Around the NHL

Toby makes more sense for CBJ actually than Ladd does

Yeah....tough to do that deal though.  D was a source of strength for the Jets but its sort of like everything else, they have some bodies but mostly lower pairing-level guys.  We'd be gutted on the LHD side if Toby was traded without a top pairing coming back.

Realistically, the Jets might just be going through something where a number of guys are under performing and if we ride it out, they should be better.  But Im curious as to why that is happening.  Guys go through slumps but there seems to be an issue with this team.  Coaching always gets looked at but its moot here because Maurice wont take any blame right now.  Is it the contract scenario with Ladd (and to a lesser extent Buff)?  Is it just the youth?  Is it that the Jets are a "good" team but playing in this division makes them look worse than they are?

Ladd for Johansen. ;)

You left out Toby, Stu, Petan and Peluso.

if they added a 1st, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Trade Myers and (Olsen or Lipon or De Leo or Lemieux) for Hamonic and we'd be in a lot better shape.

Trade that first and our first for a LHD.

Ehlers Johansen Little

Perrault Scheif Wheeler

Lowry Burmi Staf

Olsen Copp Armia?

Pardy Buff

Trade  Hamonic

Morrissey Trouba

Jets are high on Lemieux. They won't trade him. High on Lipon too. Won't be traded. Olsen? Maybe. De Leo? Doubtful.

As for Johansen or whatever... RYJO. We just got rid of an entitled prick from Vancouver. Why would we want another one? Seriously. RYJO lacks the character the Jets look for in players. Like it or not... he's not a fit and there's a reason CBJ would consider trading him. 6 million of them. He's not worth it.

Like how a name comes out and ppl say we should get him without even wondering why would CBJ trade him? Why would the Jets trade kane or bogo. Same reasons really. Just a different team. I don't go after RYJO. I stay far away from him actually

Jets are high on Lemieux. They won't trade him. High on Lipon too. Won't be traded. Olsen? Maybe. De Leo? Doubtful.

As for Johansen or whatever... RYJO. We just got rid of an entitled prick from Vancouver. Why would we want another one? Seriously. RYJO lacks the character the Jets look for in players. Like it or not... he's not a fit and there's a reason CBJ would consider trading him. 6 million of them. He's not worth it.

Like how a name comes out and ppl say we should get him without even wondering why would CBJ trade him? Why would the Jets trade kane or bogo. Same reasons really. Just a different team. I don't go after RYJO. I stay far away from him actually

Yesterday on H & L ,  I think it was Dreger that said that RYJO was extremely under performing and that he definitely isn't as good as what people make him out to be.

Ya, why would you want a 23 year old 60-70 point 1C when your team is struggling?

I have been saying Johansen would look great in a Jets uni for a while now....17 to 85 always said they wouldn't trade him and I was dreaming.....

I'd do the trade I said in a heartbeat to get Johansen.

Jets are high on a lot of players besides Lemieux and, really, if Lemieux makes it better than a 4th liner we are smiling.

I'd rather have Lipon.

Really irrelevant what any of us would do. It's what would the Jets do. Jets have made it pretty clear they prefer high character players with a strong work ethic. RYJO has huge character flaws and is playing 4th line cuz he's out of shape. Jets won't touch him. 6 million to qualify a guy playing 4th line who wants to play in a big market. Think talking about him is totally pointless.

Hamonic? Sure. But guys like RYJO who would require a massive overpayment... no thanks. Pass. Too many character issues there. Why is Columbus willing to possibly trade him? Because he's not worth the hastle

Character issues. Don't need players like that

I am not familar with him.  What character issues?

All I see is a very talented, high scoring player with size and ability.

He had a tough contract negotiation, but that's not a sign of poor character. There aren't many players on our team I wouldn't give up to get him.  The only concern I'd have with him is how much he'd cost to keep when his new deal comes up and if we're willing to pay.

I like Ducky's comparison of Torts to Keenan. He likes having a whipping boy.

Ladd for Johansen. ;)

You left out Toby, Stu, Petan and Peluso.

if they added a 1st, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Trade Myers and (Olsen or Lipon or De Leo or Lemieux) for Hamonic and we'd be in a lot better shape.

Trade that first and our first for a LHD.

Ehlers Johansen Little

Perrault Scheif Wheeler

Lowry Burmi Staf

Olsen Copp Armia?

Pardy Buff

Trade Hamonic

Morrissey Trouba

That lineup wouldn't win 25 games.

Its not that bad.  But thats the issue with trading Ladd and Buff.  They are top line winger and top pair D.  How do you replace that?  Hamonic helps for sure.  But Ladd?  We're already weak on LW.  Ladd might "deserve" more just because it's Winnipeg.  But I wonder if we could get a top six LW in free agency.  There are some interesting names, many of whom wont be interested in Winnipeg.  Kopitar, Staal, Lucic etc.

And its why they *must* have contracts by the deadline or be traded.  It doesnt matter where the Jets are in the standings.  You cant lose them for nothing. 

Character issues. Don't need players like that

I am not familar with him.  What character issues?

All I see is a very talented, high scoring player with size and ability.

He had a tough contract negotiation, but that's not a sign of poor character. There aren't many players on our team I wouldn't give up to get him.  The only concern I'd have with him is how much he'd cost to keep when his new deal comes up and if we're willing to pay.

I like Ducky's comparison of Torts to Keenan. He likes having a whipping boy.

Probably take 7.5 over 7 or 8 to sign him but he is a RFA at the end of this contract....

Mr. Hockey seems to think he has character issues and someone else said Dreger was calling him down but I listened to that H and L and nobody was calling out his play....Dreger mentioned he was put down to the 4th line for 2 periods and he scored a goal on that line....

I'd give Scheif and a 1st for him if he re-signed but would rather give up other assets. He's only 23 years old and 6'  3" and about 225. Great size for a 1C.

Its not that bad. But thats the issue with trading Ladd and Buff. They are top line winger and top pair D. How do you replace that? Hamonic helps for sure. But Ladd? We're already weak on LW. Ladd might "deserve" more just because it's Winnipeg. But I wonder if we could get a top six LW in free agency. There are some interesting names, many of whom wont be interested in Winnipeg. Kopitar, Staal, Lucic etc.

And its why they *must* have contracts by the deadline or be traded. It doesnt matter where the Jets are in the standings. You cant lose them for nothing.

It really is that bad. 3 guys who are struggling in the AHL in Olsen, Armia and Morrissey get forced into the lineup. Ehlers is on the top line based on what, I'm not sure. Burmi is the third line center so forget about that line scoring. Our #1 center has been pushed out to the wing in favor of a guy with two good seasons on his resume. It's a total joke. I don't understand the fan obsession with forcing prospects into the lineup. We should be making it as hard as possible for rookies to break in, not gifting spots to guys with 7 career AHL points.

LOL Mr Hockey... gimme a break, because i don't see the point in talking about a player who won't end up here?

I mean really, MOAB is the guy on the bomber page on this site that wants to make every trade possible, is that Ducky in disguise? I mean, c'mon man, be realistic here..

Center isn't even a big problem for us... RYJO, might be nice to have for sure but it won't happen so i don't really see the need to go on about him.

He's about as realistic as trading for OEL, why would Arizona trade their only real D men who actually fits in with the youth on their team? It just makes no sense.

Fantasy trades are fun to talk about but eventually a little bit of reality needs to come in to play... RYJO, OEL... I'd be willing to bet just about anything that those 2... THEY AREN'T COMING HERE... well, they will but only when Arizona and whoever RYJO gets traded to comes here. They aren't gonna be Jets EVER. 

Character Issues are things such as not wanting to sign with a small market team, there is lots of talk about him wanting to play in a big market, he's another entitled player, Would i like to have him here? Sure but, reality probably is he wouldn't sign an extension here, he would become an RFA and bolt to a big market city. These rumors have been around since the guy held out to get his contract with CBJ. 

Plus, Theres no way i'd be willing to give up what it would take to get him. 

I really don't think Center is our biggest need at the moment either, if he was a top paring LHD or  top line LW, sure but our center position is actually one of strength with Little, who is massively under rated, which I don't get ,Scheif, who for some reason is once again being under rated, RyJo would be a nice piece if he was willing to sign here but he's more than likely not... 

What would people give up to get him? Scheif, Ehlers, Trouba? Cuz I wouldn't and i doubt the Jets would either.

You aren't gonna get him for UFAs to be like Buff and Ladd, you wouldn't give him for much older Toby, you wouldn't get him for really anything on the roster not named Scheif,Trouba and Ehlers. It's just not worth it for a guy who is craving a big market. 

If this is all it is (and I don't at all know if it is), I wouldn't call this a character issue.  People are allowed to have their own preferences on where and what type of city they would like to live in.  Having a preference for something other than where you are currently isn't a character issue.

It's one of many, he showed up to camp this year out of shape, he held out for more money after having 1 good year... theres plenty more. I just don't see the point in getting in to all of them, anybody want to know... just look it up really, google is our friend.