Random News Items

Rich

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trump-steel-deadline-1.4685242

Canada is looking for a "sweet spot" when it comes to retaliating against the U.S. decision to slap punishing tariffs on steel and aluminum imports, according to a senior government source.

Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross announced Thursday the U.S. is following through with its threat to impose tariffs of 25 per cent on imported steel and 10 per cent on imported aluminum, citing national security interests.

U.S. President Donald Trump had granted exemptions to his North American Free Trade Agreement allies and the European Union, but those all were set to expire June 1.

What an absolute mess.

Really interesting article here.  Not sure where to post it, as it touches on Trump and US politics, racism, twitter trolls and even the WWE.  But its totally worth the read.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/anti-muslim-twitter-troll-amy-mek-mekelburg_us_5b0d9e40e4b0802d69cf0264

I came across it because the racist twitter troll that is the subject of the article, her husband was a senior VP with WWE.  Allegedly, WWE knew about his wife's racist posts and told him to remain disconnected from it.  But it came out, WWE denied they knew and fired him.

Anyway, good read!

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎29 at 12:47 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

And a favourite of mine:

Yeah, remember May of 80. It was a hot one. One month I'll never forget. I developed appendicitis early that month at work & had to have an appendectomy. I was off work for 3 weeks that month enjoying the sun & warm temps in my backyard with pay... on a medical leave because of it.  I had a nice little holiday.

Edited by SpeedFlex27