Todays News

Raydawg

Bellefeuille told him to stop it.

The article linked to says "But at the urging of head coach Tim Burke, Goltz has also agreed to suspend his post score celebrations." Didn't mention Bellefeuille anywhere.

Yeah, saw a story on it, can't remember so I can't post it. Marcel said he asked Golts not to do the celebration anymore. Also same story Marcel commented on the Ti Cat players in the boat... Marcel said there are things a HC & OC don't like sometimes from their players. That was one of them & he was sorry it happened. He didn't like what they did. They went too far. Can't remember if it was a Sun or Feep article.

The thing Goltz needs to learn is that the media in this town are in fact jackals. Especially the guys who cover the Bombers - where you can't exactly write about winning football games and success- you're forced to make a goddamn TD celebration into a 3-4 day controversy.

I don't mind the celebration, and I don't mind what he's said about it since then. My issue is that we're STILL talking about it today.

How about pen an article about one of the new players, the continuing decline of Creehan's defence or something, anything relating to the biggest home game of the year. Nah, too much to ask...

I think the thing these bonehead coaches don't realize, is that the dance is for the fans as much as it is showboating from the player.  Some of us like to see the "dance" whatever it is.  It's just for fun.  Hell they need to celebrate something on this team, might as well be the one touchdown we make per game.

Although I understand where this is coming from.  If you're losing, doing a dance isn't really the smart move and it makes you look stupid.  But Burke is taking this too far saying they shouldn't do it at all.

Go figure Tim Burke would want his players to look as bored and unemotional as he does.

Here's my question and as much as I'm asking it because I dislike Burke, it's also a serious question ... has he ever been anything but critical of his players in the media? Can anyone remember a quote or anything printed in the papers from Burke indicating he was pleased with an individual performance?

It seems like every time he discusses one of his players, it's negative.

Go figure Tim Burke would want his players to look as bored and unemotional as he does.

Here's my question and as much as I'm asking it because I dislike Burke, it's also a serious question ... has he ever been anything but critical of his players in the media? Can anyone remember a quote or anything printed in the papers from Burke indicating he was pleased with an individual performance?

Unless it was Buck. Never had a bad thing to say about Buck.

The thing Goltz needs to learn is that the media in this town are in fact jackals. Especially the guys who cover the Bombers - where you can't exactly write about winning football games and success- you're forced to make a goddamn TD celebration into a 3-4 day controversy.

I don't mind the celebration, and I don't mind what he's said about it since then. My issue is that we're STILL talking about it today.

How about pen an article about one of the new players, the continuing decline of Creehan's defence or something, anything relating to the biggest home game of the year. Nah, too much to ask...

And now it's another article in today's paper about "fuming" Goltz.  What BS!  Watch the interview.  He's not fuming or whining; just says how the media is making something out of nothing, which is absolutely true. 

I get what you're saying but a 1-7 team sure shouldn't have a lot of positives to talk about.

And now it's another article in today's paper about "fuming" Goltz.  What BS!  Watch the interview.  He's not fuming or whining; just says how the media is making something out of nothing, which is absolutely true. 

I agree.  I just read it and it doesn't sound like he's mad at all.  Sounded like he was just making offhanded comments to them while tossing the ball or something and the media makes it out like he was super mad.

The only thing I had a problem with was doing the Sheets box before he did up his tie

Save mocking the other team's td celebrations until you've beaten them, not when the game is still decidedly undecided

The ironic thing is, after that TD, Saskatchewan went on a 41-8 run.  It's one thing to mock, it's another thing to be able to back it up.  

I could not believe when all of a sudden out of nowhere Goltz little TD thing became a huge controversy... He's been doing that since the get go and it never mattered one bit before, have we really run out of things to ***** about that we gotta go for what the young qb does when he scores? Cause I'm telling you right now there are a LOT of better things to ***** about with this team. 

I could not believe when all of a sudden out of nowhere Goltz little TD thing became a huge controversy... He's been doing that since the get go and it never mattered one bit before, have we really run out of things to ***** about that we gotta go for what the young qb does when he scores? Cause I'm telling you right now there are a LOT of better things to ***** about with this team. 

worth pointing out ... he's never done it when we're losing

He's also never integrated someone else's touchdown celebration. Again, while we're losing.

He's also never integrated someone else's touchdown celebration. Again, while we're losing.

I don't see why imitating someone else's TD celebration is seen as mocking, when really, let's be honest, a choreographed celebration itself is mocking to begin with. If we are going to lose, I would rather at least be entertained. If we lose the next game 50-7, will we all be at least secretly satisfied that our players handed the ball somberly to the line judge rather than straightening a fake tie?

The media in this town sucks balls.

Headline/article: "Fuming Goltz Rips Media"

Video Evidence: Mildly annoyed Goltz respectfully voices displeasure.

I don't see why imitating someone else's TD celebration is seen as mocking, when really, let's be honest, a choreographed celebration itself is mocking to begin with. If we are going to lose, I would rather at least be entertained. If we lose the next game 50-7, will we all be at least secretly satisfied that our players handed the ball somberly to the line judge rather than straightening a fake tie?

X2.  They certainly confirmed Goltz' statement that the media tries to makes something out of nothing.   

I don't doubt that the media is blowing it out of proportion. But just because the first celebration is "mocking to begin with" doesn't mean that the response isn't mocking. In fact, I would argue that makes it moreso, because now you're taking their original "taunt" and throwing it back in their face. Not that I mind either (I find celebrations entertaining), just know that if you're going to give yourself a trademark celebration, be ready to have to answer for it.

Goltz has to learn how to act as a quarterback of a professional football organization, especially one that's in a fishbowl like this one. Occidental didn't prepare him for this. He's young, so hopefully he'll learn, but I have a feeling he wouldn't be complaining about the media if we won that game and the headlines read "Goltz does best Timberlake impression; Bombers Dance all over Riders" and tuxedo shirts with "GOLTZ 18" on the back of them started popping up around IGF.

I don't think it matters. The Riders were jumping around like ******* after every play, the game was close and I like to see the fire from the team when they score. Let em do their little celebrations. Rather have guys who are pumped up to score than emotionless robots. There's too little passion on this team to start with, we shouldn't be killing the bit that does exist.