The Nationals

Floyd

9 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I wish we can somehow unload Hurl's big contract... if we're looking for a trade, I can see Riders, RedBlacks & Esks are the ones (maybe) in need of NI LBers... not sure they're willing to take Hurl's tab.

We might see a switch of 8th NAT position from CB to S... Wagonner & Loffler on the S... an INT start at field-side CB

Bucknor might stay in the 44 or IR

Same as Morgan... or cut.

I hope the Riders aren't interested. I've watched Hurl almost make the play enough times to last me a lifetime

On 2016-05-12 at 8:19 AM, Mike said:

My Canadians on the gameday roster:

RB - Harris, Lochard

FB - Normand

OL - Goossen, Chungh, Neufeld, Keeping

REC - Kohlert, Bastien, Feoli-Gudino, Richards

DL - Shologan, Westerman, Thomas, Corney

LB - Waggoner, Briggs, Hurl

DB - Jones, Sherman, Loffler, Bucknor

LS - Rempel

I pretty much agree with you, other than these two changes.

It's nice to see that a few respectable Canadian players might not be able to make our roster.

On 12/05/2016 at 8:19 AM, Mike said:

My Canadians on the gameday roster:

RB - Harris, Lochard

FB - Normand

OL - Goossen, Chungh, Neufeld, Keeping

REC - Kohlert, Bastien, Feoli-Gudino

DL - Shologan, Westerman, Thomas, Corney

LB - Waggoner, Briggs, Hurl

DB - Jones, Sherman, Loffler

LS - Rempel

You think Bastien beats out Richards? I hope not. Nothing against the guy, I just hope Richards improves enough to at least back up kohlert this year.

56 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

You think Bastien beats out Richards? I hope not. Nothing against the guy, I just hope Richards improves enough to at least back up kohlert this year.

I don't think there's any chance Bastien beats Richards, but the question is whether Richards will be healthy enough to play.

KW was saying they will probably go with just 1 CDN starter at receiver (Kohlert) so... I'd imagine Richards does make the roster in some way, Not sure he will have to play that much, but... honestly when he did play a little bit last year, he looked semi decent. Young guy, needs some time, think he could turn in to a good receiver for sure in a year or 2... 

I'd only put Bucknor on the field if the opposition promises to keep one receiver outside the far hashmarks.

I honestly don't see how he makes this team.  Wonder if he even gets to training camp.  If he's not starting there's not much cake to having him on the roster because there are loads of guys ahead of him special teams-wise.

I can't speak for others who commented on it, but I'm just saying that *IF* Addison Richards is 100% healthy, he's got the POTENTIAL to have a big camp and move Kohlert outta that spot. Ton of *IF*'s but just sayin'.......

Kohlert aint going no where.  Richards even healthy will still need a decent season of learning the ropes at full game speed as that hip injury really kept him out of the loop all year..  I don't expect much change in our receiver depth lineup to be honest (for canadians that is) JFG as backup with bastien or richards as depth would be how i would shake it down.. Bastien may be on the outside looking in at this point.

What I like about the our National situation is that we're not going to be looking in the pile of former could-have-beens to fill out the back end of the roster. As a matter of fact, we probably will be adding to it this year, and our middle range athletes will drop closer to the bottom. I'm not worried about our National starters anymore, I think they will be seeking out the better of a number of players..not just who is 'good enough' to don the pads. This is the way it should have been all along and thank goodness, we're getting back there.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Hmm JFG not on bombers roster list... prob just mistake.  but not sure that Bastien or Richards don't replace him...  I'd like to see him move to fullback, still big enough to block.

He's listed on the Bombers' roster. 

25 minutes ago, James said:

I don't know why everyone seems so high on Richards...

For me, it's not that I'm high on him, I just hope he steps it up this year and becomes a contributing member somehow. I believe he was a head of Bastien on the roster last year.

11 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

For me, it's not that I'm high on him, I just hope he steps it up this year and becomes a contributing member somehow. I believe he was a head of Bastien on the roster last year.

I didn't see enough of Richards to have an opinion but I saw enough of Bastien to prefer the work of JFG.