Jets vs Oilers Heritage Classic

Steve why is the NHL insensitive? Insensitive to wanting to take a baby to a hockey game?  You said it's not about breastfeeding. So how is it insensitive on the part of the NHL?  Should he NHL provide child care at the games too?

im almost always on the side of parents and certainly with respect to breastfeeding. This isn't that. 

The nhl should allow babies for free. I agree. And they did. Parents still whining. Me me me. Look at me me me. I question their judgement in taking a baby to an outdoor hockey game as much as I question the NHL judgement on not just letting the baby in in the first place. 

Dont need to be tactful. You're barking up the wrong tree. 

4 hours ago, StevetheClub said:

As for those who say it is a child protection issue, the kid could wear protective gear, like many do of that age at events like this. There's no reason for CFS to be called.

5 hours ago, Rich said:

Maybe someone should lodge a complaint with Child and Protective Services about them being neglectful parents in wanting to bring a 6 month year old child to a stadium where Winnipeg sports fans are apparently very apt to ridicule and pour beer on their child.   

And yes, I think that complaint would be just as ridiculous as calling this a human rights violation. 

This is what I posted.  No one suggested this is a CFS issue, nor do I think they should be called.  What I said was bringing this to CFS would be just as ridiculous as lodging a human rights complaint on this.

That is really what I have a problem with because this wastes time and resources of the human rights commission and diverts them from dealing with real problems.

Those two goofballs are embarrassing themselves IMO.    Maybe when I was in my 20's I would feel for them... but after having 2 kids I look at these morons and simply see two selfish parents who are irresponsible.   Get a friggin baby sitter... no good can come from a kid going to a super loud and possibly "dangerous" sporting event.      

If you can shell out big dollars for a hockey ticket you can afford to pay for a baby sitter.      

I have a almost 2 year old. Would I take her to a game? Probably not yet. Why? Because she wouldn't sit still lol for 3 hours. Would I take her to a hockey game outside? Oh heck no. Moose game might happen this year to test it out but... I wouldn't take her to a game outside in October 

I have 2 grown children now that are 25 & 29 years of age. I had Bomber season tickets when my oldest son was born but he never went to a Bomber game as we felt he was too young to go. My wife & I didn't bring him as a 6 month old or later as a toddler. We didn't want him bothering other Bombers fans around him. There's nothing worse than a bored 3 year old who doesn't want to be there. So we paid for a babysitter to take care of him when we went to the Bomber game. 

We moved to Calgary in 1990 which was the same year my youngest was born here. Again, I never took him or his older brother to a Stamps game until he was 7 years old & his brother 11 & they loved it. After that, with 2 Stamps season tickets my wife would stay home & I'd take one of my sons to the game a couple of times a year each.

I never would have brought my 6 month old to a game. When we were young parents,I just remeber that it was better for our kids to be at home at that age. Also, never would have wanted any of our kids should ever have been admitted for free if they were babies as they'd never have been at any games.. It never would have occurred for us to even ask for a free ticket. My feeling is keep your babies & toddlers at home until they're old enough to sit in their seats patiently without bothering others before you bring them to a game.

That's just me as my kids were toddlers in the late 80's & early 90's. It would have bothered me if I had brought them to a game & they would have made themselves a nuisance spoiling other peoples experience by refusing to sit still, screaming & crying  around them for 3 hours. That's how we used to be as parents. My kids had to behave in public. They learned it at an early age but a football game for 3 hours would have hard for them so we never brought them to events like that at that age. And they'd get a swat on the bum for good measure if they didn't.

Edited by iso_55