Henoc Muamba or Matt Nichols?

gbill2004

Henoc or Nichols?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Henoc or Nichols?

• Henoc Muamba
    • Matt Nichols

If we have the over one million dollars in cap space currently that's been speculated about recently, coupled with the Chris Greaves trade who was getting paid quite handsomely, there's no reason whatsoever that we can't have both. It's a bit of a silly question to be honest given that.

We don't have a million in cap space and if you don't like the question then don't answer or respond. It's a legit question that Walters may need to consider. None of us know the Bombers true cap situation.

Have the Bombers hired you to audit their books?

But it's really not a legit question, hence the point that I made. It's a hypothetical question, and a silly, nonsensical one at that.

If we have the over one million dollars in cap space currently that's been speculated about recently, coupled with the Chris Greaves trade who was getting paid quite handsomely, there's no reason whatsoever that we can't have both. It's a bit of a silly question to be honest given that.

We don't have a million in cap space and if you don't like the question then don't answer or respond. It's a legit question that Walters may need to consider. None of us know the Bombers true cap situation.

If none of us know the true cap situation, why are you writing about it factually in the first sentence of this post?

Easy Mike. Lets not let facts get in the way of a pointless debate ;)

unlike all the other debates here, which directly impact the direction of the team.  ;)

But it's really not a legit question, hence the point that I made. It's a hypothetical question, and a silly, nonsensical one at that.

Then leave the thread and stop posting if it bothers you that much.

Believe it or not sport, just because someone disagrees with a point (and a stretched one at that) you're trying to make, doesn't mean they should not post calling you out on it.

Welcome to a fan forum, where if you make silly comments, chances are you're going to get called on it.

Believe it or not sport, just because someone disagrees with a point (and a stretched one at that) you're trying to make, doesn't mean they should not post calling you out on it.

Welcome to a fan forum, where if you make silly comments, chances are you're going to get called on it.

It ain't a silly question just cuz you said so. I think it's a good one and so do others in here. And it could be a real decision Walters has to consider. Sorry you can't see that, but like you say it's a fan forum and not everyone sees things the same way.

Closer to 420k....Nichols for 185k and Muamba for 235k.

Let's watch Nichols for a few more games before signing him long term though, okay?

And if he lights it up there's zero chance we get him. He's an established CFL QB. We know what we're getting. This isn't a CFL rookie making his first career start.

One good half doesn't prove anything. I dunno how in demand Nichols would be honestly. He's been around a while and we got him for a 7th or 6th rounder. He's a good backup but I'm not sure a team would make him their starter. 200 K plus bonus money for starts is what I'd offer him.

Muamba Nichols Wild. .. why not all 3 really. Other teams have guys making big money. Why can't we.

The question should be what can you live without?  I'd prefer Muamba over Nichols, but I can't live without proper QB depth.  Willy-Nicholls-Davis? isn't a world better squad, but less that that scares the hell out of me compared to what Henoc does to opposing offences,

The question should be what can you live without?  I'd prefer Muamba over Nichols, but I can't live without proper QB depth.  Willy-Nicholls-Davis? isn't a world better squad, but less that that scares the hell out of me compared to what Henoc does to opposing offences,

Good point, we have witnessed how having a poor performance by the backup QB's effects the entire teams play negatively and yet the D has survived the entire season with a mediocre MLB and has performed adequately.  The D and Hurl have been improving steadily while the O has struggled mightily with and without Willy.  If the vote is for a difference maker I would have to side with Nichols.  If he can eek out a .500 record in the remainder of his starts this season, he will have fulfilled my expectations of a backup QB.

It may just be because he was just traded but Nichols seems pretty happy to be here, Like very happy, saying it's the happiest he's been since college really... I think there is a very real possibility that if we treat him good and make him feel like he's wanted, that he stays here. Willy,Nichols, 3rd stringer... That's pretty good QB depth for sure.

Really, release Marve,Brohm and a couple others and you basically can give Nichols his 200 k plus... Release a few others and you can give Henoc his 250,000 plus also.

I don't see it as an either or situation, i see it as I want both and I think theres ways to make it happen. I just don't see how we could be anywhere close to the cap, i just don't see it. The talent just isn't there yet.. we don't have many elite canadians outside of westerman really and Kohlert... Hurl might be getting paid good money but we didn't break the bank to sign him. 

Why not both. 

Closer to 420k....Nichols for 185k and Muamba for 235k.

Let's watch Nichols for a few more games before signing him long term though, okay?

And if he lights it up there's zero chance we get him. He's an established CFL QB. We know what we're getting. This isn't a CFL rookie making his first career start.

Well, you are saying 500k. How would that shake out?

300k for Muamb and 200k for Nichols?

That is a tad generous, no?