Top 30 FA's (CFL.ca list)

IC Khari

4 hours ago, bearpants said:

I agree with you guys that Leggett played just as well as Randle at WIL/Nickel.... I was hoping to see a shift in the ratio to get a Cdn at safety, Leggett at WIL and then find a way to get Randle back in the defensive backfield with Adams... Leggett plays well closer to the LOS... 

While Randle did fine as WIL they need to get him back to the DB spot. That whole moving him from the outside to WIL weakened our backfield.

3 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Leggett was a little slower than Randle in pass coverage but more aggressive in run stopping, tough call.

We need to find better starting nationals then Hurl and Bucknor and they are available in free agency. If they don't make a move to improve on those two, then they don't deserve to keep their jobs.

I get the uncomfortable feeling that a player has a better chance of getting a job here based on his willingness to drink the kool-aid than his talent level. How else to explain the presence of both those players on our roster?

Laurent/Shologan/Capicotti, we need to land one. It improves our national talent and means we improve our starters. Say we sign Shologan,

Neufeld/Gossen/Chung/Kolhert/Westerman/Sholgan and then only one of Bucknor/Hurl starts. Land Andrew Harris and one of the above and we don't have to start either.

We really need to land two frontline nationals in free agency. The above mentioned defenders, Harris, a Courtney Stephan, a Jermaine Gabrial,

somebody. Despite what MOS says, Hurl is not a starter, Bucknor either.

On 1/29/2016 at 9:35 PM, MinisterOfD5 said:

I don't care really how the media, analysts, comedians, or whoever compiled this list but my wish list would be as follows:

Andrew Harris

Ted Laurent

Keith Shologan

Euclid Cummings (I don't think he will demand a tonne this time around, but could really be worth it)

JC Sherritt (Have loved this guy since he came into the league, reminds me of an AJ Hawk kind of player)

Courtney Stephen 

and of course

Josh Bourke (but I can't see how we could have the money to pay for him and fill some of our other holes)

But if we got any 3 of these guys would change our team completely

My 2 cents

If we get one of those guys ill be pretty happy. If that guy is bourke, harris or laurent id be over the moon. Adding bourke to our line, man i dont even wanna think of it. I dont think hes going any where.

17 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

Kyle Knox will be the Winnipeg Blue Bombers all star middle linebacker this year - that is just a pure prediction on my part.

That's gold right there. Bold prediction.

Well done.

Nick Moore to Calgary? Shamawd Chambers to Toronto? 

Looks like...according to Checking Down, CFL style.

Josh Bourke? Can't see him Winnipeg bound at all.

Justin Capicciotti? In Winnipeg? Only for big big money.

11 more days...

Edited by Mr Dee

41 minutes ago, holoman said:

Jovon Johnson said on twitter that he wants to play with Cappiciotti.  Which will make things really awkward should Justin sign here

So this is a package deal...lol..We 'might see Cappiciotti here....doubters on Jovon...Why does there seem to be a lot of players heading out of Ottawa after the big success of last year...Are they following the lead of their vaunted oc...

14 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Bourque does this every contract then re-signs with the Als. Always wonder why he just doesn't get things done a year earlier & be done with it. Chambers to Toronto & Moore to  Calgary. Like tampering or what?

One of the Calgary sports writers (Scott Mitchell?) tweeted earlier this week that the Stamps would be trying to pick up Nick Moore...

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

One of the Calgary sports writers (Scott Mitchell?) tweeted earlier this week that the Stamps would be trying to pick up Nick Moore...

He showed huge spurts when healthy despite not being in a very good offense. IF he signs a reasonable deal he could be steal of the off season.

18 minutes ago, Stickem said:

So this is a package deal...lol..We 'might see Cappiciotti here....doubters on Jovon...Why does there seem to be a lot of players heading out of Ottawa after the big success of last year...Are they following the lead of their vaunted oc...

Really mankes you wonder, doesn't it? This is a team who may fall to last place next season.

15 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

There really should be hard & fast rules here. Any team that is caught talking to a player under contract should be faced with  $100,000 fine & a loss of  a draft pick. 

What you read is a sportswriter's and CFL.ca writers opinion on where guys might end up.  It's about as deep as, "Andrew Harris from Winnipeg might sign with Winnipeg."

Offense

O-Line: The #1 guy, to me, is Bourke. Sign this guy at any cost. Willy would love him

Running Back: Harris would be my dream choice. Next would be Messam. I also like Rainey from BC, speed to burn and can return kicks

Receiver: I like Getzlaf because of his passport and size. One of Fuller and/or Stafford to compliment Dressler and to replace Moore

Defense

D-Line: Shologan, Cummings, Bishop, Capicciotti and Laurent. I'd happily sign any of them at the right price

Linebackers: Venable or Sherritt would make nice additions

DB: I like this Grymes kid out of Edmonton

Kicker: Medlock, please

1 hour ago, Dirty30 said:

As our DB coach sure. Too old and expensive otherwise

Agree and I don't think we need that much help with the DBs. For the right price though, we can always kick the tires and see if he can earn a spot. 

I think Hall did a fairly good job with the D last season. The problem was our offense was so anemic the D got exhausted. 

No real injury issues with Raymond. He's missed some games over the years but not any more than anyone else. For a 33 year old he's in great shape. Just a wily veteran who would really be an addition on defense. At his age a short term fix but the guy can still play. I imagine Chris Jones will go hard for him. 

Edited by iso_55