Around the NHL

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Cody Hodgson on waivers - I'd snag him, cheap and better than Halischuk

All I heard when he was with the Canucks was what a drama queen he is, sounds like a guy with a lot of talent and also a lot of off-ice problems.  I expect him to disappear and then I'll flip on TSN next Christmas and see that he's playing in the Spengler Cup for HC Davos.  That's the only reason I watch the Spengler Cup, to play "Where are they now".  Derek Roy was the big surprise this year, I thought he was still somewhere in the NHL.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Stay away far far away from Hodgson, He's a huge drama queen and I suppose Chipman and Heisinger would know more about him than we do seeing as tho he did play on the Original moose. Honestly, I don't think he is better than Halischuk. Halischuk is really under rated, he's a good pro. He's a guy that gives you all he has every shift he has. Hodgson does not. There is a reason he's on waivers. 

Kopitar is a franchise player tho, that's how things are going... You will see more deals like that for the actual superstars and Kopitar is one, he's actually better than Toews in my opinion but doesn't get much fanfare. I'd say it's a fair deal for Kopitar. Him are Doughty are the face of that franchise. 

32 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Kopitar is a franchise player tho, that's how things are going... You will see more deals like that for the actual superstars and Kopitar is one, he's actually better than Toews in my opinion but doesn't get much fanfare. I'd say it's a fair deal for Kopitar. Him are Doughty are the face of that franchise. 

I guess as a fan where I'm frustrated having a great deal of emotion tied to this team is the challenge of retaining/signing certain players with 2-4 year deals. For example, some people know I'm a huge huge Buff fan but even I know it's not prudent to sign him for anything over a two to three year deal. But based on what I've seen of late in sports he seems to be in the driver seat knowing that another team will more than likely sign him to a longer term deal to get that 2-3 year production out of him. I get that these players need to look after themselves and their families but still remains frustrating as a fan.

2 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

His cap hit is already around $7M, so it won't be that hard to fit it in. 

Looking at the Kings' cap situation, is Dustin Brown's contract ever ugly...

wow is it ever!

5.875m per year until 2022!!!

I honestly think we can do better with 36 over 6 years than Ladd, hurt or not.  Trade him now, start the tank.

On 1/13/2016 at 3:12 PM, bustamente said:

That Dustin Brown contract is gonna hurt for a long time half a season and has 14 points in 42 games.

I can't believe the Kings did that kind of contract for Brown.  He's a good leader, I guess, but not much of a point producer.  Last season his wife was on "Hockey Wives" and she definitely doesn't get the reality that is most players' lives in the NHL.  Brown has definitely lead a charmed NHL life compared to players with similar talent to him.