Random News Items

Rich

11 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think the small and mid-size SUV market will be fine.  They are pretty good on gas and people want the extra room and options.  Trucks appeal to truck people and I dont think too many truck people will suddenly switch to a prius because of gas.

I replaced my V8 Grand Cherokee with a Cherokee Trailhawk, one of the reasons for the decrease in size being gas.  But I wouldnt go any smaller.

Are you the goof with the vanity license plate that says Trailhawk? 

Meh I don't really care about videos like that because we don't have the video showing what happened before.   Who the hell knows what those two guys said before filming.    In the heat of the moment people will say anything... many a times I've seen angry people wishing someone else to die and deep down they don't truly mean it.  

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Meh I don't really care about videos like that because we don't have the video showing what happened before.   Who the hell knows what those two guys said before filming.    In the heat of the moment people will say anything... many a times I've seen angry people wishing someone else to die and deep down they don't truly mean it.  

There is such a thing as something simply being wrong. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

What might they have said that made her reaction appropriate? 

For the record the woman’s own account is that she heard them speaking in their language and turned to look at them and one guy was looking back and she asked him if he had a problem. By her own account they said absolutely nothing to her. 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

11 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

What might they have said that made her reaction appropriate? 

For the record the woman’s own account is that she heard them speaking in their language and turned to look at them and one guy was looking back and she asked him if he had a problem. By her own account they said absolutely nothing to her. 

I don't trust videos like this because I've seen more then enough other clips where in one video it portrays someone as a victim... then later on an extended video from someone else shows how the original "victim" was antagonizing and being complete a-holes provoking someone else to lash out.    

For this particular video I don't know or really care about... in general though I don't trust anything unless you view the complete scene.    

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I don't trust videos like this because I've seen more then enough other clips where in one video it portrays someone as a victim... then later on an extended video from someone else shows how the original "victim" was antagonizing and being complete a-holes provoking someone else to lash out.    

For this particular video I don't know or really care about... in general though I don't trust anything unless you view the complete scene.    

It’s fair to want more information. However diminishing the words and actions of the woman by questioning what the victims might have done to provoke her isn’t right. What might they have done to make her actions appropriate?  

In this particular case, we can figure out more of the story. Her words and actions don’t refer to anything specific. There is no “how dare you say/do that”. She’s attacking them for no apparent reason. 

Does that mean they did nothing? No. But other witnesses and her own statements tell us they did nothing wrong. In this case you can trust the video because it’s supported by other evidence. 

And ultimately nothing they could have done makes her actions acceptable  

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Videos such as this is why I don't believe anything unless the full story is shown uncut on camera:

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=alm7H_1525753426

I found it more amusing to watch the bodycam footage first followed by the lady falsely crying racism and being targeted

That video is a great example of why police should always have body cams and that officer was very professional and courteous 

i dont see how it has any relevance to the previous video we were discussing though since the accusation of racism was caught on camera. The point peolle have made is, what could the guys have done that would make her racist tirade appropriate?  

23 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That video is a great example of why police should always have body cams and that officer was very professional and courteous 

i dont see how it has any relevance to the previous video we were discussing though since the accusation of racism was caught on camera. The point peolle have made is, what could the guys have done that would make her racist tirade appropriate?  

The point was that if only one video is present it doesn't show the full story.    So many videos like the lady getting mad at the restaurant only show one aspect of the complete situation.    I reserve judgement only until I see the complete story of what has gone on.   Far to many videos on the net of people crying victim only for them to edit out or only show a small part of the full picture.    

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The point was that if only one video is present it doesn't show the full story.    So many videos like the lady getting mad at the restaurant only show one aspect of the complete situation.    I reserve judgement only until I see the complete story of what has gone on.   Far to many videos on the net of people crying victim only for them to edit out or only show a small part of the full picture.    

You reserve judgement about a racist tirade?  Again, what could the men have done that would cause you to say “I agree with her”?  

24 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You reserve judgement about a racist tirade?  Again, what could the men have done that would cause you to say “I agree with her”?  

As I said before sometimes in the heat of the moment people will say stuff that they don't mean.  Have you never heard anyone get so mad that they threaten to kill someone else?  

31 minutes ago, Brandon said:

As TUP said, there are witnesses at the restaurant who back up what the men have said. 

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

As I said before sometimes in the heat of the moment people will say stuff that they don't mean.  Have you never heard anyone get so mad that they threaten to kill someone else?  

I’m greatly perplexed why you can’t simply condemn her vile remarks. Why go to such lengths to defend them?

they are indefensible. 

Especially now that we do know the entire story though her remarks should be universally condemned regardless. 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I’m greatly perplexed why you can’t simply condemn her vile remarks. Why go to such lengths to defend them?

they are indefensible. 

Especially now that we do know the entire story though her remarks should be universally condemned regardless. 

At what point am I defending her,  I said that I don't like videos like these because they do not paint the full picture all of the time.    

I even pointed out that I did not care about this particular incident.  

19 hours ago, Brandon said:

At what point am I defending her,  I said that I don't like videos like these because they do not paint the full picture all of the time.    

I even pointed out that I did not care about this particular incident.  

You defended it by saying we can’t make judgements without seeing what the guys did first.  My point ( as others) was it doesn’t matter what they did. And we know they did nothing. 

It’s a free country. You don’t have to condemn her words if you don’t feel it’s warranted.