Wrestling

Rich

15 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What was Enzo doing there? What a waste of a wrestler. He's good on the mic & that appears what is carrying him now. Cass should go it alone. He doesn't need that funny looking little elf.

Cass absolutely needs Enzo.  if they split them up, I'd bet we're still watching Enzo in 5 years...Cass, not so much.  They messed with the formula already but splitting Carmella from the group.  they could turn Cass on Enzo but he needs someone with him (Carmella might fit the bill).  It sucks for them since they are dating and on different shows.

The rumble match had its moments. Did not like ending was really hoping that Jericho would pull out his first rumble then use the next two months to build him and Owens.

NXT takeover was really good the night before. Really like what they are doing with Eric Young.

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Cass absolutely needs Enzo.  if they split them up, I'd bet we're still watching Enzo in 5 years...Cass, not so much.  They messed with the formula already but splitting Carmella from the group.  they could turn Cass on Enzo but he needs someone with him (Carmella might fit the bill).  It sucks for them since they are dating and on different shows.

I don't think Cass absolutely needs Enzo now. Cass isn't as good on the stick as Enzo but Cass isn't that bad either. He's a big physical wrestler & can hold his own in the ring against other wrestlers. Stone Cold says Cass needs to be more mean & aggressive & he's right. He lacks experience & once he gets that he'll be a force. I think Cass needs to do a heel turn & be a loner. I also think the potential for Cass is much higher than it is for Enzo & it has nothing to do with height. Cass may be heavyweight champion in the future while Enzo will still be calling himself a "Certifiable G" as he's limited in what he can do as he's limited physically. So, in 5 years I think I'd rather be watching Cass than Enzo but that's my opinion, I guess.

Did Elsworth ever take a bump from Strowman. So much for trusting a big guy like that not to hurt anyone. That toss out of the ring was bad.

57 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't think Cass absolutely needs Enzo now. Cass isn't as good on the stick as Enzo but Cass isn't that bad either. He's a big physical wrestler & can hold his own in the ring against other wrestlers. Stone Cold says Cass needs to be more mean & aggressive & he's right. He lacks experience & once he gets that he'll be a force. I think Cass needs to do a heel turn & be a loner. I also think the potential for Cass is much higher than it is for Enzo & it has nothing to do with height. Cass may be heavyweight champion in the future while Enzo will still be calling himself a "Certifiable G" as he's limited in what he can do as he's limited physically. So, in 5 years I think I'd rather be watching Cass than Enzo but that's my opinion, I guess.

Did Elsworth ever take a bump from Strowman. So much for trusting a big guy like that not to hurt anyone. That toss out of the ring was bad.

Its not about what you'd prefer in 5 years, its about whats more likely.  Enzo could be a career WWE'er because of his talking abilities.  His KFC commercial was great.  He can act.  His charisma is off the charts.  I like Cass but Austin is absolutely correct.  Cass works light.  And his promos are brutal.  Sounds like hes reading from a teleprompter in his mind.

Put him with Carmella.  But you know what, dont split them up.  Nothing wrong with friends being friends.  They will try to push Cass at some point and he will benefit from having Enzo with him.  But it is WWE's way to have Cass turn on Enzo.  Three months later, Enzo will still be wrestling and Cass will be back in developmental.  Probably not.  But hopefully they dont mistake Enzo's talent for Cass's.

The Ellsworth bump was rough.  I think it was supposed to be rough but not that bad.  He was supposed to land on his feet a little more but they clipped the top rope on the way over.  That would be my assumption.  One of the announcers said "Ellsworth is going to need a hip replacement!!!"  Ummm... yup.

so Orton wins the rumble meaning he gets a shot at the title at WM. I honestly would think he would face Wyatt at WM so i guess we will see if Cena drops the title to Bray at some point in the near future.  If there's a PPV with Wyatt and Cena before WM then it should be a no brainer, easy enough story to write up to,  Orton plays the puppet until WM then beats him

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

23 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

so Orton wins the rumble meaning he gets a shot at the title at WM. I honestly would think he would face Wyatt at WM so i guess we will see if Cena drops the title to Bray at some point in the near future.  If there's a PPV with Wyatt and Cena before WM then it should be a no brainer, easy enough story to write up to,  Orton plays the puppet until WM then beats him

Elimination chamber is the next SD PPV so odds are Bray would be in that match 

On 26/01/2017 at 2:10 PM, Atomic said:

Bayley is the worst, I don't get why she is in the title picture.  Bad on the mic and a worse wrestler.

I'm buying what your selling,  she's awful to watch on tv

edit: I guess after the attitude era I just can't stand such bubble gum and lollipop characters, I'd rather see wrestlers (male and female) with a bit more edge 

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I'm buying what your selling,  she's awful to watch on tv

edit: I guess after the attitude era I just can't stand such bubble gum and lollipop characters, I'd rather see wrestlers (male and female) with a bit more edge 

She's insanely over tho. Kids love her. Wwe targets kids. 

Samoa Joe debut on raw tho wooping Seth Rollins for hhh 

I'll take back my criticism of Cass. He was better tonight. He seems to have a natural charisma but it's beneath many layers of scripted garbage. 

Finally Joe debuts. Not a great ring outfit for the debut lol. But he has "it". Makes sense Hunter would call upon his NXT "kids" for support

But why not just fire Seth?  

God can HHH cut a promo.

It's weird. Going into the final segment, I didn't once think Joe was going to come out. Then as Triple H started talking, the thought came to mind. Then when Seth came out on stage and they kept cutting to that camera angle that they seem to always use when someone runs from backstage to attack a guy on the ramp, I was so sure Joe was going to come out. Then Seth gets down to the ring and just as I was getting disappointed, boom.

Really good segment to end the show. HHH is one of the best on the stick, he really knows how to get fans invested in his angles. Samoa Joe vs. Tyler Black at WrestleMania. I like it.

Its good to an extent.  But so far the psychology is wrong.  Which is not unusual with Steph & Hunter.

Seth is only a babyface because the heels turned on him.  He whined about it for months, really doing nothing.  He invades NXT where Hunter is the most popular personality.  He then confronts the man's wife, making a sexual joke, implying she wants him (reducing this powerful female executive to her base role as a sexual object) and threatens to go to her house and confront her young daughters.  They both then trade horribly scripted lines.

Steph, the heel, then gets the biggest pop of the segment by announcing Hunter was on his way in a "conquering hero" sort of manner.

Hunter shows up and correctly explains Seth is a whiner and a loser and dares him to come down and get him face to face.  He is then attacked by the NXT darling Joe making his long-awaited and exciting main roster debut.

Im not sure they have done it better if they were trying to do a double turn.

I actually liked the Steph/Rollins verbal exchange earlier in the show. seemed somewhat natural vs trying to force a script.  I liked Joe coming out, had an old school feel to it like what raw used to be with ending on a unforeseen note. Too often show always ends with predictability and part of the allure of raw back in the day was ending the show off on those high notes that makes you want to tune in next week to see the consequences

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I actually liked the Steph/Rollins verbal exchange earlier in the show. seemed somewhat natural vs trying to force a script.  I liked Joe coming out, had an old school feel to it like what raw used to be with ending on a unforeseen note. Too often show always ends with predictability and part of the allure of raw back in the day was ending the show off on those high notes that makes you want to tune in next week to see the consequences

"You are the architect of your own demise"

"I will slay the King"

Terrible lines.  Anything with Steph and Hunter will get to push the envelope because its them.  Working with the McMahons is a double edges sword because you are likely to be undercut but your angle will get plenty of screen time.  Like the rumour of AJ vs Shane at WM.  Im sure AJ would rather work a dozen other guys, but if he does work Shane, he's guaranteed a great spot, lots of time, a big push and a big paycheque.

9 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I'll take back my criticism of Cass. He was better tonight. He seems to have a natural charisma but it's beneath many layers of scripted garbage. 

Finally Joe debuts. Not a great ring outfit for the debut lol. But he has "it". Makes sense Hunter would call upon his NXT "kids" for support

But why not just fire Seth?  

They seem to like the "casual clothes" for the surprise debut.  Gallows and Anderson looked about the same when they first appeared and others have as well.  I think it goes back to the original appearance of Hall and Nash in WCW... seems more "real" when they are in street clothes?  I don't know.