Around the NHL

Was he playing this many minutes against the other  teams top lines? I don't think he was. I read something somewhere that had a bunch of numbers of who he played with the most and what line he played against the most. If I remember correctly, he was playing with Lowry, Staf and Burmi while partnered with Stu the most.

I still think Hamonic for Myers starts a really serious discussion whether Snow started with Trouba or not....where you expect him to start??? Chiarot?

I dunno. How much money does trouba want. The way he's playing.... not much. Hamonic comes cheap.... would definitely sign here when contract is up. I'd Def do myers for Hamonic but depending what the isles would add... I'd consider trouba too. Not sure I'd turn down Hamonic plus Strome or Nelson for Trouba.

It's nothing against Trouba... it's just he's regressed pretty huge since zach got traded. No doubt it's linked somewhat.

Id trade Myers for Hamonic straight up.

Another thing, Lowry and Trouba aren't doing much for negotiations for their next contract......neither is Hutch really.

Lowry 2 years at 2 per year and Trouba 2 years at 2.8-3.0 per year.

Hutch 2 years at 1.2 per year.

I would try to lock Scheifele up for 8 years at 5 per year.

Something like:

before the season started I would have thought Trouba was going to get the longer contract and the rest would get bridge deals but Scheifele has been the only one that has showed enough to warrant a longer contract.

I heard talk that Trouba's agent will be asking for big time dollars. As an RFA he doesn't have a ton of leverage but you never know with an American player if he will try to hold out.

Why does this apply more to an American player?

Maybe it doesn't. But if I had to guess Id say an American player developed through the American system having never played junior, might be more apt to feel he should pick his destination. And a place like Winnipeg might seem more foreign. Perhaps not.

Do you go long term or bridge....I'd sign him long term. He has steadily improved every year and should top out around 60ish points a year. I'd offer him 40m over 8 years today (if you can?).

I can see him wearing the "C" or at least an "A" one day. After Stu is gone, I think Scheif gets the "A".