Around the NHL

Talk about hockey promotions in a hockey? market.

Florida Panthers - TSN BarDown staff;

As Canadians, we love our hockey. Something that translates to hockey tickets being in high demand all across the country, especially in cities with an NHL team. However, this isn't the case for a number of teams in the United States, which means that fans in markets where hockey is less popular tend to score incredible deals on tickets.

Take for example this holiday promotion being offered up by the Florida Panthers.

For the price of just $99, fans get two tickets to THREE games, two t-shirts, one autographed puck, a voucher for a post-game photo on-ice, two tickets to an amusement park, and presumably a 20 percent share in the team.

We're going to a game in Phoenix on Dec 31.  I can't remember who the Coyotes are playing.  Anyway, we're getting two tickets for $99 and they are throwing in two free beers, under their "Coors light" promotion.  But I am thinking we'll just get tickets off a scalper.  I don't know why there are hockey teams in these markets. It just makes no sense.

Ask Gary Bettman he knows all

Florida is a lost cause but major market. Arizona... the location of the arena is an issue. Perhaps if they were in Phoenix or Scottsdale it works but... the reason for both is cuz Miami eventho Florida plays in sunrise... like Selkirk to Winnipeg equivalent is a major US market. So is Phoenix eventho they play in Glendale... like Winnipeg to pretty much Gimli equivalent. Funny how both those teams struggle to draw crowds... maybe playing in the actual city they are targeting helps... instead of far away from them.

How's this

Myers Ladd Burmi for Hamonic and Brock Nelson.

I'd do it. If I could only sign 1 of Ladd or Buff it's Buff. He's the impact player. Ladd looks just awful

Wheeler gets the C. Scheif gets an A.

Nelson is from Warroad. He's pretty much local also. Very good player. Him with Ehlers on the third would be very good.

Trade Toby for a top 6 LW.

Buff Pardy

Trouba Hamonic

With Morrissey coming in the future

Could be worse. No Pardy isn't a number 1 D man but him and buff play well together

How's this

Myers Ladd Burmi for Hamonic and Brock Nelson.

I'd do it. If I could only sign 1 of Ladd or Buff it's Buff. He's the impact player. Ladd looks just awful

Wheeler gets the C. Scheif gets an A.

Nelson is from Warroad. He's pretty much local also. Very good player. Him with Ehlers on the third would be very good.

Trade Toby for a top 6 LW.

Buff Pardy

Trouba Hamonic

With Morrissey coming in the future

Could be worse. No Pardy isn't a number 1 D man but him and buff play well together

You play way to many hockey video games....

Why not trade Peluso straight up for Stamkos while we are at it! 

Another snip on the hamonic front, from Peter Tessier (Jets blogger):

IF you didn’t see my tweet from the weekend about Hamonic and the Jets here is the latest: Garth Snow asked for Trouba straight up. That comes from a source close to management who has never been wrong before.

The reports on the weekend were that Snow asked for TJ Brodie from Calgary and that was a ‘no’. So Snow is trying to drive the market up but seems to be getting stalled.

Interesting if true.

IF you didn’t see my tweet from the weekend about Hamonic and the Jets here is the latest: Garth Snow asked for Trouba straight up. That comes from a source close to management who has never been wrong before.

The reports on the weekend were that Snow asked for TJ Brodie from Calgary and that was a ‘no’. So Snow is trying to drive the market up but seems to be getting stalled.

Interesting if true.

keep_calm_and_fuggedaboutit_poster-rdffe

Interesting if true.

Not surprised about Trouba straight up. We lose 4 years of age. Maybe Meyers straight up?

I'm thinking they could get one of the big names out of EDM. Eberle is always the name that comes up.

Interesting if true.

Not surprised about Trouba straight up. We lose 4 years of age. Maybe Meyers straight up?

Lose 4 years of age but gain Hamonic in his later (prime) years on a really good contract.

I wouldn't make the trade as I think Trouba has more potential / upside than Hamonic, but Hamonic is on a really good deal.  It is a tough trade to make as the Islanders are going to want an overpay in return for that contract.

Problem is, everyone knows he pretty much has to trade him.  He could wait but so can everyone else.  Even at the deadline its not really a great deal because teams willing to give up good players dont want to do so at the deadline.  For what he wants, he needs to deal now or wait til the summer.

If its Trouba, Isles have to add something good.

Problem is, everyone knows he pretty much has to trade him.  He could wait but so can everyone else.  Even at the deadline its not really a great deal because teams willing to give up good players dont want to do so at the deadline.  For what he wants, he needs to deal now or wait til the summer.

If its Trouba, Isles have to add something good.

+3rd rounder?