Blue Jays

nate007

The Indians are very good offensively they have a ton of guys in their line up that can handle the bat. Santana Kipnis Lindor Ramierez Napoli. Then some really good speed with Nayquen Davis. Thrown in Lonnie Chisenhall who was really good against Sox. People in Canada are taking the Indians lightly but they are really good.

I dont agree with publicly saying stuff like that, good teams find ways to win,  but it's been pretty obvious the last 2 games the HP ump - Diaz in game 1, not sure who was in game 2 - but they had horrible strike zones.  I'm not sure if it's TBS's strike zone monitor is so bad but so many pitches weren't even close to it that were called and on the replay they weren't even over the plate

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Haha Jose is saying the series is rigged. Jays not getting the same call as Indians. One of the many reasons I can't cheer for the Jays biggest babies in the league. Once its not going their way they start to pout and blame everyone except themselves.

its pretty sad. They just arent putting up runs. The calls havent been perfect but not awful. 

15 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Jays seem to never be happy with the calls, the art of pitching is to paint the corners and the ability to hit the target relying on K zone takes away the human element of calling ball and strikes umpire's have different strike zone and that's a fact.

Its the vic carapazza effect. Jays got legitimately jobbed previously and now they think all the crews are like that. Its also a league wide issue atm where strikes that are just barely at the bottom of the knee are strikes but virtually un hittable. Its why weve seen a massive increase in the past few years in no hitters. Its some thing thats been talked a bout revising. The difference between some crews is massive too. Which isnt good for the sport, but seldom (carapazza aside) is it one sided. Maybe one team adjusts better to the called strike zone but thats just better play. 

13 hours ago, bustamente said:

Jays up against now couldn't beat a team whose starter didn't make the 2nd inning. 

a sad sad day. The bats have gone cold at the worst possible time. If the jays lose this series I could see some serious revamping going on to the line up. Building a more traditional line up with actual lead off hitters, RISP guys after the meat of the order etc. 

Thankfully the young pitching is coming around in a hurry. If the jays hadnt made the ra dickey deal it might be the best young team in baseball. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Can't beat the bullpen, you're likely toast. So funny how the bats can just go ice cold like that after being so active the last couple weeks...

Yeah thats kind of the nature of home run hitting though. Its stupid streaky. 

Some of the players under contract are getting a bump in salary next year, Donaldson, Estrada, Happ, Martin and Upton are all getting pay raise , Martin is going to be making 20m, and Upton16.5m that's absolutely crazy numbers for those 2. Good luck but it could be a while before the Jays get back to the ALCS let alone World series.  

I haven't looked at the guys in the pen, but Dickey, Jose, EE, and Saunders are the starters who are headed into FA. They aren't going to implode, but I'd be shocked if they don't take a step back. Pompey will hopefully earn a spot next spring to replace JB, and Upton might be a solution to replace Saunders, with Carrera in the mix as well. With most of the rotation intact, if they can re-sign EE, I think they'll still be competitive.

That being said, it probably gets blown up big time.