durant? Durant hasn't played in over a year.

Do you know what would take the sting out of last week's Bomber loss on opening day? - That's right...a Rider loss.

Speaking of the Toronto - Rider game, Rod (call me RiderRod) Pedersen has posted the Riders are 3 point favorites to win...Draftkings? Perhaps?

A lot of people don't agree...

The picks

Edwards: Toronto is better than they looked last week, the Riders are worse than people think. ARGONAUTS
Dunk: Ricky Way will shake off the rust, Darian Durant will not. ARGONAUTS

Hodge: This is football; you can’t immediately win with 19 new starters in your line-up. The Riders are going to need time to gel — a lot of time. ARGONAUTS
Smith: Riders will be pumped for last home opener at Mosaic, but Toronto will spoil the party. ARGONAUTS
Gasson: The Riders will look better than they did in the pre-season but it won’t be quite enough. ARGONAUTS
Filoso: With over 30 new players on their roster and less than half a pre-season game to gel, I’ll take Toronto over a Saskatchewan team that has yet to knock off the rust. ARGONAUTS

10 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Ottawa's offense is just absolutely flying with Travon Van & Trevor Harris. But Van is hurt. But Harris hits Ernest Jackson for a TD. Watching Ottawa just makes me angry. How is it they can build a team like that from scratch in 3 years & we're still stuck in neutral? It's frustrating as hell.

No doubt and it all starts at QB. Give Ottawa credit for being greedy and doubling up on proven starting QB's. Walters should have thrown his chequebook at Harris instead of showing blind faith in Willy who has proven nothing other than a proficiency for getting hurt. Walters has gone all-in with Willy holding a 2-7 offsuit.

6 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

No doubt and it all starts at QB. Give Ottawa credit for being greedy and doubling up on proven starting QB's. Walters should have thrown his chequebook at Harris instead of showing blind faith in Willy who has proven nothing other than a proficiency for getting hurt. Walters has gone all-in with Willy holding a 2-7 offsuit.

I know. Desjardins has done that twice. However, it all starts with a great foundation: the Riders OL. We don't have anything close to Ottawa's OL. The rebuild just goes on & on. If i was Walters I'd be checking out other teams practice roster & plucking guys off their PR. There has to be one or 2 guys that can play OL. To hell with CFL tradition or protocol when it comes to the PR. We have to start winning NOW!

Edited by iso_55

5 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

This is not on Walters if he and O'Shea have the relationship where O'Shea assesses the talent and tells Walters to get the need filled. It has to be O'Shea to look at Willy and decide if he is the right horse or not, and there have been a lot of instances where O'Shea's judgement has been shown to be lacking.

19 hours ago, johnzo said:

Gotta reserve judgement until we actually see them on the field...

..but I've gotta ask, has anyone seen Gary Etcheverry lately? Are we certain that this "Chris Jones" isn't just Etch in a rubber mask?

Would this have anything to do with Arya Stark having the Riders on her kill list?

Edited by kelownabomberfan

15 minutes ago, tracker said:

This is not on Walters if he and O'Shea have the relationship where O'Shea assesses the talent and tells Walters to get the need filled. It has to be O'Shea to look at Willy and decide if he is the right horse or not, and there have been a lot of instances where O'Shea's judgement has been shown to be lacking.

Its also Walters' job to make sure there is a back-up plan and that the team is in a position to succeed regardless of what his rookie coach thinks.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

19 minutes ago, tracker said:

ya and who hired MOS?

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Its also Walters' job to make sure there is a back-up plan and that the team is in a position to succeed regardless of what his rookie coach thinks.

O'Shea could be excused on that accord the first season and perhaps the second, but no more. The GM cannot override the coach if the coach says, "this is the right player and I am going to go with him" and Nichols could be an effective plan B to Willy but we may never know.

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

O'Shea could be excused on that accord the first season and perhaps the second, but no more. The GM cannot override the coach if the coach says, "this is the right player and I am going to go with him" and Nichols could be an effective plan B to Willy but we may never know.

Oh i fully agree that O'shea's decision making is suspect at best especially when it comes to "his guys" and loyalty to declining vets but in the end the final personnel decisions belong to the GM, or should anyway.