Jets vs Oilers Heritage Classic

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Yes, fine, but that's not the point.  Imagine what Hawerchuk would have had for points if he was feeding and being fed by Kurri, Messier, Anderson, Coffey, Tikkanen, etc, instead of Mark Kumpel, Phil Sykes and Tim Trimper.  Kind of like wondering what Milt's numbers would look like if he had had a chance to play with Anthony Calvillo.

He had Mullen after 81-82. Hopkins only there 1 season.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

• 3 months later...

Prices have been announced.  There is a seating chart with the prices at the link, ranging from $185-$669.  My buddy has Loge and was offered to buy them and he was probably not going to due to the cost.  They were very expensive.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Peter-Tessier/Winnipeg-Heritage-Classic-Game-Prices-Announced/161/77478

Edited by The Unknown Poster

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, JCon said:

Thankfully, the NHL maintained the rights to the Jets 1.0 logos and colours, so I don't believe they ever transferred to the desert.

Nope.  The NHL maintains rights to their defunct franchises.  In the case of the Jets, I believe they transferred the trademarks to True North at no cost.  I recall Bettman said the name and logo were TN's if they wanted them back at the presser announcing the sale (the same presser where David Thomson was asked about the name and said "Jets is a fine name".

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Nope.  The NHL maintains rights to their defunct franchises.  In the case of the Jets, I believe they transferred the trademarks to True North at no cost.  I recall Bettman said the name and logo were TN's if they wanted them back at the presser announcing the sale (the same presser where David Thomson was asked about the name and said "Jets is a fine name".

Correct. I meant originally, when the franchise left, the trademarks didn't move to Phoenix, so they never belonged to them.

They remain 'untarnished'.

Just now, Atomic said:

I was only joking.  Lots of people on Twitter playing that game though.  "Why are the Jets celebrating the Coyotes' past?  Shouldn't it be a Thrashers jersey?"

I know, I know... just like to remind everyone that these are clean jerseys, not tainted by the desert stink.