Practice report September 18

gbill2004

The Bigger question is why only 10 Minutes on Scrimmage it doesn't seem enough to me especially for a struggling Offence with an New QB ???

That was more my point, in a 10 min. scrimmage Nichols is only in there for 5 minutes. How does any QB establish timing with RB's and receivers in that amount of time?

Do you think this was the only practice this week?

This was the third practice this week.

The Bigger question is why only 10 Minutes on Scrimmage it doesn't seem enough to me especially for a struggling Offence with an New QB ???

That was more my point, in a 10 min. scrimmage Nichols is only in there for 5 minutes. How does any QB establish timing with RB's and receivers in that amount of time?

Do you think this was the only practice this week?

This was the third practice this week.

I know dat

Gbill, did Newman practiced this morning?

He was definitely there but can't remember if he had his helmet on or not. So not sure if he was fully practicing as I didn't pay much attention to him.

Addisson Richards is funny to watch. He just walks around with his massive fro, doing nothing and doesn't talk to anyone. lol

Looks like we'll make a minimal change on the 44 this week, which should be good.

If Moore can't go, Veltung is in. Otherwise no change in the Offense. Veltung might still come in to the 46 though just in case Moore is a gametime decision.

If Newman can't go, we need an extra Cdn on the 44, so it's probably either Richardson or Brown (for ST).

He was definitely there but can't remember if he had his helmet on or not. So not sure if he was fully practicing as I didn't pay much attention to him.

Addisson Richards is funny to watch. He just walks around with his massive fro, doing nothing and doesn't talk to anyone. lol

Grew back quick cuz he shaved it a couple months back.

Grew back quick cuz he shaved it a couple months back.
Yep it's huge again.

I watched practice with Drew on the Thursday before the Banjo Bowl from the press box and he told me at that time that he was about 3 weeks away from returning. Told me his knee is healing well. I asked him what the chances were that he returns this season...he said 100% and it'll be sooner rather than later.

Hope that is legit.

I watched practice with Drew on the Thursday before the Banjo Bowl from the press box and he told me at that time that he was about 3 weeks away from returning. Told me his knee is healing well. I asked him what the chances were that he returns this season...he said 100% and it'll be sooner rather than later.

Hope that is legit.
Ya I took it as legit the first time, but reading it again, I think the guy might be trolling.

Nick Moore is practicing with helmet on at start of practice.

Willy doing some mental reps behind the QBs. He's walking much better than when I saw him walking just last week at the Banjo Bowl.

Overheard Matt Nichols and JFG talking about which Winnipeg restaurant has the hottest waitresses.

And more importantly which Winnipeg Resturant is it ?
Yeah, come on we all want this info too...
Sorry guys I didn't hear the end of their convo.

So, exactly why are you going to the practices? If we want football information we will read Mike, lets remind you your job is to get us the e-talk info and not only the teaser stuff!!!!!

:)  :)  :)

Seemed like a light practice...lots of joking around. 

Today was mostly dedicated to special teams. And it was a short practice, only 70 minutes total.

Pretty much sums up the problem...

The team is letting the fans know that the fat lady has begun to sing. What we see from the outside and at a distance, they see up close and often, so they have given up. They will go through the motions, maybe pay for their jobs but none of them are planning on what to spend their playoff bonuses on. Sad times once more in Bomberland and the broadcast commentators are saying it out loud now.

Dropped balls and over throws are not on the coaches. The lack of talent is not on the coaches. It's so easy to blame a coach.. scapegoat mentality really but what can a coach do when receivers drop passes and qbs over throw guys. The team didn't quit. They actually had more first downs time of possession and yards than Montreal did. The D didn't quit. The O didn't quit,they just weren't good. Special teams is an issue but O'sheas resume says he's a good special teams coach... played it and coached it. It tells me it's a lack of talent. Fire the coach? I wouldn't. I'd be looking at the GM right now. That lack of talent is on him and our scouts

The score was 29-3 at the half? Stop thinking that second half garbage stats mean anything when the game was clearly in the books. Players clearly weren't happy that they were leaving Montreal right after the game and revolted.

So you're saying they wanted more time at Club Super Sex? It looked like they spent enough time there on Saturday night.

Hope that is legit.
Ya I took it as legit the first time, but reading it again, I think the guy might be trolling.

Not trolling one bit. If anyone should be accused of doing that from time to time it's you.