Election 2015

FrostyWinnipeg

I was so chapped when they used the GST reduction as a cheap vote-get. Pissed me off to no end. So many idiots barked like seals about how great it was, not realizing the easy money it provides for the government. I'm a big fan of goods and service taxes...don't wanna pay it? Don't buy stuff. It's that simple.

I much prefer a consumption task. It taxes those that choose to consume and promotes savings.

I get spending is needed for the economy but canada needs most people that are saving.

Watching election results was more fun before social media when you didn't have a lot of sore losers and poor winners heckling and mocking

I believe two things in the aftermath of an election:

1) the out going PM deserves respect

2) the incoming PM deserves respect.

Too much to ask.

So let's predict Harper resigns. Conservatives in-fight splitting the moderate right and right wing nuts. NDP slips into oblivion. Liberals win three more majorities before inevitable arrogance and scandal force them out

I doubt it. It hasn't been that long since Conservatives had a split right and everybody was calling for unity. I doubt they will split so quickly. Getting a new leader was necessary as after enough time everybody can find something wrong with Harper. The same was true of Mulroney, Cretien. The best thing for them to do is get a more moderate leader for the future. Unfortunately, so many candidates have left before this election.

I'm very excited for the end of prohibition on weed. I don't smoke nor do I plan to but too many resources are being tied up in enforcing prohibition. Houses are being destroyed. The money is being used to fund other illegal activity. I think its very positive.

I generally agree. But I want it more difficult for kids to get. I've known far too many pot heads in my younger days.