Top 30 FA's (CFL.ca list)

IC Khari

2 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

What does it say about our team that only 1 of the top 30 is from our Roster. Is Moore at 29 a sign that we are doing things well and all our best players are already signed or that our roster sucks so bad only one of our free agents is even worth the top 30?

I'm thinking 29 is too low ;)

I don't care really how the media, analysts, comedians, or whoever compiled this list but my wish list would be as follows:

Andrew Harris

Ted Laurent

Keith Shologan

Euclid Cummings (I don't think he will demand a tonne this time around, but could really be worth it)

JC Sherritt (Have loved this guy since he came into the league, reminds me of an AJ Hawk kind of player)

Courtney Stephen 

and of course

Josh Bourke (but I can't see how we could have the money to pay for him and fill some of our other holes)

But if we got any 3 of these guys would change our team completely

My 2 cents

It's just a list. Doesn't have to mean who is actually #1. Who's important is reflected in each team's needs.

I believe the Bombers have already addressed some of their needs with the re-signing of Jace Daniels and Matt Nichols. Important.

Dressler's release (still puzzling to me that Jones didn't wait til Feb 9) gave us a huge early advantage in acquiring another need at receiver. Impact.

Capicciotti, Harris RB  - top tier. Bryan Hall, Corey Watman, - next level?  Big receivers? - Chambers, Fuller, or Stafford.

12 more days...

8 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Dressler's release (still puzzling to me that Jones didn't wait til Feb 9) gave us a huge early advantage in acquiring another need at receiver. Impact.

I think Dressler's release was sending a message to the WR free agents that Saskatchewan is ready to party (i.e. Kenny Stafford... Come on down)

9 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Id go after laurent and sherritt and relieve hurl of his duties

I'll go out on a limb and say that Hurl will have the same job upcoming season as he had last year.

The team likes him.... 

I don't know near enough to say if he did his job or not, he did seem to make a few more plays as the season passed by.

I wouldn't send him on a blitz though.

Edited by Mark F

Not much interest to us but Stefan Logan has re-upped with the Als...Could this mean that Mont. will let one of their better fa's walk...either Bourke or Venable????They are running out of cash quick after the Carter signing...I know Bourke usually waits till the last min. and re-signs BUT Venable is another story...Could we have interest??

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Venable would be one of the last big names we should be targeting.

Aside from the option to upgrade the middle by changing our ratio, our linebackers are well above average with Wild and either Randle/Leggett. 

I see your point ..Venable would/should be an afterthought but very young and talented...When Randle went down last year we were really hurting in that position but if he returns to his previous play, we should be set...Bourke would help us on the o line, however not long term and he's usually a late signing by the Als... Most likely trying to maximize his worth...Still a lot of good fa's out there this close to the wire...I'm sure we're going to be in on a lot of them..

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I see your point ..Venable would/should be an afterthought but very young and talented...When Randle went down last year we were really hurting in that position but if he returns to his previous play, we should be set...Bourke would help us on the o line, however not long term and he's usually a late signing by the Als... Most likely trying to maximize his worth...Still a lot of good fa's out there this close to the wire...I'm sure we're going to be in on a lot of them..

I didn't think there was ANY drop off from Randle to Leggett, personally. 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I meant losing him generally affected our defensive play after we started shifting guys around..His return , if totally recovered, makes us a lot better defensively, although we won't know that till tc.

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Leggett's play last year gives us the luxury of depth and versatility. It allows us to concentrate on the D-line in FA and scouting. I love some of the guys that are reaching Free Agency this year, but for a change, we have a choice.

I agree with you guys that Leggett played just as well as Randle at WIL/Nickel.... I was hoping to see a shift in the ratio to get a Cdn at safety, Leggett at WIL and then find a way to get Randle back in the defensive backfield with Adams... Leggett plays well closer to the LOS... 

4 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Let the other teams spend money on the guys you don't want. Then when free agency rolls around there's less money out there to be spent on the guys you do want.

Hey, that's great...for us. But in our case, it actually plays right in to what we needed to do, that is, get a 1st rate receiver, at a favourable price, in time to prepare to get others in FA.

But, depending on who, and what you believe, it has more to do with the impending payment of a bonus. If they got the bonus, then Sask. made the mistake. If they didn't get the bonus, then the actions by the player's agents must be questioned.