Todays News

Raydawg

"Look there's a sign of life....and someone having fun performing in a job that he loves, and celebrating, at least a minor success."

"Here's an idea...let's stomp on it!"

No, let's let a guy who hasn't proven a thing in the league call attention to himself. Scoring the TD wasn't enough for him? IF Goltz actually starts producing wins then he can do what he wants.

"Look there's a sign of life....and someone having fun performing in a job that he loves, and celebrating, at least a minor success."

"Here's an idea...let's stomp on it!"

No, let's let a guy who hasn't proven a thing in the league call attention to himself. Scoring the TD wasn't enough for him? IF Goltz actually starts producing wins then he can do what he wants.

I very much think you're missing the point....again.

I could not believe when all of a sudden out of nowhere Goltz little TD thing became a huge controversy... He's been doing that since the get go and it never mattered one bit before, have we really run out of things to ***** about that we gotta go for what the young qb does when he scores? Cause I'm telling you right now there are a LOT of better things to ***** about with this team. 

worth pointing out ... he's never done it when we're losing

He's also never integrated someone else's touchdown celebration. Again, while we're losing.

We weren't losing at the time time he did it.

I could not believe when all of a sudden out of nowhere Goltz little TD thing became a huge controversy... He's been doing that since the get go and it never mattered one bit before, have we really run out of things to ***** about that we gotta go for what the young qb does when he scores? Cause I'm telling you right now there are a LOT of better things to ***** about with this team.

I don't think it matters. The Riders were jumping around like ******* after every play, the game was close and I like to see the fire from the team when they score. Let em do their little celebrations. Rather have guys who are pumped up to score than emotionless robots. There's too little passion on this team to start with, we shouldn't be killing the bit that does exist.

Remember swaggerville.....

The simple fact is, this is being blown out of proportion simply because of the issues of this team.  This would be a total non-issue if we were winning.  We wouldn't be talking about this AT ALL if that was the case. Tell me I am wrong. 

You're wrong.  Stupid mime shows are stupid mime shows and will create complaints among some fans, especially the ones who are over 40.

He's also never integrated someone else's touchdown celebration. Again, while we're losing.

Well, that explains it.

Burke had several nice things to say about Goltz this week actually. And for the most part he excused his mistakes.

I know fans want to hate everyone and think they know better but I don't see Burke as the problem. It doesn't bother me that he's generally unemotional on the sidelines. Or that he's honest with the media. All of that means morning. If the team was 8-1 every Burke detractor would be raving about his personality and interview style.

My mistake. The touchdown he scored where he did the Sheet and Tie put the Bombers up 10. 

In the second quarter.

On the road.

Against a team that's 7-1.

In a game we haven't won since 2004.

During our 7 game losing streak.

In a season we're 1-7.

I'm just saying.

My mistake. The touchdown he scored where he did the Sheet and Tie put the Bombers up 10. 

In the second quarter.

On the road.

In a season we're 1-7.

I'm just saying.

Point is Goltz doesn't do celebrations when we are losing and we weren't losing when he did that. 

In the second quarter.

On the road.

In a season we're 1-7.

I'm just saying.

Point is Goltz doesn't do celebrations when we are losing and we weren't losing when he did that. 

Point taken. I don't have a problem with celebrations at all. I LOVED the Lethal Weapon IV's choreographed dances. My point is that if you're 1-7, and you have a celebration that you always do, and you integrate the other teams star player's celebration into yours, and then you go on to lose that game, you can't then complain about the media blowing something like that out of proportion. Celebrations will draw attention to you. How the game unfolds determines whether that attention will be positive or negative. You wanna celebrate? Better be ready to take the bad with the good.

For the record, I LOVE the Shirt & Tie. It's original, not over the top, and suits his whole "Hollywood" thing he has going on. All I'm saying is, if you're gonna put that out there, you need to have the confidence to own it during the rough times.

For the record, I LOVE the Shirt & Tie. It's original, not over the top, and suits his whole "Hollywood" thing he has going on. All I'm saying is, if you're gonna put that out there, you need to have the confidence to own it during the rough times.

But now he can't even do that because the media blew the other TD celebration out of proportion. It just seems to me that the media in other CFL cities would criticize something like that for one day and then they would move on to write about something else. Here they beat stuff to death and then some.

But now he can't even do that because the media blew the other TD celebration out of proportion. It just seems to me that the media in other CFL cities would criticize something like that for one day and then they would move on to write about something else. Here they beat stuff to death and then some.

Jacquie, I live in another CFL city & the media would do the same thing here if the team was a perennial loser & a rookie qb does stuff like that. Don't just point to the Winnipeg media because that's way too easy.

From watching the Stamps for years especially since John Hufnagel arrived here, he clamped down on excessive choreographed touchdown celebrations. Especially the Nik Lewis & Jermaine Copeland "Cope & Dope Show" when they used to do nutty TD celebrations yet the team was losing. Came to a head in 2007 when they both created the Stampeder bobsled team. When Huff got here in 2008 that immediately stopped. 

Today, I don't believe that John Hufnagel & Dave Dickenson wouldn't allow the Goltz thing because as qbs they were no nonsense guys when they played & expect their qbs to be the same way. Can't see Huff being happy with the necktie & cuff link thing from Goltz.

Stamps receiver Mo Price caught heat here for his slowing down & celebrating before he got into the end zone on 2 of his 3 touchdowns on Labour Day. Huff said he was going to have as heart to heart this past Wednesday with Price for his behaviour, Especially when he warned him after the first time.