Ian Wild Signs With Bombers.

voodoochylde

I like the signing. How does he fit though? Bass-Hurl-Leggett, who does he replace? Do we go 3-4?

They will bump Shell back to the bench and move Leggett back to safety. I suspect this week though Wild will be in the IR.

Not that easy...who plays SAM?  I can't see Bass, Hurl, Simmons or Wild playing SAM. 

Can Ian play OL or receiver?

Cant ignore upgrades at other positions because of a hole in another area. Cut of our nose to spite our face. If there was a turn key OL that would make a strong impact for us and was available we'd a made that deal all ready. I also dont think wr is a problem at all. we have tons of talent, but the worst run pro offense ive ever seen in any league. (including AFL2 etc)

I wonder if this will push us further to a 3-4. We are really stacked at LB now. If it does, id love to see a traditional 3-4 NT come in.

Walters sure is active after the rumors came out yesterday.  Wonder what this means, if anything... 

Agree. The Guelph job is a job for life move. And free education for the kids?? Not much to contemplate.

IMO....I'm guessing we're looking for another GM.

Hope Walters stacks the Bombers before/if he leaves.

BOD Breaking News. Bellefuelle will bereleased from his OC job and become Bombers new GM.

I know that applies to NCAA management/coaches but I've never heard of that for CIS staff.

Can Ian play OL or receiver?

Cant ignore upgrades at other positions because of a hole in another area. Cut of our nose to spite our face. If there was a turn key OL that would make a strong impact for us and was available we'd a made that deal all ready. I also dont think wr is a problem at all. we have tons of talent, but the worst run pro offense ive ever seen in any league. (including AFL2 etc)

I wonder if this will push us further to a 3-4. We are really stacked at LB now. If it does, id love to see a traditional 3-4 NT come in.

I would respectfully have to disagree on receivers. We have a serviceable lot but no serious deep threat. No serious yac yards threat. Also, we seem to have the absolute worst set of receivers for coming back to the ball/helping out the QB when he is in trouble. If you watch other teams as well on hitch screens, end arounds, and just about any other wide play many of them get great blocking from their receivers we ... Don't. granted that may be an OC thing but it has been an issue for the last two coaches so I have my doubts. We can win with what we have but we absolutely must keep on looking to upgrade. For the life of me I cannot figure out why we passed on Sinopoli in FA. That was a no brainer to replace/upgrade from losing Watson and our Canuck pool.

Sinopoli is from Ottawa. He was going there no matter what and seriously. .. I think its the way MB uses our players as opposed to the players themselves. Hitch to Denmark is a great example of not using Denmarks strengths. Square pegs in round holes. Denmark moore and Kohlert are all pretty Damn good but aren't being used to their strengths. JFG and Kohlert for that matter are 2 guys in the league this year with no drops. They aren't used enough or properly

So you blame not coming back to the ball and a general lack of blocking by receivers on MB? They are a serviceable lot and you can win with them but standing pat and not looking to improve is a flat out mistake. There is room for improvement beyond the play calling.

I like the signing. How does he fit though? Bass-Hurl-Leggett, who does he replace? Do we go 3-4?

They will bump Shell back to the bench and move Leggett back to safety. I suspect this week though Wild will be in the IR.

What happens when Randle comes back?  I think Hurl has become a tradeable asset, try and get a player to help the O for him and use Sherman, Briggs and Waggoner as the backup or rotational LB's.

What happens when Randle comes back?  I think Hurl has become a tradeable asset, try and get a player to help the O for him and use Sherman, Briggs and Waggoner as the backup or rotational LB's.

Randle is done for the season.

So you blame not coming back to the ball and a general lack of blocking by receivers on MB? They are a serviceable lot and you can win with them but standing pat and not looking to improve is a flat out mistake. There is room for improvement beyond the play calling.

I dont think coming back to the ball is an issue when you dont throw deep balls several games in a row. Even intermediate routes where out the window. While i think our talent is good at wr, if there are upgrades available id take em.  I dont think you limit your self to positions of need when scouting americans, take the best of whats familiar. 

I dont think coming back to the ball is an issue when you dont throw deep balls several games in a row. Even intermediate routes where out the window. While i think our talent is good at wr, if there are upgrades available id take em.  I dont think you limit your self to positions of need when scouting americans, take the best of whats familiar. 

I think you're wrong. Moore is a good receiver, Denmark can be but he's pretty invisible these days, Adams has been putting way way too many passes on the turf so what good is he? Veltung is a rookie who shows some promise but isn't at the level we need yet, the Canadians are OK but not really threats, more of the solid but unspectacular that you can't really lean on types. We need Moore to stay healthy and add at least one more big time consistent threat.