Royal Blue uniforms are officially back!!

bb.king

18 minutes ago, BlueGoldBozo said:

See there is a football god after all.

Not sure I am a big fan of the whites with so much blue up top but it's huge improvement.

And the CFL/BB never disappoint what would this league be without those quaint screw ups ...... Can I buy one .....errr Sorry not yet sir ! :) 

Except neither of them screwed up. Adidas did... 

30 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Except neither of them screwed up. Adidas did... 

Seriously, I wish people would stop blaming the Bombers for this.  I've seen these comments written all over the place saying how they blame the Bombers.  So many people too lazy to click on and read the articles.

The only screw up by the Bomber IMO is the fact they held on to the navy blue colour scheme faaaaaaaar too long (talking years and years) when they knew the fans wanted royal blue back. For whatever reason the team remained stubborn about it but finally realized they weren't going to win and finally changed. http://www.cfl.ca/2016/05/16/dunk-new-threads-adidas-come-18-months-making/ in this article it says the teams were consulted with every part of the design, not sure the Bombers had that option when Reebok was doing it, so I'll cut them some slack. In this case however Adidas messed up, not the team ...

Edited by IC Khari

Like most, not a fan on the blue shoulders on the road, but I don't have a huge problem with it or anything.

I did think it looked a lot worse initially when all you could see was the upper body and a bit of the gold pants so the shoulders seemed out of place, but then after seeing the head to toe shot the blue socks actually tie it all together decently so it's a bit more acceptable. :)

I'll take royal blue and no "piping" over what we had, even with a few things that aren't exactly as I would do them. I think it's cool actually that we have a bit of an update on the classic royal blue jersey (something I wished the fans had the option of buying for the last ten seasons or so). That way we actually still have a classic uniform to go to if needed (no not the navy blue :P).

Edited by IC Khari

45 minutes ago, Y2C said:

Like most, not a fan on the blue shoulders on the road, but I don't have a huge problem with it or anything.

I did think it looked a lot worse initially when all you could see was the upper body and a bit of the gold pants so the shoulders seemed out of place, but then after seeing the head to toe shot the blue socks actually tie it all together decently so it's a bit more acceptable. :)

Like most?  I think there's a lot of fans that love that blue shouldering.  I'm actually wanting to get a white jersey BECAUSE of that blue shouldering.

13 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Just wondering why the pants are so light in colour. Why not a deeper gold to match the helmets & stripes on the jersey.

I wondered that too - they look like the same colour of gold they used for the (thankfully) old uniforms. In the cfl.ca article about the new uniforms they have a photo of Willy and Dressler (I think?) wearing the new uniform and the gold for the pants looks darker (and nicer), matching the helmet. Maybe when they did the press conference they didn't have the new pants and just wore the old ones? Seems odd that they would have the press conference without the proper pants, but hopefully the pants will be a darker gold.

16 minutes ago, bb.king said:

I wondered that too - they look like the same colour of gold they used for the (thankfully) old uniforms. In the cfl.ca article about the new uniforms they have a photo of Willy and Dressler (I think?) wearing the new uniform and the gold for the pants looks darker (and nicer), matching the helmet. Maybe when they did the press conference they didn't have the new pants and just wore the old ones? Seems odd that they would have the press conference without the proper pants, but hopefully the pants will be a darker gold.

Old pants don't have "Adidas" on them though ...

5 hours ago, Logan007 said:

Like most?  I think there's a lot of fans that love that blue shouldering.  I'm actually wanting to get a white jersey BECAUSE of that blue shouldering.

Okay, easy, easy.. :)

Like most in the sense that I'm in the "like, don't love" camp on the road jersey. If you're super gung-ho about the blue shoulders, and I guess many are, then right on.

1 minute ago, Y2C said:

Okay, easy, easy.. :)

Like most in the sense that I'm in the "like, don't love" camp on the road jersey. If you're super gung-ho about the blue shoulders, and I guess many are, then right on.

I think most fans aren't in love with them either as you say but just relieved we got the Royal Blues back so they are willing to overlook the yolk.

17 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Just wondering why the pants are so light in colour. Why not a deeper gold to match the helmets & stripes on the jersey.

The press conference was held in the locker room and they had spotlights on the players.  Hence why the gold looks lighter in these pictures.  The light was casting a slight glare.

45 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

I didn't see any evidence of a large blue stripe on the leg like Harrs wore at the CFL unveiling video. That stripe is very prevalent & stands out. I think they used different pants here in Winnipeg.

You can see it in all of the pictures posted in this thread from the press conference.

45 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

I didn't see any evidence of a large blue stripe on the leg like Harrs wore at the CFL unveiling video. That stripe is very prevalent & stands out. I think they used different pants here in Winnipeg.

But why? The conspiracy grows ... ;)

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

We put on our big boy pants.