Wrestling

Rich

5 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Bayley is the worst, I don't get why she is in the title picture.  Bad on the mic and a worse wrestler.

They've done a terrible job with her on RAW.  In NXT she was tremendous.  She's actually a very good worker.  But her gimmick has to be cultivated and presented properly, not just 'oh here's a new chick wrestler'.  WWE too often over thinks it combined with their weird insistence that they cool everyone off after they debut hot.

21 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

They've done a terrible job with her on RAW.  In NXT she was tremendous.  She's actually a very good worker.  But her gimmick has to be cultivated and presented properly, not just 'oh here's a new chick wrestler'.  WWE too often over thinks it combined with their weird insistence that they cool everyone off after they debut hot.

Have you seen that move she does where she lies on top of the opponent and spins around in circles?  WTF!

34 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Apparently he said it to Meltzer but part of me thinks he's working him 

He wouldn't do that.  Big big no no. 

Plus it exactly jives with what he told me two weeks ago. 

Keep in mind at last report he didn't have a US visa. And not even wwe can get one in three days. Plus they would not let him work Chili on Saturday if they needed him for the rumble on Sunday. 

Id believe him on this one 

19 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He wouldn't do that.  Big big no no. 

Plus it exactly jives with what he told me two weeks ago. 

Keep in mind at last report he didn't have a US visa. And not even wwe can get one in three days. Plus they would not let him work Chili on Saturday if they needed him for the rumble on Sunday. 

Id believe him on this one 

What's the big no-no?  Lying to Meltzer?  Or lying about contract status in general?

32 minutes ago, Atomic said:

What's the big no-no?  Lying to Meltzer?  Or lying about contract status in general?

It would serve no useful purpose to lie to Meltzer.  It would be like any sports athlete lying to a respected & connected journalist in their field.  But in wrestling it's magnified because there are so few and Meltzer is the king.  I mean, he could lie and its not going to cost him bookings or anything.  But writers control the message they write.  Screwing them for no reason is never a good idea.  Not that Dave is vengeful, it would just be disrespectful and unprofessional.  And it's not Kenny's way.

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME

But seriously, I think Joe is going to win the Rumble.

Joe was a first rate ******* to me but I think he's doing his best work in years lately and I'd be thrilled if he won.  There is generally a saying though, you can only have one fat guy on top at a time.  I'd worry Vince looks at Joe, looks at Owens and says naaahhhh

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Joe was a first rate ******* to me but I think he's doing his best work in years lately and I'd be thrilled if he won.  There is generally a saying though, you can only have one fat guy on top at a time.  I'd worry Vince looks at Joe, looks at Owens and says naaahhhh

It's pretty much a lock that he's going to be in the Rumble and I just don't see how you do much in the way of selling him as the monster they want him to be unless he either wins it or gets eliminated in an abnormal way to set up his debut angle.

23 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I don't get the Samoa Joe love, personally.  He's just a fat guy.  What's the appeal?

I can understand Kevin Owens because he does cool moves.  what does Samoa Joe have?  The worst looking jabs in the industry?

He makes good mad faces.

29 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I don't get the Samoa Joe love, personally.  He's just a fat guy.  What's the appeal?

I can understand Kevin Owens because he does cool moves.  what does Samoa Joe have?  The worst looking jabs in the industry?

He has the "it" factor.  That can be subjective I guess.  Going back a few years he was unique in that he worked that stiff athletic style but was also gigantic.  He gained weight in TNA and slowed down, had a chip on his shoulder etc.  But going to WWE revitalized him.  To me, he's a solid worker.  Has a unique look.  While he's fat, he looks like a bad ass.  That guy walks into the bar and picks a fight with you, you're probably capitulating pretty quickly.  He has star appeal.  And I think he's the only guy in WWE aside from Brock that has an aura of realism to him in the sense he's a bad ass.

Like Brock comes out and everyone perks up and thinks wow this guys kicking someone's ass.  Even thought we all know its a work.  I think Joe has that too.

Regarding the Rumble, there is some speculation he will appear to interject in another match, but not the Rumble.  But I would suspect Mike is right.  It would be tough call to say Vince would let him win.  But Joe coming in and just tossing guys left and right and beating people up and winning?  Sounds good to me.

Plus he has the best music in the business. 

Overall I'd give it 8 out of 10. 

Bayley vs Charlotte was good with an interesting clean ending. 

Reigns vs Owen was very good and happy Owens won. 

Neville vs Swann was good. Neutered but good. 

Cena vs Styles was incredible 

The rumble was a letdown tho. Dillinger at 10 was nice. But reigns at 30 eliminating undertaker... almost completely ruined the entire show. Orton winning is dumb but probably means Wyatt wins at EC. Buy reigns at 30... that right there is what you call ruining reigns for good. 

No Balor Joe Nak or any real surprises was very disappointing 

Edited by Goalie

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

Overall I'd give it 8 out of 10. 

Bayley vs Charlotte was good with an interesting clean ending. 

Reigns vs Owen was very good and happy Owens won. 

Neville vs Swann was good. Neutered but good. 

Cena vs Styles was incredible 

The rumble was a letdown tho. Dillinger at 10 was nice. But reigns at 30 eliminating undertaker... almost completely ruined the entire show. Orton winning is dumb but probably means Wyatt wins at EC. Buy reigns at 30... that right there is what you call ruining reigns for good. 

No Balor Joe Nak or any real surprises was very disappointing 

I cant give it an 8.  The Rumble match makes or breaks the whole show.  6 at best and thats because the undercard was good and the Rumble, though uninspired, was well booked for what it was.

The Rumble is special for two reasons - surprises & elevating someone.  They did the opposite.  The fact they are STILL trying to get Roman over is almost a running joke now.  He must be turning heel because the visual of him being boo'ed out of the building at WM cant be what they want if the plan is for Undertaker to "endorse" Roman.

The rumoured WM match was Orton vs Bray which is incredibly dull.  So Cena ties Ric Flair's (fake) record and loses it next month?  Whats the point.  Orton vs Bray...pffft.  I guess Owens loses to Goldberg at Fastlane (or loses to Brock but Goldberg probably makes more sense).

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Man oh man did the ending to the Rumble ever bum me out.

Vince has to just be messing with the fans now. Reigns is such a major buzzkill.

Gets worse.  The rumoured WM matches are: Brock vs Goldberg, Roman vs Undertaker, Cena & Nikki vs Maryse & Miz (???), Bray vs Orton.

I have a feeling they might finally do the Roman heel turn. 

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Gets worse.  The rumoured WM matches are: Brock vs Goldberg, Roman vs Undertaker, Cena & Nikki vs Maryse & Miz (???), Bray vs Orton.

I have a feeling they might finally do the Roman heel turn. 

Yeah, seems like a solid card. :rolleyes:

It's really a shame that I look forward more to the RAW after WrestleMania than I do to WrestleMania itself these days. So tired of all these part time guys making the full timers play second fiddle on the biggest show of the year after they carry the company for the rest of the year.

So stale.