Ian Wild Signs With Bombers.

voodoochylde

So you blame not coming back to the ball and a general lack of blocking by receivers on MB? They are a serviceable lot and you can win with them but standing pat and not looking to improve is a flat out mistake. There is room for improvement beyond the play calling.

I dont think coming back to the ball is an issue when you dont throw deep balls several games in a row. Even intermediate routes where out the window. While i think our talent is good at wr, if there are upgrades available id take em.  I dont think you limit your self to positions of need when scouting americans, take the best of whats familiar. 

I think you're wrong. Moore is a good receiver, Denmark can be but he's pretty invisible these days, Adams has been putting way way too many passes on the turf so what good is he? Veltung is a rookie who shows some promise but isn't at the level we need yet, the Canadians are OK but not really threats, more of the solid but unspectacular that you can't really lean on types. We need Moore to stay healthy and add at least one more big time consistent threat. 

Maybe this guy? 

Bombers add receiver Kevin Cone. >> http://ow.ly/Swze9 

I like Wild better than Simmons... but I really don't like releasing good talent... there's gotta be a way to get them all involved...

Remember Calgary tried to trade him too and no one bites, that's why they released him.

Yeah I know how the CFL works.... which is why I clearly stated my preference was to keep him, not release/trade him...

So you blame not coming back to the ball and a general lack of blocking by receivers on MB? They are a serviceable lot and you can win with them but standing pat and not looking to improve is a flat out mistake. There is room for improvement beyond the play calling.

I dont think coming back to the ball is an issue when you dont throw deep balls several games in a row. Even intermediate routes where out the window. While i think our talent is good at wr, if there are upgrades available id take em.  I dont think you limit your self to positions of need when scouting americans, take the best of whats familiar. 

I think you're wrong. Moore is a good receiver, Denmark can be but he's pretty invisible these days, Adams has been putting way way too many passes on the turf so what good is he? Veltung is a rookie who shows some promise but isn't at the level we need yet, the Canadians are OK but not really threats, more of the solid but unspectacular that you can't really lean on types. We need Moore to stay healthy and add at least one more big time consistent threat. 

Maybe this guy? 

Bombers add receiver Kevin Cone. >> http://ow.ly/Swze9 

Gotta like his tangibles. Listed as 6'3 216 in the nfl. lots of rave reviews about how football smart he is, how fast and athletic he is and that he has sure hands. And for a guy with not great college production who went un drafted to stick in the nfl with as many teams as he did its gotta be an amazing skill set. Hope he can get in some games and show what hes got. Can never have enough explosive big targets around.

When Simmons was signed, we had no guarantees that Wild or Muamba would return, so it was a smart move at the time. Moreover, in his limited playing time, Simmons appeared to play pretty well, so the optimism about him was justified. I would bet he will not be unemployed too long.

When Simmons was signed, we had no guarantees that Wild or Muamba would return, so it was a smart move at the time. Moreover, in his limited playing time, Simmons appeared to play pretty well, so the optimism about him was justified. I would bet he will not be unemployed too long.

Lions might take a look at him.

I dunno if he played well or not, obviously not if they decided to release him. I think when breaking down the special teams film, they probably saw that simmons was dogging it out there, I think his release has nothing to do with wild coming and everything to do with his lackluster play. What did he have? 1 tackle? Not sure that's exactly what they were expecting from him. 

I think if anything this kind of proves that Calgary wasn't playing him for a reason and that reason was he wasn't good enough. 

#Bombers announce the release of International linebacker Jasper Simmons and the signing of International linebacker Ian Wild through 2017.

Well, that worked out well for Simmons & his agent. The Bombers have now prevented Simmons from feeding his family. Cue the hateful tweets a' comin'.

How are the Bombers preventing him from feeding his family? He is free to sign a contract elsewhere. If he is good enough there will be takers.

Not now, with Curran signing on.

Not now, with Curran signing on.

Agree. My post was earlier than the news about Curran.

Does Wild go back to being our long-snapper right away?

No.

But given that Wild can long snap .. it also raises the question of whether or not we need to roster both Cronk and Rempel on game day .. and frankly, I'd have no issues dropping Cronk from the game day roster ..

And replacing him with who? Ratio still comes into play unless I'm mistaken and Cronk is actually an american but I don't believe that is the case. 

If we get Muamba I think we will have the best backers in the CFL now. Bass and Wild will be two of the best WLB in the league and Muamba and Hurl will be great depth at a Canadian ratio breaking position for us.

Now if we could just get a good American DE opposite of Westerman we would be set