Lawless: O'Shea & Walters to return in 2016

gbill2004

Miller/Walters/MOS all need to be fired.

We're 12 and 23 with these clowns. 7-22 over the past 29. We have no depth, not enough talent, are boring and honestly lack star talent.

Have you seen Miller eat? No talent indeed. 

We're 12 and 23 with these clowns. 7-22 over the past 29. We have no depth, not enough talent, are boring and honestly lack star talent.

This isn't an over reaction either, it really is that bad.

Now having said that, you will get the 'we need patience crowd' but frankly those people are either glutens for punishment of just plain stupid, but Manitoba is really full of those types, imo.

I want a clean slate in the coaching dept with some of the good players that have been added and drafted kept of course. I still believe with proper coaching, this squad could be in the playoffs. I really want to see how Willy does with a new OC. I want to see how this D performs with a more aggressive coordinator etc.

This isn't an over reaction either, it really is that bad.

Now having said that, you will get the 'we need patience crowd' but frankly those people are either glutens for punishment of just plain stupid, but Manitoba is really full of those types, imo.

The We Like Mike movement. Has kind of a ring to it...  Like putting your head inside a huge church bell when it chimes.

I'm not sure if Hall can be solely blamed for the losses and inconsistent play of the defence. The defence has been the only bright spot this year and we would have had a record like the Riders if he wasn't there. We are missing about three good defensive linemen and a dominant middle linebacker, so Hall has had to try to make do with what he has on hand, which is sort of OK, but far from great.

I'm not sure if Hall can be solely blamed for the losses and inconsistent play of the defence. The defence has been the only bright spot this year and we would have had a record like the Riders if he wasn't there. We are missing about three good defensive linemen and a dominant middle linebacker, so Hall has had to try to make do with what he has on hand, which is sort of OK, but far from great.

We definitely need to upgrade at the positions you noted but, Hall isn't the guy in the long run either.

They announced 23,000+ today but that seems like BS from being there. You have to sell tickets and these bozos aren't going to help with that. Keep them and go down to crowds of 20,000 or less as this crap continues.

Walters and co have yet to find a CFL calibre receiver in two years. Yet to find a CFL calibre Dlineman. Yet to find a CFL quality QB. Yet to find a CFL quality Olineman. What makes people think they're going to find any of these this off-season, let alone the impact receiver, impact Dlineman, impact Olineman etc we need this off-season?

I think O'Shea will get a one year contract extension so as to not appear a lame-duck coach.  Same as Claude Noel after his second season with the Jets.

LOL! Try selling that to the fanbase. That would be beyond stupid & proof the Bombers are absolutely rudderless at the top.

It's pretty standard though.  When Noel was given his one-year extension after his 2nd season, I remember Hustler and Lawless talking about it.  They stated the reason for the one-year extension is that it allows the coach some extra degree of control over his players.  If the coach is in his final year and thus seen as a lame duck, the players are more likely to tune him out, show disregard for any of his systems or rules as he is likely to be gone by the end of the year.  The one year extensions doesn't require much of an additional financial commitment from the organization but it also let's the players know that the coach will be there for the medium term at least.  They sited a few examples of these one-year extensions. 

I would think the same rules apply to football.  Players are less likely to tune out a coach if they feel there is an increased likelihood that the coach will be around for an extended period beyond the lame-duck final year.  I will be disappointed though if O'shea gets anything beyond a one-year prove-it-or-your-gone extension.

They announced 23,000+ today but that seems like BS from being there. You have to sell tickets and these bozos aren't going to help with that. Keep them and go down to crowds of 20,000 or less as this crap continues.

Walters and co have yet to find a CFL calibre receiver in two years. Yet to find a CFL calibre Dlineman. Yet to find a CFL quality QB. Yet to find a CFL quality Olineman. What makes people think they're going to find any of these this off-season, let alone the impact receiver, impact Dlineman, impact Olineman etc we need this off-season?

You don't consider Darvin Adams as a premier receiver? I think he has done pretty well, considering the quarterbacking we've had this year. The other lacks, I agree with.

I think O'Shea will get a one year contract extension so as to not appear a lame-duck coach.  Same as Claude Noel after his second season with the Jets.

LOL! Try selling that to the fanbase. That would be beyond stupid & proof the Bombers are absolutely rudderless at the top.

It's pretty standard though.  When Noel was given his one-year extension after his 2nd season, I remember Hustler and Lawless talking about it.  They stated the reason for the one-year extension is that it allows the coach some extra degree of control over his players.  If the coach is in his final year and thus seen as a lame duck, the players are more likely to tune him out, show disregard for any of his systems or rules as he is likely to be gone by the end of the year.  The one year extensions doesn't require much of an additional financial commitment from the organization but it also let's the players know that the coach will be there for the medium term at least.  They sited a few examples of these one-year extensions. 

I would think the same rules apply to football.  Players are less likely to tune out a coach if they feel there is an increased likelihood that the coach will be around for an extended period beyond the lame-duck final year.  I will be disappointed though if O'shea gets anything beyond a one-year prove-it-or-your-gone extension.

Not in football. I've never ever heard of a pro football head coach get an extension with a record of 12-24. Especially the CFL where nickel & dimes are thrown around like sewer covers. Do you think the BOD's want to pay a coach anymore than they should if he's on the road to being fired? It would be an absolute joke & we'd be the laughing stock of the CFL to award Osh with an extension.

You don't consider Darvin Adams as a premier receiver? I think he has done pretty well, considering the quarterbacking we've had this year. The other lacks, I agree with.
The Argos recruited Darvin Adams.

Darvin Adams was a free agent signing. These guys can't scout.

So to summarize our OL can't run block or pass protect, all backup QB's shouldn't be playing football, our RB's can't run inside or outside, our receivers can't get open, our ST's are poor at best, our kickers should be kicking somewhere else, our DL has no pass rush and barely stops the run, our MLB stinks, our DB's can't cover, our coaches can't coach. How the hell did we even win 5 games.

1. Denmark and Kolhert were here when Walters took over. Moore and Adams were signed as free agents. They have yet to find ONE CFL receiver in two years.

2. They signed Westerman as a free agent. In two years, no impact DLinemen.

3. The OL, who did they scout who was a plus?

4.QB, Portis, Marve and Brohm are their haul. Funny that Montreal could find Cato, BC Jennings, Hamilton Matthews and Edmonton Franklin and we have those guys.

5. Has Walters been that great at scouting NIs?

6. Stoudermire was a starting receiver today. How bad is your scouting if this is the case?

Everyone over reacting after a loss but overall this is good news. Walters, MOS and Hall back is good. Tweak from there. New OC and a few weapons and we're a different team.

I'm going to call you out and say a large Bullshit!

Then I'll offer a challenge, explain why keeping Walters and MOS is a good idea.

Gotta wonder if our reputation as an organization who fires people way to quickly is playing a role here. People talk about hiring the right coach but.... why would that guy want to come here knowing that in 2 years or even less people will be calling for his head. As for scouting... Ken moll explained it well a while back... you can put a list together but it takes sometimes 2 years for those players to finally come up here. It takes time.... something they haven't really had. 2 years... next year we should see some better recruiting hopefully. Then again maybe Walters and the scouts did bring in some good players on O but MB never really gave them a chance. Tough to say. Fire MB and let's see what happens. You fire MB and there is no more excuses cuz... I'm not sure anyone could succeed or look great playing in this O. Fire MB and see what happens. Look at replacing hall with a more aggressive minded d coach....

I think schemes play a role. Is our oline good? Nope. Are they as awful as the scheme makes them out to be... I don't think so. Fire MB and bet lots changes

MB seems to be playing the square peg round holes game. Play to our guys strengths instead of their weaknesses and you will really be able to judge the talent. Stanley Bryant doesn't go from all star to not good for no reason. It's schemes and it goes back to the OC