Wrestling

Rich

13 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Honestly his goal isn't WWE. His goal is proving he's the best in the world and WWE is about being the most known but not always the best. 

There is more money long term there because you can be there forever and they can market you forever. Kenny isn't a money guy. But goals change as you age. 

If anything I could see WWE seeming like a new challenge to him once he conquers Japan.

Kenny always laid low. People that really knew him and weren't insecure competitors knew he was going to be a star. Think back years. I vividly remember the moment I said whoa this kid has talent. He was 17 working a bar show he wasn't allowed to. Doing moonsaults off railings. 

He was the first person to email me when our booker quit in 2003 to say we can reinvent things. 

But he never really sought attention like some of those other "darlings" did. In fact I was trying to market him years ago and he didn't want it. He's a shy guy if you can believe it.  

Hearing him on the podcast with Callis and Jericho saying there is only one indie he works for in the world and that's is....fills me with pride. He's given back to us more than he ever needed to but he's fiercely loyal to those who believed in him. 

The match is on YouTube for those that havent seen it.  Only the second match of all time to earn 6 stars (out of 5!)  

that really was a great match, had a bit of everything.  Though given everything in that match Okada's rainmaker finisher was a bit lame imo

4 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

that really was a great match, had a bit of everything.  Though given everything in that match Okada's rainmaker finisher was a bit lame imo

The thing to keep in mind is that a lariat is, kayfabe wise, a devastating move in Japan.

The subtle stuff was amazing.  4 Rainmakers to finally do it.  Kenny never hits his finish.  They did a punch/punch spot near the end and Kenny appears to be sobbing between blows.  His facials manipulated that crowd at will.  It was the same thing with his match with Goto at G1, they took the crowd on a rollercoaster.

They need to get rid of the platform the ring sits on or at least make it wider.  Kenny was an inch from disaster on that table spot.  Similar thing ended Rick Rude's career years ago because his back hit the edge of the platform.

Omega as a surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble?  Worked for AJ Styles.

Omega is definitely a bit of a nerd, no question there.  Along the lines of a Xavier Woods (who has used a couple of Omega's more unique moves in the last year).  But that kind of personality works with the current fanbase in WWE.  He would be huge.  WWE is hurting for main event level stars.  There are 4 main event guys on RAW and 3 on Smackdown.  Can't have the same guys fighting each other every week (which is what they've been doing since the split).

Meltzer thinks Kenny could be that special talent WWE doesn't have. I agree. He could connect like Bryan did. He could be huge. Really huge. 

But I still doubt he's going this soon. Although I've been told some clues that might make it seem more possible. 

I'll email him in a couple of days and see if he lets the cat out of the bag! Lol 

10 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The subtle stuff was amazing.  4 Rainmakers to finally do it.  Kenny never hits his finish.  They did a punch/punch spot near the end and Kenny appears to be sobbing between blows.  His facials manipulated that crowd at will.  It was the same thing with his match with Goto at G1, they took the crowd on a rollercoaster.

They need to get rid of the platform the ring sits on or at least make it wider.  Kenny was an inch from disaster on that table spot.  Similar thing ended Rick Rude's career years ago because his back hit the edge of the platform.

That was my favourite moment; where Kenny looked like he had given everything and just didn't know what else he had left. ******* incredible. Watched the entire event at the Handsome Daughter on Wednesday night. Still running over that match in my head. It's surreal to watch something like that without knowing what you're about to see. Especially from a guy who you've been following since he was just starting out. Very interested to see what he has planned from here. I could see him following the Young Bucks around ROH and the North American indies for a few months before setting up a huge rematch with Okada at the New Japan show in California this spring/summer. Win the title there, lose it at Wrestle Kingdom 12, conquer WWE? Makes sense, no?

Either way, pumped for the PCW show tomorrow night. For those of you who maybe don't come out to local wrestling shows, come see this stuff. It's a great time. Plus, it's KORBAMANIA!!! You're pretty much guaranteed to see someone take a birthday cake to the face.

5 hours ago, ediger said:

BOOOOOOOOO! Chad Tatum should've blown his load in your face, @The Unknown Poster!!!

But seriously, great show tonight.

Thank you. I very much appreciate that!

its been awhile since I've been on the show so I was actually a bit nervous. But they crowd was so full of energy, it was easy and fun!  

Thank you for coming! 

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Kinda hard to watch knowing that it basically ended his career but I can't believe NJPW uses the same ring set-up seen here.  The potential for catastrophe seems huge.

Yeah I don't get it. I believe it's the spot around 1:18 that injured Rude. And Kenny came very close to a vey similar landing. 

It's cool they want floor seats to have better sights. But make the raised platform twice as wide so flying spots have no chance of hitting the edge. 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The rumoured list for this years Hall of Fame:

Diamond Dallas Page

Rick Rude

Christian

William Regal

Mike Rotunda (IRS)

Natural Disaster (Earthquake & Typhoon)

Great list!  Seems early for Christian but I guess it's okay, he had a pretty long and decorated career.

The rest are all favourites from my childhood; especially Rick Rude and the Natural Disasters.  I'd say DDP was a favourite from my childhood but truthfully he is still one of my favourites today.  I expect to see him in the Rumble again.

Watched parts of the UK tournament.  Incredible action and environment there. Pete Dunne is perhaps the best heel I've seen since Owen hart. Yeah... Owen Hart. As a heel he made you legit despise him. Dunne is similar.  

Hard to believe that the kid who won... Tyler Bate is 19. Looks 35. Incredible tournament from what I saw.