Drew Willy

3 minutes ago, BomberDynasty said:

Yep,

And that's the problem with Walters. Not including this year (and the verdict is still out on that), he hasn't really made his picks count. Waggoner was a total waste to give up a first rounder for a player who is likely only good enough to be a career special teamer. You could have selected a similar player in round 5. Another very poor pick is Goosen. He didn't start for a number of years because even as a first rounder he needed "development". Now his is a starter and looks like he is only ever going to be capable as a backup. His play in the middle is a big part of the Bombers problems.

Walters needs to go before this Bomber team will ever be any better than what you saw in game 1.

Say what? career ster? The guy is raw but has all the tools to start eventually. Canadian rookie defensive players take a while. Wally buono was trying to sign him as an imp. That says more then enough about his talent level. 

Goosen didnt not start for a number of years. He took the starting role before the halfway point of his 2nd year. Played in all games in his 2nd year. You need to have a clue what your talking about before you call for some ones job man.

Unfortunately MOS will not sit Willy during any game unless hurt. He fails to see the benefits of sitting him for a few series so he can get a different perspective of the opposition's defense. Until he is willing to take a QB out for poor performance for either the reason above or simply to change the pace in the hopes it will jump start the offense we will see the same game in game out and frankly that is regardless of what the OL does. It just seems strange to me that many will argue that it isn't Willy that is the problem but the OL. I heard our OL coach explain the issues with sacks so if you take that it isn't just the OL but everyone on offense. With that said it is strange yet and still that the back up QBs can get rid of the ball on target on time whereas Willy cannot seem to do that. Go figure!?

1 minute ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Unfortunately MOS will not sit Willy during any game unless hurt. He fails to see the benefits of sitting him for a few series so he can get a different perspective of the opposition's defense. Until he is willing to take a QB out for poor performance for either the reason above or simply to change the pace in the hopes it will jump start the offense we will see the same game in game out and frankly that is regardless of what the OL does. It just seems strange to me that many will argue that it isn't Willy that is the problem but the OL. I heard our OL coach explain the issues with sacks so if you take that it isn't just the OL but everyone on offense. With that said it is strange yet and still that the back up QBs can get rid of the ball on target on time whereas Willy cannot seem to do that. Go figure!?

What are you using as a tool to compare preseason garbage time? Willy looked good in regular season garbage time its not much of a tool to compare. 

I'm sorry but I don't understand your post. If you are referring to the 4th quarter when the game was pretty much out of reach even though this is the CFL Willy had one good play; I think it was a 63 yard TD and a 2 point conversion. Take those yards along with the others he accumulated with the short dinky passes I think he had close to 80 yards in that quarter. Compare that to when the game was really on the line and you can see I think what is meant by garbage time. As for the pre season I don't know. I only know that in preseason he couldn't do diddly whereas the other QBs could move the team somewhat respectfully. I don't believe there is a comparison at all when you compare preseason to regular season unless you want to compare productivity of the Bombers offense and if so then you could certainly compare the two in that both were terribly ineffective. That's all sorry.

A lot of fans needed time to come around on Ondrej Pavelec. They said I was a hater on HF, that I didn't know hockey and that I was being bitter with one person. Well fast forward 3 years and virtually everyone is on the same page.

Willys supporters will need time too. Big difference though is I find Drew an amicable, likable guy. If Drew started winning I'd be a huge fan of course. The thing that drives me the most crazy about being a fan online is some people view any criticism, no matter how on point it is, to be a "lesser fan". The cheerleaders don't seem to understand that you can think a player or team stinks but still love the logo and team and want better results.

44 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

I'm sorry but I don't understand your post. If you are referring to the 4th quarter when the game was pretty much out of reach even though this is the CFL Willy had one good play; I think it was a 63 yard TD and a 2 point conversion. Take those yards along with the others he accumulated with the short dinky passes I think he had close to 80 yards in that quarter. Compare that to when the game was really on the line and you can see I think what is meant by garbage time. As for the pre season I don't know. I only know that in preseason he couldn't do diddly whereas the other QBs could move the team somewhat respectfully. I don't believe there is a comparison at all when you compare preseason to regular season unless you want to compare productivity of the Bombers offense and if so then you could certainly compare the two in that both were terribly ineffective. That's all sorry.

Your comparing the other qbs in garbage pre season time to willy over the course of this last regular season game. Willy started 5/5 and while struggling horribly in the middle of the game, did more then the rest did in the preseason. No one was remotely good enough, even against players no longer in the league to take the starting job. Not to mention we also have the previous play of willy to gauge off of.  

15 minutes ago, White Out said:

A lot of fans needed time to come around on Ondrej Pavelec. They said I was a hater on HF, that I didn't know hockey and that I was being bitter with one person. Well fast forward 3 years and virtually everyone is on the same page.

Willys supporters will need time too. Big difference though is I find Drew an amicable, likable guy. If Drew started winning I'd be a huge fan of course. The thing that drives me the most crazy about being a fan online is some people view any criticism, no matter how on point it is, to be a "lesser fan". The cheerleaders don't seem to understand that you can think a player or team stinks but still love the logo and team and want better results.

a broken clock is right twice a day. once in 3 years is hardly as impressive. 

3 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

I wonder when the peanut gallery will finally be ready to admit that Waggoner is shomari Williams 2.0. Him and Addison Richards were absolutely atrocious picks.

All "The peanut gallery" has ever said is wait before passing judgement. And i think we need to remember the situation when waggoner was taken. We didn't know about khalil bass at the time, ian wild was still in the nfl and we were looking at a canadian in a linebacker spot. All that in mind is taking a linebacker really a bad play? Sure things have changed but not like he isn't contributing, he plays special teams. We can critisize walters for a lot of picks but I don't think this is really one to be too down on yet.

2 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

I'd say that's pretty much the text book definition of "dumping".  And I'm shocked that a guy that was essentially a first round pick in 2015 is not already a starter because every other 2015 1st rounder is, right BlueandGold?

Philip gagnon is a starter actually yeah. 

12 minutes ago, White Out said:

Some comeback. I've rarely been wrong about my predictions, especially when it comes to our football team.

youve never been positive. Your predictions sticking to vague and negative. 

13 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Philip gagnon is a starter actually yeah. 

elevated due to injuries and under performance wasnt projected to start in tc/ps. he isnt starter quality atm. 

2 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

He's who would be on our team if it wasn't for the Waggonner selection. 

he wasnt ranked top 5, montreal went off the board for him. And if you will recall our scouts had couture as the best OL on the board. And we all know how that works compared to what the common consensus for drafting. We've frequently taken "our guy" over the highest rated available player.

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

he wasnt ranked top 5, montreal went off the board for him. And if you will recall our scouts had couture as the best OL on the board. And we all know how that works compared to what the common consensus for drafting. We've frequently taken "our guy" over the highest rated available player.

True, I mean we did take Richards over Durant who despite not having a huge 2015 actually looks like he'll be a quality Canadian in the league. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Say what? career ster? The guy is raw but has all the tools to start eventually. Canadian rookie defensive players take a while. Wally buono was trying to sign him as an imp. That says more then enough about his talent level. 

Goosen didnt not start for a number of years. He took the starting role before the halfway point of his 2nd year. Played in all games in his 2nd year. You need to have a clue what your talking about before you call for some ones job man.

Let's wait and see what happens. So far neither of those players has made the immediate positive impact that this team needs. Talk to me when they do something concrete. What they do 3 years from now won't matter much as the current regime is trending towards not surviving that long. In fact, the current regime is going to live and die by how proficient, or at least minimally competent, guys like Goosen can become this year. 

Just now, BomberDynasty said:

Let's wait and see what happens. So far neither of those players has made the immediate positive impact that this team needs. Talk to me when they do something concrete. What they do 3 years from now won't matter much as the current regime is trending towards not surviving that long. In fact, the current regime is going to live and die by how proficient, or at least minimally competent, guys like Goosen can become this year. 

Thats the nature of developing NI talent. You virtually never get an immediate game changer unless they come from the nfl. minimally competent? goosen was our starting centre last year. must be new to the cfl. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Thats the nature of developing NI talent. You virtually never get an immediate game changer unless they come from the nfl. minimally competent? goosen was our starting centre last year. must be new to the cfl. 

Picard started almost every game last year. Goossen started a few at C, and a few at guard where he really struggled. His snapping alone made him a far better Option at Centre than Picard though. Just another situation where O'Shea sticks with one of his mediocre players. 

1 minute ago, Blueandgold said:

Picard started almost every game last year. Goossen started a few at C, and a few at guard where he really struggled. His snapping alone made him a far better Option at Centre than Picard though. Just another situation where O'Shea sticks with one of his mediocre players. 

goosen started 10+ games last year mostly at guard. 

7 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Well you should give the kid a break...

After all wbbfan is new to the CFL...

At lot of folks have converted themselves into air raid shelters, as far as this OL.   If you subtract one average guy, a guy who will be good, a guy who might be good some day.....then really, how many real proven players do we have there - right now? 

Edited by do or die

Just now, Blueandgold said:

In the post I quoted you said he was our starting centre last year which I was correcting that's all. 

your right he ended as our starting centre taking the roll after playing guard most of the year. he lost his spot for 4 games to goosen.  And the spot for good.

51 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The way things are going, Walters & MOS won't be around to ever see Goosen & Waggoner become long time starters as they'll be fired. I just think rebuilding our OL is taking years too long. We need to find competent American tackles & guards.