Week 2 Other Games (Als vs Ott Sask vs TO Ham vs BC)

Jpan85

20 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I don't get the Durant love myself. He looked very average. Good game manager, but he isn't going to go out and win a game for you.

Ricky Ray is so done. I just can't get over the Argos keeping him over Trevor Harris.

Well, if you don't get the love for Durant & Ricky Ray looks done to you then that means Willy already has one foot in the grave as a qb  after last week's game.

Edited by iso_55

34 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I don't get the Durant love myself. He looked very average. Good game manager, but he isn't going to go out and win a game for you.

Ricky Ray is so done. I just can't get over the Argos keeping him over Trevor Harris.

Ray is the best qb to play in CFL in recent memory, hands down. He is still dangerous, he was kept because they know what he can do.  Jones held back the blitzing last night on Ray as he respects him. For the most part our defense did a good job against him, holding him to 180 passing.  As far as Durant, I get the Rider hate around here but he is a very good qb. Serious fans can see and acknowledge talented players on other teams.

Steele, Roosevelt and Chiles have some real potential to click with Durant...  more than I saw from our squad aside from Harris.

Ray didn't look great but if Hazleton doesn't have the dropsies, its a bit of a different story.

12 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Ray is the best qb to play in CFL in recent memory, hands down. He is still dangerous, he was kept because they know what he can do.  Jones held back the blitzing last night on Ray as he respects him. For the most part our defense did a good job against him, holding him to 180 passing.  As far as Durant, I get the Rider hate around here but he is a very good qb. Serious fans can see and acknowledge talented players on other teams.

Jones held back the blitz out of respect for Ray? The fricking Riders lost. Is that the excuse in Regina today?? How about the Argos have more talent than the Riders & leave it at that.

13 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Steele, Roosevelt and Chiles have some real potential to click with Durant...  more than I saw from our squad aside from Harris.

Ray didn't look great but if Hazleton doesn't have the dropsies, its a bit of a different story.

Thing that has always separated Ray from anyone else is his ability to simply take what is there and get the ball out quickly.  The guy has played a long time for a reason, he just doesn't take a lot of hits. Taking what's there sounds so easy, but time and again teams move away from something simple that is working and find failure elsewhere.  Ray will just kill u with the dump passes all night long.  One example, the Bombers were clearly getting success with Harris last week, why didn't they stick with it more??

3 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Jones held back the blitz out of respect for Ray? The fricking Riders lost. Is that the excuse in Regina today?? How about the Argos have more talent than the Riders & leave it at that.

Excuse?  Who is making excuses??

1 hour ago, B-F-F-C said:

The play was dead. Why can't Campbell be on the field? I thought it was only during the play that you have to be behind the sideline. 

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Agreed. Campbell also wasn't far on the field either. Carter clearly went over there to stir up shyte. Carter should be suspended

Rule 1, Section 11, Article 1

The coaches shall not be permitted on the playing field at any time during the game, except with the permission of the Referee.

thats the rule folks. I can't see the Ref and ref only, not a linesman, giving permission to Campbell to enter the playing field, but coaches get on the field frequently during the game without sanctions. So Campbell can argue it's an unenforced rule and therefore does not apply. However Campbell clearly embellished the flop as he raised his shoulder to try and bump Carter,

Carter took a hell of a hit in the end zone on that touchdown, so when will the documentation surface that he underwent the concussion protocol, because he clearly wasn't thinking straight by nudging Campbell. 

29 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Jones held back the blitzing last night on Ray as he respects him. 

This is to laugh.

Jones respects no one. He's proven that time and again. If he could throw his grandmother out there,  in order to stop a play, he'd do it. No, there's other reasons why he didn't blitz Ray, probably because they're not ready to, but it's not respect for Ray.

Um, Jones totally held back the blitz...  don't recall seeing Cover 0 really.  He sent AC Leonard a fair bit but nothing 'wacky'...

Really thought that was a result of being torched early by Ray...  I thought Jones called a smart game.  Especially with big question marks in his secondary.

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Um, Jones totally held back the blitz...  don't recall seeing Cover 0 really.  He sent AC Leonard a fair bit but nothing 'wacky'...

Really thought that was a result of being torched early by Ray...  I thought Jones called a smart game.  Especially with big question marks in his secondary.

After we got torched for the td, we backed off.  Is respect the wrong word for that?

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Durant looked solid. Roosevelt looks like he'll have a monster year for them.

Yeah I wasn't buying the Roosevelt hype but he was impressive. It would sure be nice if we could recruit a guy like him. The rest of their receivers get a collective "meh"'from me.

25 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Yeah I wasn't buying the Roosevelt hype but he was impressive. It would sure be nice if we could recruit a guy like him. The rest of their receivers get a collective "meh"'from me.

The Bombers now have a solid group of receivers, I can see Jones letting Dressler go but he made a mistake passing on Smith.

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Excuse?  Who is making excuses??

Saying Jones held back is an excuse. You really think Jones would sacrifice a game out of respect for Ricky Ray? He'd bury him if he could, If I was a Rider fan I'd expect that.

1 minute ago, iso_55 said:

Saying Jones held back is an excuse. You really think Jones would sacrifice a game out of respect for Ricky Ray? He'd bury him if he could, If I was a Rider fan I'd expect that.

He held back after we got burned. That's not a excuse. When our young secondary gets a little more experience, the blitzing will come and we won't have to worry about getting burned for a long td because someone in cover 3 lets his guy go thinking he has outside support when there isn't any. Dixon clearly misread the play. That's a fact, not a excuse. He respected Ray in the sense that he knew Ray was a vet and would make us pay dearly if we kept trying it. The best way to beat a blitzing defense is it hit them where it hurts, on the scoreboard. I want the riders to hammer every team we play, and yes I expect that from Jones. I also expect him to be smart enough to call plays that make sense. I can think of at 3 coaching blunders last night from Jones

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Durant looked solid. Roosevelt looks like he'll have a monster year for them.

Durant sure did & it looks like Roosevelt has the potential to be a thousand yard receiver. I like Darian. He seems like a nice guy. At age 33 coming back from 2 serious injuries he may have lost a bit of his athleticism. He will have to adapt his playing style to stay successful. He's lost 20 lbs so he knows he needed to trim down. I think he'll do well this year. I just hope the Riders don't. ;) 

7 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Durant sure did & it looks like Roosevelt has the potential to be a thousand yard receiver. I like Darian. He seems like a nice guy. At age 33 coming back from 2 serious injuries he may have lost a bit of his athleticism. He will have to adapt his playing style to stay successful. He's lost 20 lbs so he knows he needed to trim down. I think he'll do well this year. I just hope the Riders don't. ;) 

They said on the radio last night he is playing at 210lbs, usually been at 230lbs. I agree he needs to adapt if he wants to continue

8 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Well as a Rider fan once said " we need to get someone with something between his ears, durant is brain dead, he cant read a defence pre snap, never has. his slow starts prove it, he has no idea were pressure might be coming from or what coverage they could be playing and thus doesnt know where to go with the ball. he never adjusts his game, get rid of him."

Then there was the time he got fined by the cfl for this comment to a fan in twitter " “Wasn’t running at the beginning of the season dumb f---,”. 

Yeah, class act.

2 minutes ago, J5V said:

Well as a Rider fan once said " we need to get someone with something between his ears, durant is brain dead, he cant read a defence pre snap, never has. his slow starts prove it, he has no idea were pressure might be coming from or what coverage they could be playing and thus doesnt know where to go with the ball. he never adjusts his game, get rid of him."

Then there was the time he got fined by the cfl for this comment to a fan in twitter " “Wasn’t running at the beginning of the season dumb f---,”. 

Yeah, class act.

Athletes need to stay off twitter. I won't hold that against the guy though. As far as reading defenses, holy **** the guy has killed the Stamps in more than one Western Final throwing the football. The guy can read defenses or he wouldn't have played this long.

7 hours ago, Zontar said:

Riders made a very average TOR look special. TOR and MTL will be even money for who makes playoffs in East.

I know SSK has the best fans in the league , CFL flagship etc., but what was the deal with the empty seats for home opener ? Surely, there must be some explanation

We should quit saying that because those jokers don't know we're kidding.