Bombers @ Montreal Alouettes

Atomic

Huge game.  Montreal looks like they will be the Bombers' main competition for the final playoff spot.

CPRSMBt_Uw_AEyj_MO.jpg

Sergio Castillo is on the roster.  I'm guessing the two healthy scratches will be Selvish Capers and D. Johnson, with Castillo coming on as the punter.

Nick Moore out.  Justin Veltung in.

For the first time in awhile we are not dressing a backup American defensive back.  Risky.

Big game for Nichols here in Bomberland. If Nichols falters and the Al's beat us things will get ugly for the poor guy might quick. I just hope the good folks remember that 1 - Montreal has a great defense and 2 - this is only Nichols second start and second full week of practice. A poor showing today is no indicative of who he is. And he is, by far, our best choice as a backup to Willy and he is not a full time #1 guy. 

Big game for Nichols here in Bomberland. If Nichols falters and the Al's beat us things will get ugly for the poor guy might quick. I just hope the good folks remember that 1 - Montreal has a great defense and 2 - this is only Nichols second start and second full week of practice. A poor showing today is no indicative of who he is. And he is, by far, our best choice as a backup to Willy and he is not a full time #1 guy.

Game is tomorrow.

Nichols played Montreal earlier this season (although didn't play very well) and won so that gives me a level of comfort.

Interesting that Castillo is activated, putting heat on LH. And what's with Moore? He was on video yesterday - saying he will play. This will be a good test between teams that look evenly matched. Can Bombers produce Banjo Bowl levels of enthusiasm and effort - especially from ST and D? Nichols has the leadership to instill a bit of confidence in the O, it seems, but I'd gameplan to run run run the football. Looking forward to watching this game on TV. 

If we can shut down the Montreal O which is doable I think then e can win this game. I don't like the Als qbs... Not a Jonathan Crompton fan, Marsh just sucks & I think we have figured out how to defend Cato. Our offense will have to counter everything Noel Thorpe throws at us. 

Our revamped O line might struggle a bit against this team.

Can Nichols get passes out quickly to somebody? hope so.

Huge game.  Montreal looks like they will be the Bombers' main competition for the final playoff spot.

CPRSMBt_Uw_AEyj_MO.jpg

Sergio Castillo is on the roster.  I'm guessing the two healthy scratches will be Selvish Capers and D. Johnson, with Castillo coming on as the punter.

Nick Moore out.  Justin Veltung in.

For the first time in awhile we are not dressing a backup American defensive back.  Risky.

Penton tweeted this out

Sergio Castillo won't be dressing for the #Bombers tomorrow.

Castillo and Capers look to be the scratches which means we're dressing 7 Dlineman.  I think we can expect a healthy dose of Mtl's run game.  Not expecting our O to really dominate time of possession so our D might be grinding it out on the field quite a bit.  I like this roster for that reason.  Both offences are struggling...this will likely be a defensive battle.  A bit shocked by Castillo coming on to the 46...but it gets him a game cheque and maybe sends a bit of a message to Lirim after he had arguably his worst game as a BB in the Banjo Bowl.  For the first time this year, I'm impressed with what appears to be strategic thinking from MOS and his coaching staff...

If we can shut down the Montreal O which is doable I think then e can win this game. I don't like the Als qbs... Not a Jonathan Crompton fan, Marsh just sucks & I think we have figured out how to defend Cato. Our offense will have to counter everything Noel Thorpe throws at us. 

Tweeted to MB. Tweeted back his butt was on fire. How relevant is that?

:)

Game time soon. With the loss by Hamilton and the win by Ottawa - Montreal needs this game as much as us. It could be game of the week (Edm / Ham was a dog of epic proportions - didn't see the B.C./Cal Ott/Sask Game). It should be game of the week.

Montreal can afford to lose the game, we can't.  

In any sport I've played, or for that matter, in any event I've participated in, I've always known the significance of the event I was in. And that was amateur stuff. These guys are professionals. Saying that they are in "playoff mode" does not make it any more so. Game preparation? Yes. Talk preparation? That's radio show stuff.