The Nationals

Floyd

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

So who are your 7 then? Neufeld, Gossen, Chung, Westerman, Shologon, Harris and ? Do you want to start Bucknor? Hurl? Or some random unproven NI?

I'd be ok with starting Bucknor on wide side. But it's a question of who gives you more value when their on the bench, Kholert or Bucknor....An american playing Wide side corner, or an american playing wideside rec. For me, I'd like a bigger body at wide side receiver. So that means bucknor starting, but will that reduce the talent on Defence more than what is gained on Offence? 

There's lots to consider this year.

22 hours ago, Floyd said:

Hmm JFG not on bombers roster list... prob just mistake.  but not sure that Bastien or Richards don't replace him...  I'd like to see him move to fullback, still big enough to block.

Idk what happened to JFG. he went from a monster catching every thing to houdini. Maybe we could move him to RB to add to our NI rb depth

I definitely think that we will again start 8 Nat'l this year. We did it last year when our Nat'l depth is still in question. Now our Canadian content is deeper I dont think there's no reason we wont do it again and gives us flexibility ratio-wise during gameday. 

3 OL - 1 RB - 1 WR - 2 DL - 1 in secondary (either a S or a CB)

11 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I definitely think that we will again start 8 Nat'l this year. We did it last year when our Nat'l depth is still in question. Now our Canadian content is deeper I dont think there's no reason we wont do it again and gives us flexibility ratio-wise during gameday. 

3 OL - 1 RB - 1 WR - 2 DL - 1 in secondary (either a S or a CB)

But why...

I can see getting Waggoner or Jones some reps at Safety in case one of our OL goes down but we should be able to find better CB or REC...  

Let's just start 7 solid Nationals and insure there is sufficient depth to plug and play when injuries require it. The last thing you need is an injury that then requires a shifting of 2 or 3 players to different positions. That just hampers continuity and creates confusion on the field.

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Idk what happened to JFG. he went from a monster catching every thing to houdini. Maybe we could move him to RB to add to our NI rb depth

JFG did not see the field much in the second half of the season as Moore did not miss as many games as people think.  I like hardscrabble Canadian receivers and wish teams could look beyond "measurables" and more at "effectability".  Imagine what kind of career Rick House would have if he showed up at TC today.  Sad.

27 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

That's assuming we use a specialty player as our kick returner. It could just as easily be someone like Veltung who starts at receiver for us. 

Have a feeling McDuffie starts the season as KR...  maybe boundary REC too

2 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Except, by my count, there are only 7 national starters.  O'Shea will start 8.  If he did it when national talent was thin, he's sure not going to stop doing now.

We have 3 IMP Lbers that will start if healthy, thats the difference. 

On 15/05/2016 at 0:12 AM, M.O.A.B. said:

remember the 2 DI position is burned by the special teams already... Medlock and the KR

Depends on how many internationals are dressed for a game. If there are 19 then there are 3 DIs.