Around the NHL

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

TIL n***** baby okay on this forum. D.o.u.c.h.e however, not an acceptable term. 

I believe that post was deleted.  And the filtering thing is a bit over-zealous.  If I recall, some words are automatic and Mods have to actively go in and remove them.  Cant remember the "D" word being used so often it warranted that.  I've used a couple of words in innocuous ways that have been filtered.  ****** maybe?  Yup, S word rhyming with catch (and meaning the same thing in some contexts). lol

Edited by The Unknown Poster

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I believe that post was deleted.  And the filtering thing is a bit over-zealous.  If I recall, some words are automatic and Mods have to actively go in and remove them.  Cant remember the "D" word being used so often it warranted that.  I've used a couple of words in innocuous ways that have been filtered.  ****** maybe?  Yup, S word rhyming with catch (and meaning the same thing in some contexts). lol

In hindsight, this was something that I wrote and hit "submit reply" without really thinking it over.

Unnecessary ****-stirring on my part.  No disrespect intended. 

2 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

I might get to see more Vegas games than Jets games unfortunately as I'm sure the hotels on the Strip will have tickets available. Maybe include them in a package deal. Meanwhile in QC, the air just went out of their balloon.

We were just talking about this in the office actually.  Im not a big fan of Vegas in the winter but assuming there will be packages available for Canadians that include NHL tickets, I will do it for sure.  Would be a fun experience.  I love Vegas so Im excited and looking forward to it.  I think Vegas will be successful, maybe not in the traditional sense, but I think its going to be good.

1 minute ago, iso_55 said:

The atmosphere will be strange in the arena. I think there'll be more out of town fans who will cheer for the visiting team than home.

That's what I think too. It will always have an odd atmosphere.

I'm certain that there will be a lot of corporate season tickets that will be dispersed widely. You'll never know who will be in the seat.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

That's what I think too. It will always have an odd atmosphere.

I'm certain that there will be a lot of corporate season tickets that will be dispersed widely. You'll never know who will be in the seat.

other than hotels, what corporations? Counting Cars? ;)

1 minute ago, iso_55 said:

The atmosphere will be strange in the arena. I think there'll be more out of town fans who will cheer for the visiting team than home.

Thats very true.  Similar to Coyotes.  But Vegas has 14,000 season ticket deposits so they might have a fan base though probably with cheaper tickets due to the Vegas economy.   New people every game.  Might be tough for the players.  I bet its very popular for the first few years with lots of local support though.  it will be "cool" for awhile.

3 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

other than hotels, what corporations? Counting Cars? ;)

If I'm a big corporation, not even necessarily centered in Las Vegas, but have a presence, I would be scooping up a pair of tickets for clients and staff. Always someone going to Vegas.

Plus Counting Cars and Gold & Silver Pawn Shop!

the 1290 guys were talking about the "hate Winnipeg" thing this morning and I really think its over blown.  Sure, Winnipeg is on most no trade lists but if you have to provide 10+ teams why wouldnt it be?  9 other teams are on the list too.  I think its really over blown.  Guys have to play somewhere and 400 players can play for New York or Florida or Phx.

Really, every player should want to play in Florida due to no State sales tax and great weather but they dont.  Some players want to be in New York or Toronto, some dont want the big city thing.  Every team has pros and cons and every team has a player who didnt like it and players who did.

I think Winnipeg has universally (almost) been liked by the players that spend time here. 

If anything, its the influence of family that makes the difference.  If you're young and want to chase tail and get drunk, sure maybe you want a better night life.  But most players are focused on hockey and training and playing.  Traveling most of the year and during off-season and Christmas breaks they "go home" or on vacation anyway.  Its the wife being bored that can be an issue.  Then again, you have kids and you want a decent school that is pretty safe and are treated well in the community.

Jets hired Trouba's brother and signed one of his buddies.  They took his family on a tour of the city.  Even had Chipman's daughter take him to Swift concert.  They've done everything to make him comfortable.  So either he plays his best as a pro and sucks it up or he lets the Jets figure out the best value.  Either way, Trouba has limited options.  But then again, he might love it here...and simply want to get paid.