The Nationals

Floyd

Some perspective...  33 NI for 21 spots and maybe 3-4 PR (Cut in red, PR in blue, school in green)

Starters

Westerman, Shologan, Goossen, Chungh, Neufeld, Harris, Kohlert

Possible/Rotational Starters

Hurl, Bucknor, Waggoner, Jones, Thomas, JFG, Sherman

Backups/ST

Morgan, Richardson, Keeping, Richards, Briggs, Bastien, Cronk, Rempel, Lochard, Normand,

Draft Picks/ST

Couture, Rush, Gauthier, Corney, ButcherLoffler, Inztandt, Renaud

Kickers

Pavlopolous

Edited by Floyd

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

A lot of your cuts are interesting. Not sure why you'd want to cut Cronk and Normand.

i see you've chosen Gauthier as your sacrificial lamb this season.

Thats why I was confused by the pick... Rush is just better.  Gauthier will be cut but on speed dial..

My cuts include Briggs and Lochard serving as FB...  with an import RB on roster as well.

Basically, just showing that we have a lot of blue chip depth - tough decisions...  I could see Sherman and JFG cut loose actually but hope not.

Am I reading this right that you're cutting both of our national long snappers? I hope we don't have Wild long snapping again, that'd bone us on both defence and special teams if he gets dinged up.

I would really like to see us start three international hogs, hold Keeping and Neufeld in reserve for the inevitable injuries, and not rush Couture. No way we'll get 18 games out of four Canadians playing three spots, especially when one of them is Neufeld.  That'd mean a national receiver, field corner, or safety, I guess.

(edit) Just read that Walters says we're planning on starting three national OL.  http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Football/CFL/Winnipeg/2016/05/10/22632136.html

Edited by johnzo

8 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Am I reading this right that you're cutting both of our national long snappers? I hope we don't have Wild long snapping again, that'd bone us on both defence and special teams if he gets dinged up.

I would really like to see us start three international hogs and hold both Keeping and Neufeld in reserve for the inevitable injuries. No way we'll get 18 games out of four Canadians playing three spots, especially when one of them is Neufeld.  Guess that means a national receiver, field corner, or safety.

We've been there, done that, don't want to again. 

Edited by Jacquie

6 hours ago, Floyd said:

Thats why I was confused by the pick... Rush is just better.  Gauthier will be cut but on speed dial..

My cuts include Briggs and Lochard serving as FB...  with an import RB on roster as well.

Basically, just showing that we have a lot of blue chip depth - tough decisions...  I could see Sherman and JFG cut loose actually but hope not.

I don't know in what world you could possibly say Rush is better until they actually both get out on the field, but I suspect this is you just jumping the gun on a guy like Gauthier because you didn't like the pick to begin with and now your opinions are going to be crafted to fit that agenda. I honestly don't know who is better between Rush or Gauthier, I'm sure the coaching staff doesn't either until they both get into camp and start to absorb the roles and responsibilities our staff will want them to look after ... but hey, whatever floats your boat.

I really like the Gauthier pick for what it's worth. Every guy like a James Green, Marc Beswick or Daryl Townsend has a role in the CFL and with the build of our roster right now, I'm happy to see us bring in a guy who brings those attributes and a reckless abandon on specials.

My Canadians on the gameday roster:

RB - Harris, Lochard

FB - Normand

OL - Goossen, Chungh, Neufeld, Keeping

REC - Kohlert, Bastien, Feoli-Gudino

DL - Shologan, Westerman, Thomas, Corney

LB - Waggoner, Briggs, Hurl

DB - Jones, Sherman, Loffler

LS - Rempel

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I don't know in what world you could possibly say Rush is better until they actually both get out on the field, but I suspect this is you just jumping the gun on a guy like Gauthier because you didn't like the pick to begin with and now your opinions are going to be crafted to fit that agenda. I honestly don't know who is better between Rush or Gauthier, I'm sure the coaching staff doesn't either until they both get into camp and start to absorb the roles and responsibilities our staff will want them to look after ... but hey, whatever floats your boat.

I really like the Gauthier pick for what it's worth. Every guy like a James Green, Marc Beswick or Daryl Townsend has a role in the CFL and with the build of our roster right now, I'm happy to see us bring in a guy who brings those attributes and a reckless abandon on specials.

Just basing it on the fact that Rush had 20 more tackles in the season, first team all-star and that he won the presidents trophy...  

Nothing against Gauthier, I just don't see room for him... you love the pick and still don't have him on your roster

3 hours ago, Mike said:

My Canadians on the gameday roster:

RB - Harris, Lochard

FB - Normand

OL - Goossen, Chungh, Neufeld, Keeping

REC - Kohlert, Bastien, Feoli-Gudino

DL - Shologan, Westerman, Thomas, Corney

LB - Waggoner, Briggs, Hurl

DB - Jones, Sherman, Loffler

LS - Rempel

I suspect you'd have to add in Bucknor and as such remove Loffler.  Move Waggoner to DB too, but probably splitting hairs there. 

Otherwise pretty slick.

17to85 and I were just having the discussion this morning about how safe Bucknor is. He's a noted Bucknor detractor, and I feel he's **** on too often by fans. I wouldn't call myself a fan of his or anything that severe, but he's not as bad as people say. Now, having said that, at what point do they go younger and cheaper in a spot that everyone agrees is the easiest one in the defensive backfield......?

I wish we can somehow unload Hurl's big contract... if we're looking for a trade, I can see Riders, RedBlacks & Esks are the ones (maybe) in need of NI LBers... not sure they're willing to take Hurl's tab.

We might see a switch of 8th NAT position from CB to S... Wagonner & Loffler on the S... an INT start at field-side CB

Bucknor might stay in the 44 or IR

Same as Morgan... or cut.

15 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Walters said they probably won't DI a Dlineman on game day roster so I would assume Richardson makes game day lineups.

I believed we carried 6 DL for the most of the games last year.

So it might be Westerman, Shologan, Thomas, Corney... Cummings and a DE