Around the NHL

That Abdelkader deal can't help Chevy's negotiations. The guy is nearing 30 and has ONE 40 point season. Christ, Holland would've given Ladd $7M/year....

Actually kinda helps Chevy deal for Abdelkader is 4,25 mil. who is 28. Don't know if Ladd will resign as the Jets cant pay him for past performance, he will be 30 in a month and is looking for term

Jacobs has a lot of power. He's the chairman of the board. It's not really up to me to dictate how the NHL runs their business. But the article you linked also mentioned how Bettman essentially combatted Jacobs by pushing Vegas

Bettman has a lot of power and sway with the executive. Which is one of the reasons the Jets are back.

Who do we add cuz no way Philly does that...

Burmi plus Postma might be enough. Or Chiarot

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.I still think that the way Burmi has been handed a job has hurt our team chemistry.

I'd add Postma but Chiarot showed something last year and this year in pre-season and I'm not willing to give up on him yet. He has got to get in gear though.

LOL. No they don't, they definitely need a top 4 LHD or 2 even but RW? I don't think so

Wheeler,Ehlers,Stafford. That's fine. RW is not the issue, the team D is the issue, the systems are the issue... Maurice needs to go back to what worked last year cuz it's pretty obvious it's not working this year...

LOL. No they don't, they definitely need a top 4 LHD or 2 even but RW? I don't think so

Wheeler,Ehlers,Stafford. That's fine. RW is not the issue, the team D is the issue, the systems are the issue... Maurice needs to go back to what worked last year cuz it's pretty obvious it's not working this year...

My mistake.  I meant LW!  lol  I think unless Ladd plays above what most people expect of him (which to be fair, he has the last couple of years), we are pretty weak on the LW).

We are weak on the left side for sure... but do have some interesting prospects in the future like Kyle Connor... The Right Side is actually pretty strong, guys like Armia even, Lipon in a 4th line role, Roslovic i believe can play Center or the Right Side...

Ladd is a slow starter, has been since he has been a JET really, comparing his numbers from the last several years, he's at the pace he normally is at this point... hard to believe I know but pretty much bang on to his point production after 18 games the last several years...

I think the Jets making the playoffs last year has set expectations a little unreasonably high this year... 

Losing Frolik? Sucks but he's not the reason we are struggling, my friend said yeah 7 0 loss to Nashville, good thing they let Frolik go (he didn't want to be here) but... My response was basicallly, yup, instead of 7 0 it would have been 6 0.

Jets as a team just look like they are lost, Maurice altered the system from last year a bit and needs to get back to what worked last year... The D is pinching too much, when they all do it, it's not on the player, it's on the system, the system is telling them to do that, could they pinch at better times? sure but... 

One player doesn't make a difference, altho i'd suspect the goaltending be awful isn't helping... if one position does make a difference, it's the goaltending... Hutch is 915 save percentage, not bad but not top of the league like last year for a stretch, Pav is 901.. that's ugly and back to his career average.

I guess this is what happens when PAV has a career year last year, he has come back down to reality this year... the reality we are used to seeing from him, I'm not blaming Pav or Hutch, but... 901 save percentage by PAV is not good enough. 

Over the course of a season the Save Percentage will tell the story.  I dont think either goalie has played down to that stat yet though.

I predicted the Jets missing the playoffs this year as they took one step back to take two steps forward with youth.  So Im not surprised.  But Im disappointed in how poorly they have played.  Playing hard and well and losing to better teams is one thing.  Not playing up to their own ability or effort is something else.

And not playing well spotlights the Ladd & Buff situation a lot.