Reilly out 10 - 12 weeks

I think the ESKS are in trouble, They have db's that like to be aggressive and i think the new rules are gonna hurt them lots, their D looked awful vs the Argos for sure. Now with Reilly out, Yeah it's gonna be tough times there I think. 

Reilly is an exciting QB to watch (though he really didn't do much on Saturday!) and it sucks whenever a talented QB in this league goes down.  I am waiting to see if Lulay can be effective with his busted shoulder.  I am thinking he's going to be another Buck Pierce, one hit and he's done for the year again. 

Yeah but... still, he seems to be a bit of an injury concern, his style of play seems to be that of... well, its eerily reminiscent of buck pierce even.. good qb but seems to always be banged up or injured or something. Is he a good passer or is his success as a qb all about the ability to scramble? I like the guy but it's not like he's putting up huge numbers or anything, I think that D there was the reason for their success last year more so than the O. 

Yikes.. I guess it's time for them to bring back Goltz!

Completely logical to bring back Goltz, he's been there for awhile and he knows the playbook.  He can hold a clip-board and look good doing it.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7Yz1/my-tide-featuring-ed-wagner

Apparently Goltz is playing for the NY Giants now...

Yeah but... still, he seems to be a bit of an injury concern, his style of play seems to be that of... well, its eerily reminiscent of buck pierce even.. good qb but seems to always be banged up or injured or something. Is he a good passer or is his success as a qb all about the ability to scramble? I like the guy but it's not like he's putting up huge numbers or anything, I think that D there was the reason for their success last year more so than the O.

Definitely an injury concern. He didn't put up huge numbers last year, but I feel like nobody really did (maybe I'm wrong). His first year in Edmonton he had 4000+ passing, and 700+ rushing yards, on a bad team.

He only started 15 games last year too.

Sad? I dunno, it's unfortunate for sure but i don't know about sad..

Durant? Did it to himself really

Reilly? was injured a bit earlier in the game, they put a knee brace on him, he went back in and now he's done for 12 weeks..

The Durant one was a fluke really, the Reilly one, i guess really you can blame 2 people.. 1 is Mike Reilly, he probably shouldn't have gone back in the game after getting "injured" the first time, he did and now he's done for a while, if he stayed out, maybe he isn't injured long term, maybe it's just a week or 2.. and 2. Chris Jones and the ESKS medical staff for allowing an already somewhat injured player to go back in.

Those 2 right there, it's not like they were cheap shots or anything, it's just flukes... Yeah it sucks to lose 2 Qb's for the season, 2 starters i should say for the season, Lefevour was not the starter and his injury, perhaps a little cheap shot but i think the way he fell was the reason he was injured...

Yeah it sucks but what can you do really..

Nichols gets a chance like Harris got his chance.... Montreal? well honestly when you fail to develop a qb behind Calvillo for 15 years... i'm sorry but that's not sad, that's just their fault really. It's unfortunate that it's happened but i wouldn't call it sad

I watched 99 percent of that esks argos game and honestly, that game was over well b4 Reilly got hurt, it was so obvious that Toronto was just owning Edmonton, Edmonton was just losing it out there, they were going all hot headed and the minute that happens, the game is over.. Reilly should have been told to sit on the bench the second the first "injury" happened cuz the game was over by that time already. 

Mike Reilly is a damned fine QB. The trouble is, he's set his own QB standard, and he's set it high. His first year's performance was one to sit back, watch, and marvel at. But he won't be able to do that all the time. Nor should he. The question then becomes, can he limit his running style, without affecting his on-field performance?

I looked at Collaros so far this year and I've noticed he's much more stable in the pocket. His tendency to scramble has petered off and he's becoming more effective. Can he keep it up? We'll begin to notice more starting this Thursady. Let's hope the Bombers have a little more oomph in their defensive attack that will alter how Collaros performs.

Reilly? was injured a bit earlier in the game, they put a knee brace on him, he went back in

He/They also  did this in the final against Calgary last season.  He was really hurting, went in when the backup (Joseph?) couldn't do anything.

Not always the best thing for the player, or the team.  To a point you admire the effort and the guts, but he's not helping himself the way he keeps

getting killed.

First game of the year, decent backup, player with injury history, why send him back in when he's already dinged up.

At some point it's stupid. Just like Lulay last year.

Man I'm getting tired of my standard QB injury post, "like the whole league, want to see the best players, injuries suck, all the best to them for a solid recovery, blah blah, etc." What can the league do to keep the QBs upright without ruining the game?

Didn't the Eskies' practice roster guy James Franklin show something during the pre-season?

Man I'm getting tired of my standard QB injury post, like the whole league, want to see the best players, injuries suck, all the best, etc, etc. What can the league do to keep the QBs upright without ruining the game?

Didn't the Eskies' practice roster guy James Franklin show something during the pre-season?

Well, On Durants they could have done nothing considering he injured himself. On Reillys, he could have been told to sit the rest of the game when he first got "injured", he came back in wearing a knee brace, The injury started there, he came back in and a fluke play took him out, if he was sitting on the bench, he wouldn't have gotten injured worse. 

Basically, the CFL can do nothing because it's just a fluke really, none of these guys were cheap shotted, none of them targeted by opposing players, One guy injured himself, and one guy who was injured earlier was allowed to go back in and injury himself even worse. 

On the Lefevour injury, i think he just fell oddly on his shoulder, nothing can be done about that one. Crompton? I didn't see it personally so can't comment on it but i'd assume it's just another fluke type of injury. You can't do anything to stop those.  The league protects the QB's enough as is, can't hit them high, can't hit them low really.. what more can they do? Put a flag on their asses and instead of going for the sack or tackle you gotta pull the flag off?  Wrap them in bubble wrap? Maybe but not even bubble wrap would have stopped those injuries from happening. Sometimes, you just get injured, it is what it is. I guess the whole, it's pro sports not ballet thing applies here. 

I'd understand if these guys got injured on cheap shots or something but really, you can't stop flukes from happening, sometimes you get hurt playing pro sports, it's a risk everyone who has ever played a sport knows could happen. You can't really do a thing about it. 

I want to compare this to hockey, Hits from behind, people are always like what can the NHL do to eliminate hits from behind, well, nothing really.. it's the player who is exposing himself that needs to change, that player should understand that you can't turn your back on someone at the last second and expect not to get hammered, it's just like these injuries really, you can't do anything. In reillys case, maybe change his style of play a bit, maybe be less warrior and maybe just go down when there is nothing there, instead of trying to extend the play by half a yard or so... The Esks coaches tho i think and medical staff, well, they should know full well that while you can't win the grey cup in week 1, losing your starting QB in week 1 means you won't win it either more than likely.

It's about the mentality of the players really, some need to change their style but.. for the most part... i'd say of the 4 qb's injured this past week, all 4, you could do nothing to stop it from happening. 

Reilly got injured because he was allowed to go back in a game that really, it was over and done at that time, Argos just dominated them, Esks could do nothing about it, that game was over, sometimes the coaches need to understand that sometimes it's best to just sit the guy down and live to fight another day cuz like i said, you can't win the grey cup in week 1 but losing your starting qb in week 1, probably means you aren't gonna be contending for later in the year too. 

Reilly's injury might be the only one that was actually preventable. the rest were just flukes i think and reillys might have been too but... if the coaches tell him to sit on the bench and take it easy for the rest of the game and live to fight another day, well, who knows, maybe his knee doesn't get torn apart and maybe instead of being out for a week maybe 2, he's not out for 12. 

Good lord if every player with a booboo sat out the rest of the game there would be nobody on the field by halftime.

I doubt anyone who's ever played football at any level hasn't played hurt.

Willy was slow to get up more than once last game, should he have been benched?