Around the NHL

Six years doesn't make sense to me......he becomes a free agent at 28 and will demand another huge contract....8 years works much better and Trouba is generally considered to be a bit better than Reilly. People around here don't realize how much Trouba is valued by other GMs. An eight year contract would be 4 years of his UFA so you have to pay extra for that. If it is a bridge, it'll be around 3m-3.25m but if it is a long term, he'll get 5.5m per year minimum, probably more.

Same as Scheif. If he signs an 8 year deal, he would get 7m no problem. He'd be 31 when the contract expired. I'd give him 7m per year in an eight year deal without hesitation. A good chance he gets the C this off season but if he doesn't, it'll be his one day for sure.

Going into the 2015 draft no one was sure where Kyle Conner was going to be selected. Some thought he had top 10 talent, whereas others had him as a mid-low first rounder. When Boston passed on him with their three consecutive first-rounders, it really opened things up. Now, just one year after the draft, Conner looks to be the steal of the year at the 17th pick. In his first year of NCAA hockey, Conner posted ridiculous numbers. In 38 games, Conner scored 35 goals, and a total of 71 points. Conner actually scored at a higher points-per-game pace than Jack Eichel did during his first year of NCAA play. With the Jets being in rebuild mode, it shouldn’t be too much of a challenge for Conner to play his way into Winnipeg’s top six. Placing someone with Conner’s high-end puck skills on a line with the likes of Bryan Little, Blake Wheeler, Nikolaj Ehlers or Mark Scheifele is probably a pretty pleasant thought for Jets’ fans out there. With an ELC signed look for Conner to jump into Winnipeg’s lineup and stay there.

They can't even spell his name properly?

The more I think of it, the more I think Connor will be played with Little, I only hope the other player isn't Staf. I'd like to see him on a line with Armia but doubt that happens. Probably Connor -Little -Staf but would be REALLY happy with Connor- Little -Puljujarvi/Laine.

Perreault and Lowry can put up with Staf.

Connor Scheif Wheeler 

Perreault Little Ehlers 

Petan Copp Armia 

Lemieux Lowry Dano. 

That's it for me until after July 1st. 

Matthews Laine Puljujarvi changes things also. Free agency could change things. Trades could. 

If they are serious about the best players make the team like they said.... Burmi Stafford Thorburn might be moves out. 

Edited by Goalie

13 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Did you forget Perreault & Stafford, or do you have them traded?

I didn't forget them.  I just don't see where there's room for all of these guys.  Someone's going to have to go.  Honestly, with injuries being inevitable, I don't think we'll start the season with Lemieux or our first pick this season in the starting line-up, but they may be there during the season when Perrault gets injured, like he seems to every year, and others go down, which is just the way things are in the NHL now, unless you are Andrew Cogliano.  Stafford can be traded for all I care, as long as he's packaged with Enstrom.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

11 hours ago, Ducky said:

Everyone is still talking about trading our best LHD.... let's remember he has an NMC and can't be moved unless he agrees.

Who is going to want a D man with 2 years left on his contract that has to be protected in an expansion draft?

if Enstrom is truly our "best" LHD then no wonder we are not in the playoffs.  Is it a coincidence that the Jets started winning as soon as he came out of the line-up?

12 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

It's the same coincidence that having Enstrom in the lineup last year, led to a playoff spot..

and it's the same coincidence that we went out in four games straight, while I watched Silfverberg, Kesler, Getzlaf and Perry just skate up and take the puck right off of his stick.

Did anyone watch the Philly / Washington game last night?

Apparently they had a tribute to Ed Snider where they handed out bracelets to everyone in attendance.

En route to a 6 - 1 loss, those in attendance eventually started littering the ice with the bracelets.  The PA announcer pleaded with them to stop and warning them that the team would take a penalty if they didn't.  The Flyers were awarded a bench delay of game because of the fans, who apparently cheered when they got the penalty.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/philly-flyers-fans-draw-penalty-during-playoff-loss/

Sure enough, the wristbands kept coming, and the Flyers were whistled for a bench minor for delay of game. Capitals defenseman Dmitry Orlov was even smacked by a flying bracelet sitting in the penalty box.

Nolan said, "way to go," and the fans cheered as if they were proud of the penalty.

"I know they're upset in that situation but that can't happen," Simmonds said.

The word 'embarassing' was trending on Twitter in the Philadelphia area.

Snider had owned the Flyers since they were an expansion franchise in 1966.

Could you ever see a time, 30 - 40 years from now, when Chipman passes away and the Jets have a night to commemorate him, would the fans here ever show the same disrespect? 

I like Enstrom for what he is. A very solid top 4 who can move the puck exceptionally well and skate. Downside of course is the complete lack of physicality, as opponents can often outmuscle him on the boards. On the Jets, he matters more than some other places because he's our top left hand shot and carries a decent cap hit.

I've always thought he'd be better suited to play out east. Imagine him and Letang together in Pitt? 

He needs a team (system) that plays a speed game, and one that doesn't have STL, MIN, CHI and NSH in their division.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

I like Enstrom for what he is. A very solid top 4 who can move the puck exceptionally well and skate. Downside of course is the complete lack of physicality, as opponents can often outmuscle him on the boards. On the Jets, he matters more than some other places because he's our top left hand shot and carries a decent cap hit.

I've always thought he'd be better suited to play out east. Imagine him and Letang together in Pitt? 

He needs a team (system) that plays a speed game, and one that doesn't have STL, MIN, CHI and NSH in their division.

I can agree with this assessment.

The Philly incident was interesting. It really is just a very small group of idiot fans. Every team has them but Philly takes it to the extreme for sure. I didn't think it was that big of a deal... I mean it's Philly. They used to throw batteries at nfl players and nhl players. They boo'd Santa at the Santa Claus parade. They are a very passionate group.

I'd be more surprised if something like that happened elsewhere but it's Philly so really.... it is what it is. 

Small group of people who were pissed that their team was getting their asses wooped 

Edited by Goalie

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

The Philly incident was interesting. It really is just a very small group of idiot fans. Every team has them but Philly takes it to the extreme for sure. I didn't think it was that big of a deal... I mean it's Philly. They used to throw batteries at nfl players and nhl players. They boo'd Santa at the Santa Claus parade. They are a very passionate group.

I'd be more surprised if something like that happened elsewhere but it's Philly so really.... it is what it is. 

Small group of people who were pissed that their team was getting their asses wooped 

Not condoning what they do like things like battery throwing, but if they boo the big man, that's funny sh@t.

Much rather have Enstrom in the lineup than any other LHD not counting Trouba.

Look at Stuart, Enstrom is more than 5 times the D man he is and Stuart makes 2.625m per year! How long did it take Maurice to take Stu off of the PK for God's sake. He is, statistically, the worst PKer (in 5 categories he is dead last) in the league.

I would be trying to move Myers or Enstrom if we have to protect both of them. If Myers' NMC was honored by the Jets (doubt it), Myers, Buff and Enstrom would all have to be protected. I know that not many on here agree with me but I would move Myers if I had to move one.

If I couldn't trade Stu, he'd be playing for the Moose next year and maybe the first D man called up.

You would get a LOT more for Myers than Enstrom and you would be moving a RHD and not annihilating your left side.

Unless we had some quality LHD at the time, if Tobi took 2.5m-3m, I'd re-sign him for 2-3 years when his contract came up. Buff and Tobi are, by far, our best D men.

KBF,

Let's say we trade Enstrom....our starting LHD are Trouba?-Chiarot-Morrissey/Stuart.......ugh-lee. He is one of our better D men on the PK too.