Around the NHL

Do you actually think Enstrom has a future with the JETS? I mean, the guy is what? 31 years old or something? That matters... his name was out there in trades so that means he was either asked to move his no move clause or teams were inquiring about it, obviously there wasn't a fit but why would Enstrom, who is an aging D man who has played all of 4 playoff games not want to move on if the Jets asked him. He's not getting any younger, he's definitely a little to soft to play in the WEST and the fact is... i don't care what anyone really says, when the Jets are actually competing on a regular basis, Enstrom will not be here. Bottom Line really. He's older, he's being paid a ton, Jets could retain salary on him if need be, I'm sure some teams out there probably in the East would want him.  It's all about the future, to many people think about the present, that's not how the JETS think tho, Chevy basically has mentioned this before, It's about building towards a future, a future where they make the playoffs on a consistent basis, win a series or 2 or even the cup and then the year after, do it again.. and so on. If you think that's gonna happen in the next 2 years, you are crazy. Jets are rebuilding somewhat right now.. They have some pieces but those pieces are young and basically 10 years younger than Enstrom... I highly doubt they'd resign 30 something year old Enstrom when his contract is up so there they either move him for something or lose him for nothing. He will be traded for sure, when? who knows but more than likely b4 his contract is up. 

Getting rid of a player doesn't make us better.  Bringing in a better player makes us better.  The Jets with Stuart as their top LHD are not a better team.  They are worse.

While there are some glaring holes in Enstrom's game that bug the bejesus out of me, I'm not trading him.  At least not until part 2 of that master plan is revealed.

Regarding HB2, the law passed in North Carolina that impacts LGBT from using bathrooms in line with their gender identity.  Many entertainers have cancelled shows in the state.  Heard but bit confirmed that NBA is considering cancelling All Star Game (or moving it) from there.  Impressed with Gary being on the right side of this.

Interesting that the State bill was passed to over-rule a law passed by Charlotte that favoured LGBT rights.  What a **** show.  Wonder when this will impact sports...if any will cancel events or speak out about it.

Does anyone know the details to this?  Lawless was discussing this today and I;ve heard him discuss it before.  He wrote an article (presumably in the early going of the Jets being back) that was critical of some players.  Those players took it personally and Buff, Wheeler, Ladd, Toby and Stu all blackballed him.

What was the story he wrote??

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Can't imagine the NHL would be thrilled about the NFL stealing their thunder and sponsorship dollars in Vegas. You snooze you lose. 

Should have gone to Seattle when the SuperSonics left but hey maybe this opens up Oakland :)

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That's a mistake. Look for the Ducks to falter and start trading assets in about a year. 

Agreed. He actually has one of the highest winning percentages for coaches in NHL history.  Higher then Quenville and the likes. 

And the DUCKS goaltending in game 7's, have a combined .852 save percentage. It's not on Boudreau but he's the fall guy for sure. 

Perry had what? no goals? Getzlaf was MIA.. Kesler was ok, but... when your 2 "stars" do nothing, what do you expect. 

Fact is, that group doesn't know how to win. The next coach will find that out also. 

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That's a mistake. Look for the Ducks to falter and start trading assets in about a year. 

Ryan Kessler $6.9M per for the next 6 years taking him to the ripe old age of 37.

Corry Perry $8.6M per year for the next 5 years taking him to 35

Ryan Getlzaf - $8.25M per year for the next 5 years talking him to 35

Those 3 contracts are going to be boat anchors and hard to move if they decide to pull the plug and start a rebuild.

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

I think Enstrom and Buff have an NMC and Stu and Myers have an NTC.

Wheeler also has a NTC.

What is interesting with Buff's contract is the first 2 years (next year and the year after) are NMC, then it switches to a modified NTC.  So it depends on what year they ultimately expand in.

23 minutes ago, Rich said:

Ryan Kessler $6.9M per for the next 6 years taking him to the ripe old age of 37.

Corry Perry $8.6M per year for the next 5 years taking him to 35

Ryan Getlzaf - $8.25M per year for the next 5 years talking him to 35

Those 3 contracts are going to be boat anchors and hard to move if they decide to pull the plug and start a rebuild.

Which is why I would have kept BB. 

But if they miss the playoffs next year they will try to trade those guys and go full rebuild. They will find teams willing to take them.