Random News Items

Rich

4 hours ago, tacklewasher said:

All parts of Southern BC are getting hard hit with flooding this year. We had ~200% snowpack and a decent heat wave.

worst flooding in two hundred years. (worse than '48 in Grand Forks B.C.)

We should all  get used to hearing  "worst" ...   fire, flood, windstorm, snowstorm, icestorm, drought etc. 

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So now mob justice against senior citizens is acceptable...?  Sorry but while the caption on the tweet may be misleading and the actual events leading to the beating are in question (for some reason your "snopes" accepts one side of this he-said-she-said without question... hmmm), the result is quite clear.  There are some areas of Europe where vigilante mob justice is the norm and the local police stay away.

Tell me... does it seem believable that this man was asked to put away his drink and then his son attacked the wait staff?  I mean.. really?  And even if that is accurate, it doesn't excuse mob justice being handed down.

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

Alcohol...? Usually pairs lousily with poor judgement. As the old adage goes: play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

And that ProActive Patriots Twitter account... Oh, boy. Lots of fear mongering and tinfoil on that feed.

Last time I was in Vegas, one of my buddies posted a tweet, something about how the hookers we met wanted too much money because he loved his wife.  One of the other guys we were with caught it and suggested he delete it before the wife saw it.  He realised he should think twice before posting while we were there and to let the others know if we posted stupid.  Have to know when your judgement is impaired.  Doubly important for a public person like this.  Very unfortunate.

Remember when I used to get temp banned for posting nonsense like Atomic and Unknown Poster are doing above....  

N-e-ways I will post something that is positive below:

Let me know if that video link works or not... it's from Winnipeg!  

15 hours ago, Atomic said:

Absolute insanity!

https://barrie.ctvnews.ca/mobile/opp-probe-threatening-letter-that-claims-destruction-of-muskoka-beaches-1.3926223

Tl;dr:  Islamic group threatens to destroy beaches in Northern Ontario to protest women wearing bikinis.

The crazy people in any religion or issue do a disservice to the chill folks.  Like come on, remember where you are...

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

I remember many people not liking Burton's rendition of the national anthems back when he'd do them for the Jets 1.0.  I always liked them though.