Around the NHL

I think you guys forget that Garth Snow is kinda over a barrel here. His guy is demanding a trade, so the onus is on him to make something happen quick and put this behind them. But honestly, the Oilers need this too badly...I can't see anyone out-bidding them.

Yes I was thinking the Oilers are in a better position than we are for this trade. Maybe even the Flames and Nucks are in a better position.

Maybe the Oilers offer up Nail Yakapov and Justin Shulz, two players that may benefit with a change in scenery. 

ok, sorry...won't get the talks started.

By all accounts, Snow is asking for a King's ransom.

Id suspect that is true since he probably talked to Chevy about this in September.  And obviously no trades were made.  But if Hamonic has asked to be traded and is getting impatient then Snow might be over-playing his hand.

Im quite content with what Chevy got from Buffalo so I am confidence he will make the right trade...if he does make a trade.  But if Hamonic wants to be here, unless someone else blows our offers out of the water, he sort of has to get this done.

Ladd Trouba or Myers for Hamonic and Okposo is interesting. Hamonic is better than Myers and Trouba. On a long term very cap friendly deal. Ladd UFA. Okposo UFA.

Ladd, Myers for a 2nd, Hamonic and Barzal.

I know you have to give up something to get something but a big no to letting Meyers go for what the Islanders offer here.

I think your underestimating Meyers. I don't believe he's reached his full potential yet.

Ladd and Buff are absolutely going to be the first two things offered, in terms of O and D, but not sure it's either of them that go, if this trade happens. It's really going to be interesting to see how this deal gets done, and with which team. Everyone talking Oilers and Jets, for obvious reasons, but imagine it's something like Minnesota maybe? (Close to Winnipeg...) or Vancouver or Calgary even?? Can't wait to see this unfold...

Ladd and Buff are absolutely going to be the first two things offered, in terms of O and D, but not sure it's either of them that go, if this trade happens. It's really going to be interesting to see how this deal gets done, and with which team. Everyone talking Oilers and Jets, for obvious reasons, but imagine it's something like Minnesota maybe? (Close to Winnipeg...) or Vancouver or Calgary even?? Can't wait to see this unfold...

How much closer to St. Malo is Vancouver than New York?

I guess until we hear it from Hamonic we dont know.  But if he really wants to be as close to St Malo as possible, it seems odd to put Vancouver on his list of approved places...and like someone else said, Minnesota would make more sense than Vancouver.  Really, if his one driving concern is being close to St Malo, then he wants to play for the Jets. 

There was some speculation around that fact, that he wanted a trade to the Jets.  That would handcuff Snow severely though so the idea they are saying "western Canada" or "closer to home" gives Snow a little wiggle room.

And actually, just came across this from Peter Tessier:

Okay after texting and speaking to a few people I have learned this about the Hamonic scenario as it relates to Winnipeg.

The first request for a trade was made in the summer and that request was specifically to Winnipeg.

Jets have been in contact with Islanders about this

Hamonic's second choice is Alberta but Winnipeg is his preferred destination

One source explained that this is likely the reason there is no movement on Buff and Ladd deals- to many moving parts that may not be tied together affecting process.

Jets have had the inside track before other teams even knew

Snow will not make trade at any cost, trying to be accommodating but has to get right return.

Hamonic wants to move but knows he has to give more than one option.

Sara Orlesky         @saraorlesky

#NHLJets announce that they have assigned Nic Petan to the Moose.

Tait says been hearing the Isles asking for Little, Hellebuyck, Pick as part of the package and he says there is no way the Jets part with that.

Here's a trade suggestions from a fan (for fun):

Trouba, Comrie and 2016 2nd rd pick for Hamonic, Strome, 2016 1st rd and 2017 4th rd picks

If they want a goalie - Comrie

if they want dmen, which you would think they def want - Postma and Toby.

Also throwing in Petan. Sorry but Petan just does not have the legs IMHO.

I think Islanders would take Trouba straight up.

Ladd Trouba or Myers for Hamonic and Okposo is interesting. Hamonic is better than Myers and Trouba. On a long term very cap friendly deal. Ladd UFA. Okposo UFA.

Ladd, Myers for a 2nd, Hamonic and Barzal.

I know you have to give up something to get something but a big no to letting Meyers go for what the Islanders offer here.

I think your underestimating Meyers. I don't believe he's reached his full potential yet.

Hamonic is better than Myers and hasn't reached his potential either. We need a true shutdown D man.

Sara Orlesky         @saraorlesky

#NHLJets announce that they have assigned Nic Petan to the Moose.

Tait says been hearing the Isles asking for Little, Hellebuyck, Pick as part of the package and he says there is no way the Jets part with that.

Here's a trade suggestions from a fan (for fun):

Trouba, Comrie and 2016 2nd rd pick for Hamonic, Strome, 2016 1st rd and 2017 4th rd picks

If they want a goalie - Comrie

if they want dmen, which you would think they def want - Postma and Toby.

Also throwing in Petan. Sorry but Petan just does not have the legs IMHO.

I think Islanders would take Trouba straight up.

No way do I give up Toby for Hamonic. Talk about creating a problem in your lineup.

And actually, just came across this from Peter Tessier:

Okay after texting and speaking to a few people I have learned this about the Hamonic scenario as it relates to Winnipeg.

The first request for a trade was made in the summer and that request was specifically to Winnipeg.

Jets have been in contact with Islanders about this

Hamonic's second choice is Alberta but Winnipeg is his preferred destination

One source explained that this is likely the reason there is no movement on Buff and Ladd deals- to many moving parts that may not be tied together affecting process.

Jets have had the inside track before other teams even knew

Snow will not make trade at any cost, trying to be accommodating but has to get right return.

Hamonic wants to move but knows he has to give more than one option.

And Ryan Rishaug says Oilers have been working on a deal for Hamonic since September......

Tyler + Morrisey + pick or Stuart + Morrisey + pick

for Hamonik + pick ?

Why are we adding to myers?

Ya. Give up our only LHD prospect. Makes sense. I'd offer Myers or Buff plus B prospect ... if that's not enough... pass. We don't need Hamonic that bad.

This is a good point.  While the Jets would like to improve their D (what team wouldn't?), this fell into their laps & is an opportunity, not a necessity.

I'd take Hamonic in a second. If he was a LHD I'd offer more but he's a RHD and with Buff Trouba Myers already here unless you are gonna move buff or Myers for him... he's not a necessity at all. Is he an upgrade over myers? Defensively yes. Offensively no. Upgrade on buff? Same thing really. Trouba? Same thing.

It would be nice to have him for sure but we don't exactly need him. I don't think he makes a difference. Would I do myers or buff plus B prospect? Yup. More? Hell no.

If the Oilers land him, I hope they give up a lot because if they dont, Chevy will have to wear the goat horns.

Top 4 D? Check

Good contract? Check

Right age? Check

Local boy? Check

Wants to play here? Check

How often does that happen?

Right handed D man? Check.

How many RHD man do we need?