Random News Items

Rich

Yes behind paywall but holy fudge!

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/air-canada-passengers-interviewed-on-plane-were-unlawfully-detained-criminal-lawyer-says-486751971.html

In a nutshell flight attendant finds their passport missing and when arriving in Winnipeg AirCan calls the RCMP and then the fun begins as everyones gets interviewed and id photographed.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

9 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Yes behind paywall but holy fudge!

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/air-canada-passengers-interviewed-on-plane-were-unlawfully-detained-criminal-lawyer-says-486751971.html

In a nutshell flight attendant finds their passport missing and when arriving in Winnipeg AirCan calls the RCMP and then the fun begins as everyones gets interviewed and id photographed.

I saw this and thought it was terrible. The problem is, do you want to be the one who “declines” to talk? It’s all well and good to know you’re rights but you can be messed with too....

i hope the passengers see a lawyer and get some compensation from Air Canada. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

When cops are making $200,000+ there is an obvious problem with the service. They need to get their house in order. 

It would be nice to find out what other bureaucrat, police fire and paramedics make in other cities of comparable sized cities, I could be wrong but it seems that these want big city(Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary) compensation living in Winnipeg.

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

It would be nice to find out what other bureaucrat, police fire and paramedics make in other cities of comparable sized cities, I could be wrong but it seems that these want big city(Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary) compensation living in Winnipeg.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/editorials/canadas-police-among-the-best-paid-in-the-world/article535381/

RCMP are $56,000 to $83,000 after three years or something like that. 

No begrudging cops a good wage but if I doubled (or more) my salary due to OT, my boss would can my ass (it would never be allowed). 

If cops work that much OT there is something wrong and it’s not lack of cops (WPG among the highest per capital). 

Winnipeg police get an obscene amount of OT for events but mostly blame the justice system with the sheer amount of baby sitting the Winnipeg police have to do on so many lower end criminals.  

RCMP salary jumps rapidly because it's near impossible to recruit anyone anymore at that salary with the massive amount of sacrifices the officers have to make with moving every 2- 3 years and working in the middle of nowhere.   The OT they accrue is because of the massive shortage of staff they have.  

A 26 year old man, 28 year old woman and three kids, ages 6, 4 and 2 from the same immediate family near the Rosetown area were killed immediately after the SUV they were in was hit head-on by another SUV carrying a 71 year old Swift Current woman.

The accident happened around 4:30 on Highway 4.

Names of the dead will not be made public by the Mounties.

The cause of the crash remains under investigation.

Elrose is about 115 kilometers north of Swift Current.

ckrm radio.

Edited by Mark F