Around the NHL

Do you not get the difference between the bubble team Jets and the real contenders like the Rangers,Predators and Blues? 

Good god, it's like hitting my head on a brick wall here....

Oh those picks that were traded, how many were from bubble teams like the Jets or non playoff teams? How many were from the contenders? Theres the difference. 

They have traded multiple draft picks, they traded a 2nd rounder for Devin Setogucci, they traded a couple picks for Frolik, they traded a pick for Jay Harrison...

How is that any different than what other teams do? Because they haven't traded a first? Not many teams do actually trade their first round picks. 

You can admit to being wrong you know....especially when it is proven with your own words.

Eklund is never right, the Only team he is connected to is Philly and even then he's wrong 90 percent of the time. All Eklund rumors should probably not be posted unless someone more credible has posted them too.

I do see Hamonic ending up here tho, I really do... We don't need 3 Offensive D men, we need a shut down type, a d man who plays d  first, doesn't hurt that he's from here pretty much and doesn't hurt that he's a great guy who gives back big time. My guess is Hamonic will eventually be a JET.

The Tampa rumor is interesting since they do have a ton of young top 6 guys.. Drouin being one, Kucherov,Palat even... lots more actually. They would be a team to talk too, I could see Enstrom being shopped to Tampa for a top 6 guy... and then Myers going to NYI for Hamonic.

The Buff to Boston stuff has been talked about for ages now, It's Boston or Philly all the time... If something was gonna happen, it would have by now and no way in hell do i want Loui Friggin Eriksson as the center piece for a Buff deal... Boston adds, a bunch. 

Enstrom has a no-move contract.

They have traded multiple draft picks, they traded a 2nd rounder for Devin Setogucci, they traded a couple picks for Frolik, they traded a pick for Jay Harrison...

How is that any different than what other teams do? Because they haven't traded a first? Not many teams do actually trade their first round picks.

You can admit to being wrong you know....especially when it is proven with your own words.
Give me a list of those teams and we will see the difference between the jets and them. Jets are a bubble team playoff pretender. They have made it once for God's sake and were swept. I'll admit I'm wrong when you make a trade proposal that makes sense

Ottawa first to Anaheim. Part of Bobby Ryan trade

San Jose to Chicago. Swap of first rounders.

Isles to Rangers. Isles traded 2 seconds for pick 28.

Anaheim first to Vancouver as part of Kessler trade.

All of those picks besides Ottawa first were picks 20. 24. 27. 28.

20 and 27 were swapped.

Few more but once again outside of LA to Boston and Calgary to Boston. Lucic and Hamilton trades. The rest were late picks or a trade for a d man and a second round pick or once again picks basically 20 to 30 aka contenders. Or buffalo who had 3 firsts but Ottawa for lehner and one to the Jets.

Most these trades were done by the contenders. Jets won't trade their first until they are contenders too. It's tge same teams really trading late firsts for rentals every year. Jets aren't in those teams league yet

Give me a list of those teams and we will see the difference between the jets and them. Jets are a bubble team playoff pretender. They have made it once for God's sake and were swept. I'll admit I'm wrong when you make a trade proposal that makes sense

Exactly, which means tinker not rebuild. And I wouldn't call them playoff pretenders. Yes swept but they held their own for the most part. They're actually built (mostly), big, physical for a tough playoff run.

Talk about hockey promotions in a hockey? market.

Florida Panthers - TSN BarDown staff;

As Canadians, we love our hockey. Something that translates to hockey tickets being in high demand all across the country, especially in cities with an NHL team. However, this isn't the case for a number of teams in the United States, which means that fans in markets where hockey is less popular tend to score incredible deals on tickets.

Take for example this holiday promotion being offered up by the Florida Panthers.

For the price of just $99, fans get two tickets to THREE games, two t-shirts, one autographed puck, a voucher for a post-game photo on-ice, two tickets to an amusement park, and presumably a 20 percent share in the team.

Talk about hockey promotions in a hockey? market.

Florida Panthers - TSN BarDown staff;

As Canadians, we love our hockey. Something that translates to hockey tickets being in high demand all across the country, especially in cities with an NHL team. However, this isn't the case for a number of teams in the United States, which means that fans in markets where hockey is less popular tend to score incredible deals on tickets.

Take for example this holiday promotion being offered up by the Florida Panthers.

For the price of just $99, fans get two tickets to THREE games, two t-shirts, one autographed puck, a voucher for a post-game photo on-ice, two tickets to an amusement park, and presumably a 20 percent share in the team.

We're going to a game in Phoenix on Dec 31.  I can't remember who the Coyotes are playing.  Anyway, we're thinking of getting two tickets for $99 and they are throwing in two free beers, under their "Coors light" promotion.  But I am also thinking we'll just get tickets off a scalper.  I don't know why there are hockey teams in these markets. It just makes no sense.