Jets vs Oilers Heritage Classic

I'd pay the money to watch it there if i could but i'm not a season ticket holder so its very unlikely i can get tickets.

Keep in mind, the capacity is just gonna be 33500, it's not 40,000 plus or 50,000 plus like in edmonton or calgary. That plays a role in who gets dibs. 

Lets just add this, This game isn't a special event, it's a regular season game being played outdoors, Ok it is a special event because it's being played outside but it's part of the regular season schedule, so 1 of the 40 something home games the Jets play will be played at IGF...

It's game like 15 of the season, Why don't bomber ticket holders get dibs? Because, it's a regular season game... the 14000 or so Jets ticket holders get dibs because if this game wasn't happening outside, it would be played at MTS Centre. 

Edited by Goalie

I believe that's how it works for concerts True north runs concerts there and Bombers end up with rent. 

I don't mind Bombers sth not getting dibs. It makes sense really. Whats IGF going to hold for this?  35,000?

13,000 jets STH. All the sponsors and hold backs. Sell some to the general public. If you opened it up to Bombers STH you might not have enough.  Perhaps the choice was to offer to Bombers or Jets wait list members and since it's a Jets event it makes sense. 

If IGF held 50,000 cuz there is gonna be no temp seating here at all, Perhaps bomber ticket holders get dibs

But when you think about it... 14000 season ticket holders, probably just as many for sponsors and hold backs... thats 28000 and i'm being somewhat conservative here in my guesses, 5500 left to sell. How do you decide which bomber ticket holders get dibs? when the bombers probably gonna have over 20,000 plus season ticket holders? 

There will be some tickets left over for people on the wait list for sure... how much? who knows, but i doubt it's that much even. Maybe 2000 tix to be distributed to wait list members and that's fair cuz this is a jets regular season home game. It's just being played outside.

And reality, outside of the rent the bombers are getting, they don't have anything to do with it at all. 

Edited by Goalie

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Nope. Bombers will just get the rent from the NHL renting the stadium out. That's it. Why do you think bombers will get anything else? This is an NHL event. It's got nothing to do with the Bombers at all, it's just happening in the stadium they play in. 

The wild played Chicago at the University of Minnesota, you think the Golden Gophers got any money out of it besides the rent the NHL paid them? NOPE. 

Well they might rent the stadium but the suites can not be rented out, they essentially private suites. So they might charge them.

19 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well they might rent the stadium but the suites can not be rented out, they essentially private suites. So they might charge them.

Who do you think owns these private suites tho? You think the Average Joe does? Nah man, they are mostly owned by corporate folks. Probably the same corporate folks who own suites at the MTS centre. 

It's a one time special event. I'd think of it like a Grey Cup or a Super Bowl or going to see a game in the World Series (baseball sucks tho) but... It's not like this thing will happen every year. It's like a rock concert type of thing, think of your favorite band ever, if they were playing IGF, tix wouldn't be cheap? Would you go? I would. 

Keep in mind that 400 bucks let's just say gets you tix to the alumni game and the heritage classic. It's a package deal type of thing. 

I think it would be worth it for sure. I'm not going to be able to go but if i could, i certainly would. 

I like Wrestling, If WWE ever came here and did a Summerslam let's say at IGF, would i go? You damn rights i would. Ticket prices be damned, I'd definitely be there. It's a once in a lifetime event. 

Edited by Goalie

And that's great, But Paul McCartney just had 1 show.. that 400 bucks or so gets you tix to the alumni game and the heritage classic. You say you are a big fan of hawerchuk, Wouldn't it be worth it to see him live one more time in person? 

Hawerchuk is my favorite Jet but I saw him play lots before his hip? went.....

Too much cake for me....like I said, I can fly to Puerto Vallarta for 496.00 and catch neat looking fish. It'd be nice to go but I'll be watching it elsewhere.

39 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Some talk going around that a WHL game between Brandon and Regina could also be part of the stadium event on that week-end. 

I heard that too.  Hope that happens as they've done this at other Heritage/Outdoor games.  I figured they would do Wheat Kings/Oil Kings but Regina is a bigger rival and closer too.  Would they get the Moose in on this too?

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Not sure how concession works. It's an NHL event, NHL will probably get most of the "revenue" from the JETS vs Oilers game on the Sunday. 

People need to get it out of their head that the bombers actually have anything to do with it, they really don't. Yeah they are renting the stadium out but that's where it ends really. 

Why do you choose to deal in such absolutes when you admit you really have no clue?