Overtaking the Lions & Alouettes

BigBlue

Until Winnipeg beats one of the above .500 teams I cannot see them making the playoffs. BC and The Larks have beat good teams so, until I have proof to the contrary, they stand a better chance of getting wins to put them in the playoffs.

Sorry to disappoint you but if the Bombers beat the aforementioned teams and everything else remains equal, then the Blue will be in the playoffs.

Until Winnipeg beats one of the above .500 teams I cannot see them making the playoffs. BC and The Larks have beat good teams so, until I have proof to the contrary, they stand a better chance of getting wins to put them in the playoffs.

Sorry to disappoint you but if the Bombers beat the aforementioned teams and everything else remains equal, then the Blue will be in the playoffs.

lol! First they have to beat those two bottom dwellers but that won't be enough. That is just two games. To make the playoffs they have to beat >.500 teams and so far each one they have played they have been crushed. Montreal and BC have shown they can beat >.500 teams so right now I have to give them the edge. Sorry.

lol! First they have to beat those two bottom dwellers but that won't be enough. That is just two games. To make the playoffs they have to beat >.500 teams and so far each one they have played they have been crushed. Montreal and BC have shown they can beat >.500 teams so right now I have to give them the edge. Sorry.

No need to be sorry. There is nothing in what I said that isn't true. Should I explain it to you?

No need to be sorry. There is nothing in what I said that isn't true. Should I explain it to you?

I'd like to hear it. Beating BC and Montreal only will put us at 6-12 and that's not going to do it.

Unless this is some wordplay thing. Then forget it.

I'd like to hear it. Beating BC and Montreal only will put us at 6-12 and that's not going to do it.

Beat the Lions and Als and you may not need to win any other games depending on what those teams do. Remember the Als would have to cross over and would need to flat out beat the Bombers record, doable but not guaranteed. If they beat the Lions as well then Winnipeg would hold the tie breaker over them and they too would need to flat out beat the Bombers record. Possible but not a given. If the Bombers only get to 6 wins those other teams need to get to 7 (or 6 plus a tie) Really the most basic thing you can do to make the playoffs is beat the teams you should beat and keep them behind you. The Bombers at this moment have a chance to do that. They wouldn't be the first team to make the playoffs below .500. BC has qb and coach issues, so does Montreal, I don't know how you give them the advantage if Winnipeg manages to beat them. 

There is really nothing behind it. Winning those games puts us in position, everything else being equal, means we have to win our games, no matter against who, if and when those two teams win their games, no matter against who.

If we set the pace...all the better.

Oh, and there's nothing to fear in wordplay, no things at all.

Bc Montreal Toronto and Calgary are all beatable teams. Ya Calgary too if we get average quarterback play. Back to back with Ottawa probably means 1 win also.

Only team that we might have trouble with is Edmonton.

Seriously with Nichols or Willy we probably would have beat the argos earlier this year.

Bc Montreal Toronto and Calgary are all beatable teams. Ya Calgary too if we get average quarterback play. Back to back with Ottawa probably means 1 win also.

Only team that we might have trouble with is Edmonton.

Seriously with Nichols or Willy we probably would have beat the argos earlier this year.

I admire your optimism.

Beat the Lions and Als and you may not need to win any other games depending on what those teams do. Remember the Als would have to cross over and would need to flat out beat the Bombers record, doable but not guaranteed. If they beat the Lions as well then Winnipeg would hold the tie breaker over them and they too would need to flat out beat the Bombers record. Possible but not a given. If the Bombers only get to 6 wins those other teams need to get to 7 (or 6 plus a tie) Really the most basic thing you can do to make the playoffs is beat the teams you should beat and keep them behind you. The Bombers at this moment have a chance to do that. They wouldn't be the first team to make the playoffs below .500. BC has qb and coach issues, so does Montreal, I don't know how you give them the advantage if Winnipeg manages to beat them. 

I think most of us will not soon forget a certain 8-10 Calgary team from 2001...

I think most of us will not soon forget a certain 8-10 Calgary team from 2001...

Lets put Dave Donaldson on Marc Boerighter, they said. DD is a local boy and really improving, they said. 

If we will beat BC and MTL, that at least  put us to 6 wins.

Then, BC needs to put up 7 wins since we won the season series with them, if that's the case.
Also, MTL need to put up 7 wins to crossover, if that's the case.

Win both those games, and add 1 more then I think we are in better position to make the playoffs.