Wrestling

Rich

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Interesting. Did that occur in 1983?

No. just this past month. 

There was essentially a cover up back in 83. Snuka admitted to several people at the time that he caused the injury that killed Nancy. But at the police station he played the wild Samoan character that didn't understand English. 

Vince McMahon showed up with an attaché case and spoke with police. And the police closed the case. There was a lot of speculation that Vince would not want a trial now because of his involvement coming to light. 

The coroner wanted it investigated as a homocide and identified "mate abuse" injuries on her body. It was commonly known Snuka beat her. 

But he was a big celebrity. And Vince was a great sales man. 

The story came back to light in recent years due to some in depth articles written about it. It resulted in the DA filing charges and intending to take it to trial. Snuka begged off claiming he was sick and suffering dementia. Most people didn't believe it because he was still accepting bookings. 

Trial was delayed pending evaluations and finally just recently due to his failing health the judge threw it out. 

Should also be noted, much like Oj, Snuka lost a civil trial where he was deemed responsible for Nancy's death and was given a $500,000 judgement. He never paid a dime and claimed poverty the rest of his years even while making appearances for WWE. 

And WWE is getting roasted in some circles for that sappy tribute video.  Did you guys see the fan reaction when they came back live?  A mix of boos & stunned silence with a spattering of light applause.  Boy...if there was a better example of the bubble the McMahon family live in, I dont know what it is.

In other news, they will be inducting OJ Simpson into the Hall of Fame since he was never found guilty.

Smackdown was great last night!  Loved the Nikki Bella vs Nattie segment.  Seeing The Miz get involved in the WWE championship picture is... awesooooome!  Last but not least it looks like Randy Orton is ready to consummate his plan to destroy the Wyatt Family from the inside.  I expect fireworks at the Royal Rumble between the Wyatt Family.

Speaking of the Rumble, it's been awhile since we've seen such a star-studded lineup.  18 entrants confirmed so far and they're all legit stars.  Who will win?  I honestly have no clue!

13 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Smackdown was great last night!  Loved the Nikki Bella vs Nattie segment.  Seeing The Miz get involved in the WWE championship picture is... awesooooome!  Last but not least it looks like Randy Orton is ready to consummate his plan to destroy the Wyatt Family from the inside.  I expect fireworks at the Royal Rumble between the Wyatt Family.

Speaking of the Rumble, it's been awhile since we've seen such a star-studded lineup.  18 entrants confirmed so far and they're all legit stars.  Who will win?  I honestly have no clue!

Yeah good Rumble finally without an obvious winner.  Ill go off the board and predict Angle!  My on the board pick is Goldberg.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah good Rumble finally without an obvious winner.  Ill go off the board and predict Angle!  My on the board pick is Goldberg.

I may have predicted Angle before they announced him for the Hall of Fame but now I don't think he will be wrestling in WWE again.  Seems like the HoF induction is generally the end of the road.  Correct me if I'm wrong on that but I can't recall anyone wrestling post-induction.  Ric Flair maybe?

My prediction for Rumble winner is the Undertaker because I don't think his body can take being tossed over the ropes!

24 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I may have predicted Angle before they announced him for the Hall of Fame but now I don't think he will be wrestling in WWE again.  Seems like the HoF induction is generally the end of the road.  Correct me if I'm wrong on that but I can't recall anyone wrestling post-induction.  Ric Flair maybe?

My prediction for Rumble winner is the Undertaker because I don't think his body can take being tossed over the ropes!

Flair was inducted the same year he had his retirement match at WM.  I could see a similar angle for Angle.  He's only 48.  Goldberg is 50 and WWE is content to use him.  If Angle can pass a physical, and he's been taking it easy the last year, I see no reason not to use him.  He's been gone so long that there are tons of fresh matches and he's a huge star.

Id love to see him win the Rumble as a surprise and challenge Styles for the World Championship in a "one last shot" story.  If its me, he wins.  But you never know with WWE.  Styles vs Angle would be tremendous.

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Rumor has it that Vince changed his mind recently

Shocking!!  :lol:

Could definitely see Strowman winning it... I like how they've built him up since the brand split.

Angle appearing would be awesome, winning the Rumble would be unbelievable.

It was supposed to be Cena vs Undertaker.  I think Undertaker staying another year and them doing WM in New Orleans next year (where the streak was broken) might have led Vince to hold off on the "dream match" for a year and maybe spend more time over the year building to it.

There were rumours of Taker vs Styles at WM too.

6 hours ago, Atomic said:

Woah I totally disagree.  I think Bray Wyatt is one of the best characters in WWE right now and I know I'm not alone in that.

Loses more than he wins at PPV, talks in riddles... Nope, it was a great gimmick when it started. Now not so much...

Edited by SpeedFlex27

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Loses more than he wins at PPV, talks in riddles... Nope, it was a great gimmick when it started. Now not so much...

Disagree.  He has one of the strongest pure "characters" in the WWE.  Almost everyone else is "just a wrestler".  Very few guys can maintain a real character like Bray, or like Rusev as the Bulgarian Brute.  His character is so strong that he doesn't need any titles to be relevant.  Even when they put the tag titles on him, it was like it didn't even matter to him.  That's why he's so great.

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

When I spoke to him about two weeks ago, I'd say 60-40 against.  Word on the street is its more like 90-10 against.  I think it will depend on whether New Japan is smart...or dumb.  lol

I thought I saw that he is under contract to NJPW for another year.

EDIT:

• Still no word on his future plans, but here’s a rumor killer on Kenny Omega. While there was never much chance he’d be in San Antonio seeing as his New Japan contract is in force through Jan. 31, Omega is scheduled for an appearance in Chile during Royal Rumble weekend, making it almost logistically impossible for him to be there.
Edited by Atomic
read some news