Around the NHL

22 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

should have blamed his hair, and the fact he showed up to the lottery looking like an unmade bed.

More like an all night bender... He just looks terrible. All the time. Obviously Burke gets his styling tips from Mike Smith. (KBF will know what I mean)...

2 hours ago, iso_55 said:

More like an all night bender... He just looks terrible. All the time. Obviously Burke gets his styling tips from Mike Smith. (KBF will know what I mean)...

Mike 'The Original Mad Genius' Smith.

So you're saying Flames go off the board to pick Vitali Abramov then...?

On 5/4/2016 at 10:57 PM, Goalie said:

BB is from Ottawa so it's likely he does go there.

this excites me, lol.  I've been a fan of his coaching for awhile and I think the Sens need a guy like him.

On 5/4/2016 at 11:26 AM, iso_55 said:

what. no brendan taman references? lol

Burke is old school and didn't he have a gay son who passed away unfortunately? Not that his son being gay matters but... I get the feeling Burke just puts on a show for the cameras, he obviously isn't a fan of the media, can't say i blame him. 

22 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Burke is old school and didn't he have a gay son who passed away unfortunately? Not that his son being gay matters but... I get the feeling Burke just puts on a show for the cameras, he obviously isn't a fan of the media, can't say i blame him. 

Yes.  He has been outspoken in favour of gay rights.  Someone in my office mentioned they wondered if he has some sort of depression or something stemming from his son's death.  I never paid much attention to him so I cant say when his appearance began going downhill but if it was after his son's death, that might explain it.

Also, he has a young, attractive wife, does he not?  That can do it too!

Burke has always looked the same, He's just an old School guy who doesn't really give a crap what people think about him. He's also not a spring chicken anymore, He also worked in Toronto for several years so that itself probably aged the guy significantly. He's just one of those guys, probably plays a gimmick of sorts on TV... 

National Post

This just ina murky statement on the Nail Yakupov situation from Alexei Zhamnov, head of the Russian team at the world championship: “Before Nail came here, we had an agreement with his agent Igor Larionov that all players have equal chances to play at the World Championship, no matter if they play in the KHL or NHL. Nail does indeed have an ankle injury, and our doctors can indicate this. Also, Nail has further injuries, however due to a ethical consideration and an agreement with his NHL club we cannot speak about them.”

In closer to home NHL/AHL news, Rumors have Pascal Vincent becoming the next head coach of the Moose. Interesting if true, cuz he was in charge of our PP and PK the last few years and hasn't really done a good job, The only positive i could think of would be we'd have a new guy in charge, Jets that is.