Andrew Ladd

Ducky

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If I recall, they traded three picks to get that pick.  So they must like him.  But would it be too much to say Bowey & Sanford & 1st Round pick?  The Caps pick is going to be a low one.  Taking their second is like taking a 3rd. 

If the Jets have already been offered a 1st and a prospect and Lawless thinks they might get a player too, then for a team not wanting to part with a decent roster player, we might be able to squeeze a 2nd decent prospect out of them.

yeah that's what I am thinking too.  Two decent prospects and a draft pick in the top two rounds (even if its Chicago or Washington) and away you go.  I like Bowey because I've already seen what he and Morrissey can do in the WHL and in the WJHC together, they seem to be a Keith/Seabrook type combo that would anchor our D for years to come.

6 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

2 and 3 basically same thing.

Bowey another RHD?

I don't get the fixation with RHD vs LHD.  In my day the coach just said "get out there and play defence" and away we went, no matter which way we shot the puck.  I'd be going after Bowey because he's big and tough, and because he has a history of good chemistry with Morrissey.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

I don't get the fixation with RHD vs LHD.  In my day the coach just said "get out there and play defence" and away we went, no matter which way we shot the puck.  I'd be going after Bowey because he's big and tough, and because he has a history of good chemistry with Morrissey.

That's true and some guys can switch without problem.  But it IS a thing to many players and many coaches want the LHD or the RHD depending on situation.  It was used as the excuse as to why Bogo slumped when Trouba arrived (yeah yeah I know) because he was playing his off-side.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

That's true and some guys can switch without problem.  But it IS a thing to many players and many coaches want the LHD or the RHD depending on situation.  It was used as the excuse as to why Bogo slumped when Trouba arrived (yeah yeah I know) because he was playing his off-side.

Well I'd be going after Bowey purely to play with Morrissey.  I don't know which of those guys is the LHD and which is the RHD and I don't really care.

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Trouba - Buff

Myers - Hamonic (who cares if both are LHD/RHD - this is the NHL, not Senior Rec hockey)

Morrissey - Bowey

Done and done

The benefit to this is, the Hamonic and Myers contracts are tremendous value.  And Morrissey/Bowey are ELC.  So Buff has a big contract and you can give Trouba a good contract and you're not over paying.  In fact, that line up might be the best value in the league for the next 5 years.  if you can get a D prospect in a trade for Toby (and Ladd) then you're laughing.

Morrissey and Bowey played 33 games together and 13 were playoff games.

If you guys think we are getting Bowey and a 1st + ?, you are kidding yourselves. We won't get Bowey and a 1st for Ladd.

We might get Jonas Siegenthaler and a 1st but not Bowey and a first. I'd be happy with Bowey and a 2nd.

Wheeler - Schiefle - Ehlers

Stafford - Little - Perreault

Connor - Lowry - Armia

Sanford - Copp - Lemieux

Trouba - Buff

Myers - Hamonic

Morrissey - Bowey

G: Helle/Hutch

Gone - Pavs, Burmi, Thorbs, Ladd, Enstrom

Somehow in exchange we get Hamonic, Sanford, Bowey.

KBF's wishlist/dream team for 2016-17.   And yes, with this line-up we won't make the playoffs, but we'll be fun to watch, and the future will be so bright we'll have to go to all of the games wearing sun glasses.

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

If we were paying Myers his full salary (5.5m per year), do you think Chevy would be more inclined to trade him? Dam rights he would.

Myers to Nashville for Weber.  Or Chicago for Keith.  Or Colorado for Tyson Barrie.  Yes, I will only accept a trade for Myers if it is for another former Rockets D man.  :D

I didn't include Josh Gorges on the list as that would mean Myers would have to go back to Buffalo and I just couldn't be that cruel.

From what i have read Morrissey is progressing quite well with the moose, a guy with his hockey iq will figure it out, i think he's ready for next year, as for Ladd 1st and a prospect is what the Jets are looking for, some teams have already said that they will not be dealing prospects this year, Pittsburgh is one team on record as saying they need to build up there prospect pool. Chicago and Anaheim and Washington's pick will be 25-30 so they would have to add a almost ready NHL prospect.