Around the NHL

21 minutes ago, bustamente said:

100 % right they really need that cornerstone superstar, we would get a king's ransom for Mathews if we were lucky enough to win the lottery, really hard call if the Jets would consider a trade or keep what could end up being an elite player.

All trades should be considered. Matthews is very good but not elite franchise good. If Arizona offered a significant package that still included a high draft pick, Id definitely consider it.  

Drafting fkrst makes you better for years and maybe a little better now. Getting OEL, another top prospect and a top draft pick makes you better now and for years. So go for it. 

But good point about Tkachuk too. Why don't they covet him?

To get OEL we would need to add to our 1st overall pick, OEL is a legit top 5 D man in the league. We add, they certainly do not. Matthews is just a prospect after all, Yeah he has the potential to be very good but right now he's just a prospect, We add to our 1st overall to get OEL, I wouldn't do it because... Matthews has the potential to be a top elite franchise face, We aren't at the point in time where we trade our first round picks and definitely not 1st overall if we win it. Not a chance. Jets say thanks but no thanks and take Matthews and maybe make a trade elsewhere to address team needs. 

I honestly could see Trouba being shopped around a bit, And wouldn't be surprised if he is traded actually. I'm not sure but... I almost get the sense in listening to Maurice especially that they expect their young players to bust their ass in the off-season and work out and be ready to go come training camp. The knock on Trouba has been pretty much that he seems to not do that in the off season. I could see him being moved. 

Let's just leave this here...

I think it's more likely that if we win the draft lotttery, we keep our pick. I also think it's quite likely that Trouba could very well be traded if they feel he is not fully committed to being here long term. I mean really, if Trouba is hesitant to sign long term here (who knows exactly), That you could flip him for an equally talent LHD man if need be. 

Take Matthews. Trade Trouba for that young LHD guy, not OEL but someone more similar to Trouba... Maybe a guy like Lindholm in Anaheim, or a guy like Murray or even Werenski from CBJ, Provorov from Philly... These are guy's i'd be looking at in return for  Trouba. 

Why the heck would anyone but the Oilers pass up on a possible franchise center. They wouldn't. Of the top 6, Edmonton is the only team who would probably consider trading it. I don't think TML, VAN,CBJ,CAL or WPG does. 

Heres an interesting thought.. We win the Lottery, Arizona wins the 2nd or 3rd overall pick...

1st Trouba for 2nd or 3rd plus OEL? I'd consider it for sure. 

Edited by Goalie

Teams will want OEL and the yotes owner said they will not trade OEL for Matthews. 

If they do they become Edmonton really. High end forwards with no elite d 

Doubt 1st overall is traded. OEL is also UFA in 3 years. Matthews ELC would end then . Dumb trade to make 

Edited by Goalie

30 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Teams will want OEL and the yotes owner said they will not trade OEL for Matthews. 

If they do they become Edmonton really. High end forwards with no elite d 

Doubt 1st overall is traded. OEL is also UFA in 3 years. Matthews ELC would end then . Dumb trade to make 

Exactly......I'd absolutely love to see a stud like OEL here but he is only signed for 3 more years and we would have control of Matthews for a minimum of 7 years. For 1st overall it would have to start with Dylan Strome AND OEL or I would say no thanks.

Dano, Stuart, Staf and 1st overall for OEL, Strome, and their 1st overall in 2017 and we probably still aren't getting enough. Dogs add Merkley...

Not sure about Trouba's off season workouts but he spent last summer working out every day with Blake Wheeler in Florida where they both live in the summer. I'd trade him in  a deal with TO for Reilly + ? but would rather keep him.

4 hours ago, Ducky said:

Kadri signs 4.5m x 6 years.

Reilly signs for 5m x 6 years.

Reilly is a comparable player to Trouba so this signing influences Trouba's contract.

LOL! Comparable? In what bizarro world?

Reillys pt total has gone up every year. Trouba's has gone down every year. Compare him to Myers if anyone.

You compare Trouba to Maata and that's 4m/yr for 6 years.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

59 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

LOL! Comparable? In what bizarro world?

Reillys pt total has gone up every year. Trouba's has gone down every year. Compare him to Myers if anyone.

You compare Trouba to Maata and that's 4m/yr for 6 years.

Doesn't Reilly get a lot more PP time than Trouba too?