Todays News

Raydawg

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 19m

#Bombers quarterback Justin Goltz has been told he will start on Sunday in the Banjo Bowl against the #Riders. #CFL

Shawn Churchill @ShawnChurchill 18m

Tim Burke spoke to Justin goltz regarding his td celebration goltz is ticked off but will stop doing it Bombers qb is very edgy

Shawn Churchill @ShawnChurchill 17m

Can't blame Levi brown for wearing number 6 only number available told me he didn't know a legend wore it Says he is honored #Bombers

Shawn Churchill @ShawnChurchill 13m

5 quarterbacks in camp. Buck pierce appears healthy and practiced in full pads but blue bombers say he is unavailable to media #bluebombers

Bob Irving @BobIrvingCJOB 10m

Goltz says media has made too much of his touchdown celebration--but he will stop doing it

Shawn Churchill @ShawnChurchill 7m

Andre Douglas is out a long time according to Burke. Eric woods is out 9 games at least. Jovon will return punts as will wil ford

Shawn Churchill @ShawnChurchill 7m

Buck pierce has been added to one game injured list will not play this week hall will back up goltz for second straight week

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 6m

Chad Simpson's partner had a baby, so he is down in Miami, Fla. #Bombers

Shawn Churchill @ShawnChurchill 5m

Burke says coaches in Saskatchewan have given him recommendation on Levi brown. What rivalry?

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 5m

Jade Etienne has been cleared to play, and will return to practice soon. #Bombers

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 2m

Buck Pierce will not dress this week. #Bombers

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 3m

Aaron Woods (leg), OL Andre Douglas (leg) are both "out a long time" according to Tim Burke. Jovon will return kicks primarily.

Just say to us that you don't want Buck!  It sounds better than him in full pads and practising then saying he is on the injured list.  

What are the rules about players being healthy scratches and the practise roster?  Is he on the one-game injured list to protect him?  And if they don't want him, then why not cut him?

If a player were to suffer a career ending injury or a concussion, is the team financially responsible for that player (assume a player with a year remaining on a contract suffers a concussion and then can't play for the duration of the contract).

Is the team able to cut an injured player in the offseason, or are they stuck paying that player who has a carry-over injury?

Is he on the one-game injured list to protect him? And if they don't want him, then why not cut him?

Because if they release Buck they still have to pay him for the rest of the season. Vets salaries are guaranteed after a certain number of games. For Buck, he's been in the league for more than 7 years so his salary was guaranteed after 9 regular season games.

Is the team able to cut an injured player in the offseason, or are they stuck paying that player who has a carry-over injury?

A team can't release an injured player during the regular season (unless he agrees to it). Once the season is over they can. It's happened to a lot of players with Fred Reid here, Charles Roberts in BC as just two examples.

Technically a player can only be released if he is healthy. Even in the off season. A player with off season roster bonuses that is injured still must be paid. He can be released at the training camp medical the following season when he fails the medical.

Link?

From what I've seen in the CBA a player can get medical expenses for up to a year but there's nothing about salary or bonuses that  I could find.

If Goltz actually said that, cry me a river. First he was betrayed by the coaches. Now the media picks on him. As far as the media goes, they've been kind to him. If he feels he is being picked on maybe he should ask Darian Durant what it feels like. Rider fans ride him the first time he makes a mistake. Or Hank  in Saskatchewan, Calgary & Hamilton. Remember the media nicknamed him Hank when he's good & Frank when he's bad.

If Goltz actually said that, cry me a river. First he was betrayed by the coaches. Now the media picks on him. As far as the media goes, they've been kind to him. If he feels he is being picked on maybe he should ask Darian Durant what it feels like. Rider fans ride him the first time he makes a mistake. Or Hank  in Saskatchewan, Calgary & Hamilton. Remember the media nicknamed him Hank when he's good & Frank when he's bad.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Touchdown-celebrations-blown-out-of-proportion-Goltz-222407821.html

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Touchdown-celebrations-blown-out-of-proportion-Goltz-222407821.html

From the quote in that article it sounds like he was asked if he thought the media picked on him and just used their terminology back at them. The rest of what he said is very true:

"I think you guys take something small and like to make a story out of it and produce a headline. Is that far-fetched?"

Then Burke says:

"I don't believe in it. I don't believe in any of that crap. Celebrate with your teammates. What happened to sporstmanship?," said Burke.

So does that mean no more IGF leap (which Burke didn't say anything about either time it was done)?

One thing a bout Hank. he may say some dumb things sometimes but when the media & fans are on him there's a reason why he's called "Smilin' Hank". Like water off a duck's back for Burris. Durant just keeps his mouth shut when media & fans get on his case. I don't think i ever remember him saying things to the media. Goltz has to do the same.

From the quote in that article it sounds like he was asked if he thought the media picked on him and just used their terminology back at them. The rest of what he said is very true:

"I think you guys take something small and like to make a story out of it and produce a headline. Is that far-fetched?"

Then Burke says:

"I don't believe in it. I don't believe in any of that crap. Celebrate with your teammates. What happened to sporstmanship?," said Burke.

So does that mean no more IGF leap (which Burke didn't say anything about either time it was done)?

Bellefeuille told him to stop it.