Around the NHL

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Worth noting he was our only goalie with a winning record.  Does anyone think he shouldn't be the starter next year??  Anyone?

i'll be negative nanny. Hutch had a great first year too and was a shell at the end.

I find Helle to be very slow and there are times he appears as if he has 1 eye.

Helle is 10 x the goalie pav is. It's not even close. Pav is a fish out of water flopping around all the time. Helle is positionally strong. Tracks the puck well. Pav sometimes reacts well after the puck is in the net. Timeto move on from pav. 5 6 years of way below average nhl goaltending is enough. Fun fact.... Hutch started off strong yup and regressed to Pavelec like career numbers. Pav puts up a 906 save percentage he's our starter. Hutch does and he's regressed?  Seriously lol. 

Why do some people not get that pavelec is the worst goalie we have. Him and Hutch have similar numbers. Pav gets paid 4.75 million. Hutch might get 1 million. Hutch is good value. Pav you couldn't trade to a beer league team. 

5 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

i'll be negative nanny. Hutch had a great first year too and was a shell at the end.

I find Helle to be very slow and there are times he appears as if he has 1 eye.

Nah.  I think most people knew Hutch was overachieving.  I certainly did.  Helle appears to be the real deal.  Not sure there is any truth whatsoever to your criticisms, in fact they border on nonsense.

44 minutes ago, Rich said:

Supposedly they want to go in a more Analytic direction.  Seems odd to me.  This team had no money and multiple ownership issues and the GM managed to put together a pretty darn good list of prospects.  Now someone else will come in and look like a genius when this prospects all come together.

Other speculation (or is it just the Big Show guys) that this might be the ownership wanting to get Mathews no matter the cost.

15 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Id be fine with Helle/Hutch combo for the foreseeable future.   But I suspect thenJets will keep all three. 

I agree. If Pavs hasn't been dealt after all these years of sub-par play, why would they deal him now when you're out of the contract in a year anyways.

That said, it would be a truly appalling decision - and would really have my second-guessing the decision making of Chevy and Maurice.

If this team trots out Pavs & Hutch for opening night; you better be telling fans that Nolan Patrick is #1 priority next season. Period.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Supposedly they want to go in a more Analytic direction.  Seems odd to me.  This team had no money and multiple ownership issues and the GM managed to put together a pretty darn good list of prospects.  Now someone else will come in and look like a genius when this prospects all come together.

Other speculation (or is it just the Big Show guys) that this might be the ownership wanting to get Mathews no matter the cost.

When I was down in New Orleans a few weeks ago I was wearing one of my many Jets shirts and a Coyotes fan stopped me on the street to yak hockey.  He seemed to be a bit in the know with the team and said that there was a lot of truth to the Coyotes going hard after Matthews as the cache of having a Scottsdale boy on the team would be huge for the local fan base.  I pointed out that Tkachuk was also a Scottsdale kid and the son of a former player but that didn't seem to register.  The Coyote fan base has tunnel-vision on Matthews right now.  I would expect they make a play for #1 over-all once the draft order is decided.

I think if we get #1, we get more than OEL for it.  Because Mthews can be a game changer for us too plus how much Arizona wants him.  If they want him its going to take a ton because if we stand pat we still get Mathews.  No lose scenario for us.  I'd ask for OEL, their first and another top prospect.  We can throw someone in.

17 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think if we get #1, we get more than OEL for it.  Because Mthews can be a game changer for us too plus how much Arizona wants him.  If they want him its going to take a ton because if we stand pat we still get Mathews.  No lose scenario for us.  I'd ask for OEL, their first and another top prospect.  We can throw someone in.

100 % right they really need that cornerstone superstar, we would get a king's ransom for Mathews if we were lucky enough to win the lottery, really hard call if the Jets would consider a trade or keep what could end up being an elite player.