Around the NHL

I'd think Edmonton would be interested.  They can afford to drop one of their younger skilled forwards (Eberle I'm looking at you), but what do the Islanders want?  Apparently, this has been in the works since the summer, but the Islanders haven't had any offers worth pulling the trigger on yet.

RHD. Harmonic, trouba, Myers is a heck of a right side.

Supposedly he wants to be closer to home but Edmonton Journal repeats oilers are front runners. Lawless says Wpg mentioned first in Dreger tweet not an accident.

When a local boy that good wants to come home you make the deal.

VERY affordable for a while, too.

I think you guys forget that Garth Snow is kinda over a barrel here. His guy is demanding a trade, so the onus is on him to make something happen quick and put this behind them. But honestly, the Oilers need this too badly...I can't see anyone out-bidding them.

Id hate to lose Myers but he might be the odd man out if they decide to resign buff but it's almost conditions. Imagine trading Myers and then buff walks.

Buff. Hamonic. Trouba. Strong RHD

I wonder if this talk of enstrom being shopped is related. Trade enstrom for Hamonic and resign buff. But someone has to play off side on the left for sure

Then send a package to philly for Schenn bros. Luke is a serviceable bottom LHD, no?

Islanders want a top 4 d in return. Edmonton isn't a front runner at all

Oh please...Nurse, Klefbom, Schultz.....any one of those could go back (but won't...) Oilers are THE front-runner, no question, because they have to be. They can't pass this up.