Election 2015

FrostyWinnipeg

This is so stupid. If he wins the election he can just not raise taxes.

Good news either way. Not a huge fan of the other parties' plans to raise taxes across the board.

NDP said corporate taxes will go up and Liberals said the top tax bracket would increase. Was there anything else?

Have you seen the Liberal spending plan? No way they pay for that by "raising taxes for the top 1%" as they say.

I'm actually okay with some spending to try and fire up the economy. It's just gotta be done smartly...

Well that ain't the NDP then.

Maybe the Liberals.....if they were our Father's Liberals....not the modern party, which is NDP lite

They seem like a less crazy Con, to me, actually.....but I'm still formulating opinions.

In that dreadful ctv interview Trudeau did he got caught on the question of how to pay for his promises. He started off saying well we'd raise taxes on the rich and then realized he also wanted to say they'd lower taxes on the middle class so net neutral. He had no answer for how they'd pay for it.

And I believe mulcairs to pay for his promises is "don't worry about it".

The NDP's plan has oil at $67 a barrel. At its current price that's a five billion dollar deficit.

And They will pretend the lower price snuck on them

Due to Harper's mismanagement. "We are now forced to run a deficit thanks to Harper." Just like every bad thing in Manitoba is Gary Filmons fault.

At the French Debate Harper unmasked Mulcair when he looked him in the eye and said these words, "Never will I say to my daughter she has to cover her face because she's a woman." - Adler

But how did the translator say it? Lol

"Never.  I... My daughter.  She has to cover her face.  She's a.... woman."

CTV

latest numbers show:

29.6 per cent of respondents said they would pick the Conservatives as their top choice

30.3 per cent would pick the NDP

31.8 per cent would pick the Liberals

Meanwhile, 4.5 per cent said the Green Party would be their first choice, and 10.8 per cent were undecided.

The results show the three major parties locked in a tight race for the 16th-straight day.

But though the parties remain close, the latest numbers also show significant potential for volatility of cross-over support between the Liberals and NDP.

Of those who said they would pick the Liberals as their first choice, 49 per cent said the NDP would be their second choice.

On the other hand, 48 per cent of those who would pick the NDP first said they would pick the Liberals second.

In contrast, 46 per cent of those who favoured the Conservatives said they have no second choice.

Harper edges out Trudeau and Mulcair in preferred PM race

While the parties remained tied in nightly polling, another Nanos Research survey shows that Conservative Leader Stephen Harper has edged out Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau and NDP Leader Tom Mulcair as respondents' preferred prime minister.

The latest numbers also see Mulcair’s trend line for September hit a low.

When asked who Canadians would prefer as prime minister:

30.2 per cent of respondents said they would prefer Harper

27.2 per cent preferred Trudeau

24.4 per cent preferred Mulcair

5.5 per cent preferred Green Party Leader Elizabeth May

10.8 per cent said they were unsure

The good news is that 57.1% KNOW that Harper is not the right person to be the PM again.

That would be bad news. Lol

Although if harper wins you will see a lot of people say he's not legitimate because he didn't win majority of popular vote. But if either of the other two win under the same

Circumstances, crickets.

@CPC_HQ: When asked which taxes they will raise to get $6.5 billion, Liberal spokesman @JohnMcCallumLPC said “nothing is off the table.” #elxn42

1% GST increase would cover that.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/canada-lost-when-ottawa-cut-the-gst/article10271589/

@CTVMercedes: Conservatives announce money for Canadian Special Forces, promise to increase elite command by 35%

Another election promise but here is the reality.

While the Conservative government claims its defence spending over the years has risen massively, independent studies show the Tories actually underspent their own approved military budgets by close to $10 billion. They also chopped nearly $5 billion from defence since 2012, in large part to help Stephen Harper reach his much proclaimed budget surplus.

"The spending now on the military, when you adjust for the inflation is back where it was … at roughly 2007 levels," says David Perry, senior defence analyst with the Conference of Defence Associations.

This isn't going to go over well

@Jenni_Byrne: .@JustinTrudeau defends terrorists having Cdn citizenship. #cdnpoli #elxn42 #MunkDebate

@MelissaLantsman: Liberals: Citizenship for terrorists. What has happened to this party? @marcomendicino didn't you go after the Toronto 18? #MunkDebate

@CTVNews: Trudeau: 'A Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian." #MunkDebate

@S_Blair1: Justin is working really hard to defend terrorists #MunkDebate

@CTVNews: Trudeau suggests we have a PM doesn't like Obama. Harper responds he has a great relationship with US administration, including Obama.

It looks like former PM B. Mulroney doesn't really see it that way...

He, Mulroney, also chastised Harper for his relationship with U.S. President Barack Obama, suggesting the prime minister doesn’t have the kind of close ties that allow him to call the Oval Office and ask for bilateral back-up on a number of issues.

“If you can’t do that, you don’t have much clout internationally. The relationship with the United States is something the prime minister alone has to nurture the same way he would tend to the most delicate flowers in a garden. It’s that important.”- Sep 05 2014

THE CANADIAN PRESS