Credit to Bomber Marketing where it is due

Geebrr

remember, this is the same group of meatheads who brought you these nasty jerseys, and then claimed later that it would be too expensive to go back to royal blue, and they've spent so much already on creating a brand. this includes things like letterheads, pens, etc. i kid you not.

i wish i was.

Reebok is more likely the perpetrators of the stupid jerseys than the marketing department of the Bombers. Also, almost everyone from marketing when those jerseys were introduced has moved on.

What I didn't like was the dishonest marketing of the 2011 season as the last in the old stadium and 2012 as the first in the new when anybody who had so much as had a friend in the construction industry or trades knew they wouldn't be playing the new stadium until 2013.

Reebok is more likely the perpetrators of the stupid jerseys than the marketing department of the Bombers. Also, almost everyone from marketing when those jerseys were introduced has moved on.

What I didn't like was the dishonest marketing of the 2011 season as the last in the old stadium and 2012 as the first in the new when anybody who had so much as had a friend in the construction industry or trades knew they wouldn't be playing the new stadium until 2013.

I think we can thank Garth Butchko for that disaster.... who, has we all know, is long gone by now

I think we can thank Garth Butchko for that disaster.... who, has we all know, is long gone by now

Butchko wasn't part of the organization at that point, but the dude has frosted tips so I get why the blame is laid ;)

I'm not denying he wasn't cut out for the job, in fact, I really have no idea if he wasn't or not as the organization from top to bottom was a complete mess. But the dude got blamed for everything include stuff that happened before he took over.

Buchko should never have been hired.   

Buchko as manager of CJOB signs a seven year extension for the broadcast rights with the Bombers - November 20, 2011

March 1, 2012 (essentially three months after this announcement), Buchko is announced as CEO for the Bombers.

Looking at the cost that TSN paid for the CFL television rights, I'm willing to bet that CJOB got a sweet deal on the Bombers radio rights in exchange for Buchko becoming CEO.